biaseddustyfan

|17🏆|18🏆|19🏆|20🏆|21🏆|22🏆|23🏆|24🏆|25🏆|
May 15, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Dusty
So Choldo is working pretty well lately

without any analysis, soldo appears to win us/break even more in the centre bounces and throw ins, but probably gets half the possessions that nank does with similar tackle numbers

chol is a good kick and "x factor" but doesn't play much gametime

what do we do tigs board? KiwiTiger will use this thread in match committee I'm told

Current deal works well so I reckon make it as close to like-for-like as possible - Nank in Soldo out.
Soldo has done nothing wrong, but I feel he and Nank a both a bit too slow to have in the same team. And Nank provides us with a bit more around the ground, which I like.
Chol the most athletic, feel like we can swing him around a bit too. Probably the best defence we have against Cox if he decides to play the 2nd good game of his career.

hard to change it up aye?

i have been a nank fanboy but not sure what to do now, soldo has been great for prestia/dusty/bolton/graham/cotch

nank/chol needs to be trialed before finals i reckon
Hate say it but I'm liking Soldo over Nank.

Chols not there yet but only way we leave all 3 in the side is if Chol plays back for Broad. At the moment Broad had him well covered as a defender.

I don't think the decision is as easy as it was before nank got injured .... I'm thinking soldo - nank against monster rucks and nank-chol against the rest
Rotate the 3.
Maybe somehow give them all 12-16 games a year.
But your right. 2 monster rucks we play Soldo and Nank and against sides with mobile 2nd ruck we play Nank and Chol with maybe giving Nank 4 to 5 weeks off a year.

If the games on the line with the 6/6/6 setup and next score wins, we need to not lose the ruck contest. A clear tap to advantage by the oppo ruckman and we are farked.
Soldo over nank for that reason.
2nd ruck is less clear, but probably favour nank as he is better insurance if soldo goes down during a game.
Finally I’d love to fit Chol in somewhere as well, but not sure who he would displace.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hate say it but I'm liking Soldo over Nank.

Chols not there yet but only way we leave all 3 in the side is if Chol plays back for Broad. At the moment Broad had him well covered as a defender.

I also like Soldo. He gives a better contest at the rucks, and we do better in clearances with him there. He's just taller. However, around the ground he offers nothing - no contested marks, few possessions - whereas Nank plays the 'big body mid' very well.

It's a balance - work out where you think we need which skillset.

The ideal would be for Soldo to take the centre bounces and then magically turn into Nank when the ball hits the ground. Can we get wizards under our 'Football Department' cap?

If the games on the line with the 6/6/6 setup and next score wins, we need to not lose the ruck contest. A clear tap to advantage by the oppo ruckman and we are farked.
2nd ruck is less clear, but probably favour nank as he is better insurance if soldo goes down during a game.
Finally I’d love to fit Chol in somewhere as well, but not sure who he would displace.

Can't base your whole set up on one scenario. Have to factor in the entire game.

Nankervis when fit is a bit better than Soldo, does a lot more work around the ground which makes our mids and back half a bit stronger.

Earlier this year I really didn't rate Soldo at all, but he has improved a bit. I still don't rate either of them particularly highly though.

I really woudn't be opposed us chasing someone like Goldstein or Ryder in the off season if they could come as free agents and we could get 2 or 3 years out of them for not much coin (and they put themselves right in the mix for a flag)

Chol is developing well, and is ideal as our second ruckman.

Soldo offering better tap work giving more first usage

Nank offers much more around the ground/contested marking

Both provide a big physical presence

It's a genuine toss of the coin, & it would be hard to drop Soldo on merit at present

Nank/Chol.
Soldo is just tall, he's not much of a footballer. Nank has excellent field kicking, can take a grab and is way more effective at ground level. Plus he knows how to throw every kilo into his tackles and really hurts them adding some serious enforcement to stoppages.
Chol is just pure x-factor and can plug a variety of holes, I really want to see it all 'click' for him because he's the sort of player that can turn a game.

Need to make the call on other bigger factors relating to the ruck role, but for what it’s worth, feel like Chol is the most reliable set shot for goal in our team right now. If I could give it to anyone for an after the siren win from 35 metres it would be him. Perfect technique and composure

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nank is still a much better player than Soldo, Nank’s only genuine weakness’ are his tap work and his size when coming up against Grundy/Gawn and the monster ruckman. Where as Soldo's strengths are his size and tap work.

Ultimately Nank is a better footballer and will/has to come back into our side. I'd honestly be alright if Nank plays VFL again next week, allows him to get more minutes into his body and the opportunity to find some form without the physicality of the AFL.

Nank has spent almost all of his time at Richmond playing as our only ruckman, giving him the opportunity to play with a second ruckman and the lesser responsibility could see him look even better.

Nank/Chol.
Soldo is just tall, he's not much of a footballer. Nank has excellent field kicking, can take a grab and is way more effective at ground level. Plus he knows how to throw every kilo into his tackles and really hurts them adding some serious enforcement to stoppages.
Chol is just pure x-factor and can plug a variety of holes, I really want to see it all 'click' for him because he's the sort of player that can turn a game.

Problem is there neither of them a good tap ruckman and against the best of rucks we will struggle it's been proven. Make no mistake Soldo made a big difference combating Grundy yeah his not like Nank around the ground but he plays to his limitations while Chol does the part around the ground. I wouldn't change a winning formula that's working simple as that.Our midfield is loving Soldo in the middle.

A fresh Nankervis should be good heading into finals. And the wrecking ball combination with Balta is my choice. Think I'd have preferred Chol to be groomed for key defence but I can see it is tricky and they are trying to prepare Balta for that role in case needed. I don't think he is suited to the role at this stage.

Going with Soldo for now is fine. The club appears to be wanting to time the Nankervis run at the finals to perfection and he should be 100% by finals time and should resume the number one ruck role.

If we go like for like to keep the same system it would have to be Soldo and Nank comes in.
Soldo by far our best centre bounce ruckman and midfield has looked better as a result, Nank plays same role Chol is but better.

Back