Petition/Letter to the Club demanding an external review (now with PDF link in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we've had an impact already. We were the first to raise "external review" on the podcast. Now it's all over the media. My Twitter has had about 20 journos follow CrowCast this week. Im not boasting, but im pointing out that just starting the convo has provoked pressue. 1000 sigs would add to that pressure. Just the engagement on the Facebook shows the reach has been pretty broad.
View attachment 719783

It's getting to the point where the crows will be forced to do something.
Great job mate. Well done.

I think we've had an impact already. We were the first to raise "external review" on the podcast. Now it's all over the media. My Twitter has had about 20 journos follow CrowCast this week. Im not boasting, but im pointing out that just starting the convo has provoked pressue. 1000 sigs would add to that pressure. Just the engagement on the Facebook shows the reach has been pretty broad.
View attachment 719783

Who was the negative feedback?

Chappy saying all is ok, as we are still in the 8? ;)

View attachment 719783

Yes, the petition has been a wonderful promotion of your business.

Well no, I don't, that would be as dumb as thinking they'll just audit the KPIs.

I was Managing Partner* for a Big 4 firm, and I led** organisational reviews of multi-billion dollar multinationals***.

* Senior Consultant
** took part in
*** departments within small-medium enterprises and government departments

So yes, I do have a clue.
Is a review of the clubs "culture" or "player retention" be something that could be reasonably or meaningfully covered (within or as a part of a larger independent external review)?

Yes, the petition has been a wonderful promotion of your business.
Yet another petty swing... and miss. CrowCast is self funded mate, assisted by a couple of sponsors and a few patrons. Its not a business.

Stop embarrassing yourself.

Is a review of the clubs "culture" or "player retention" be something that could be reasonably or meaningfully covered (within or as a part of a larger independent external review)?
I'm sure it could. But would depend on
1. Terms of reference specified by the client
2. Willingness of the client to listen to and act on the outcomes.

And 2. Is where a lot of reviews fail.

I'm sure it could. But would depend on
1. Terms of reference specified by the client
2. Willingness of the client to listen to and act on the outcomes.

And 2. Is where a lot of reviews fail.
I found it interesting that both Fagan and Chapman mentioned (for the first time that I'd heard anyway) last week that external reviews were conducted last year. After a few days of more conversation it turned out the external review only covered PPT (Physical Performance T ..?)

So I guess the result of that was seeing the incumbent senior physio moved on and Steve Saunders brought in to take over .. so 1 win

I think there is a disconnect of ideas between both groups - supporters and AFC board/Staff

Supporters want a change to the safe boring slow process of the football club

The Board/Staff think this means blowing the place up and scattering people to the wilderness. It really isnt that severe.

Stability in any organisation is the one goal all should aim for. But where this can go wrong is when people stagnate or are allowed to stagnate. Again people may be thinking they are giving 100% but its actually in the confines of that safe bubble.

It was said of football ''back in my day'' that the key to any successful side was a strong spine ie put them in place and the periphery (flankers) will compliment them.

An organisation is the same. From Chairman to CEO and in this case - Football Director and Coach and Captain.

The key question is to identify each role and is this person
1. The best person for this job?
2. Can they be moved on?
3. Are there better options available elsewhere? ie what people could do the job
4. Have people been in the environment too long and has that affected their output?

I found it interesting that both Fagan and Chapman mentioned (for the first time that I'd heard anyway) last week that external reviews were conducted last year. After a few days of more conversation it turned out the external review only covered PPT (Physical Performance T ..?)

So I guess the result of that was seeing the incumbent senior physio moved on and Steve Saunders brought in to take over .. so 1 win

I don’t believe them.

4. Have people been in the environment too long and has that affected their output?
Just a follow up on this point. This also includes the players.

Is our List Management right? We used to have a policy that nobody over 30 got a long contract and those coming up to 30 had time dated contracts. Sometimes it works but other times it doesnt

I also relate this to calling time on players early rather than late. Again this is dangerous but I think the overall benefit would be in the positive.

Competitive Tension is a great phrase and you want people to back themselves. McLeod was annoyed at getting 1 year deals but boy did he keep getting them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t believe them.
Neither do I ..

However backing up a little bit, I did cop some unsavoury comments from a couple of flogs on this board when I mentioned Steve Saunders and Kanga-tech as being a valuable asset for the club

Neither do I ..

However backing up a little bit, I did cop some unsavoury comments from a couple of flogs on this board when I mentioned Steve Saunders and Kanga-tech as being a valuable asset for the club

There is no peer reviewed evidence of the efficacy of kangatech

Interesting. 2 reasons come to mind.

CrowCast will not be getting any more access from anyone

Kym has been muzzled by the club

Or a combination of the 2

If he has been muzzled by the club and cant contact ANY media organisation or indeed fan group then thats a huge fail on the clubs part.

So if anyone missed it in the other thread. The AFC aren't allowing the Crowcast to interview the members elect director.
Yeah, here they are announcing it..

102314447-RTR4JEHC.530x298.jpg

Unbelievable.

Interesting. 2 reasons come to mind.

CrowCast will not be getting any more access from anyone

Kym has been muzzled by the club

Or a combination of the 2

If he has been muzzled by the club and cant contact ANY media organisation or indeed fan group then thats a huge fail on the clubs part.
Either way the club have become insular & forget that they would not exist without their members..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back