Injury Injury thread 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simpson quoted saying NicNat 50/50 of a return this year and definately not before finals although "I may be doing that an injustice". Brander with a bad hammie that looks like surgery and Duggan has aggravated the ankle.

Bad injuries from that WAFL game which makes a mockery of the concept that you can protect players by easing them in via the WAFL. Nic Nat should never play WAFL.
Where did you see this?

Sucks if Duggan is a long term injury but this gives players like Nelson, Watson and Rotham to get a crack in the backline and builds up our depth for that position.

It was the right call to play Duggan in our WAFL team as they can monitor his minutes as much as they like unlike the AFL where it is tricky to monitor loads for players coming back.

For me Nic nat also HAS to play at least one game in the WAFL so he can be confident on that ankle. Might get tricky with our senior side possibly not making finals.

Do you do a write up in a training thread? From memory I recall something like that but I cant see it any more.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Mainly do training write ups during preseason- there’s not much point doing them in season as the only open sessions are either Monday or Tuesday and very little of note gets done

Main interest is who does or doesn’t train so I’ll usually post in the injury thread or changes thread for that week

Mainly do training write ups during preseason- there’s not much point doing them in season as the only open sessions are either Monday or Tuesday and very little of note gets done

Main interest is who does or doesn’t train so I’ll usually post in the injury thread or changes thread for that week
Legend! Cheers

Duggan's might still only be 1 week rest. It doesn't sound doom and gloom.

It certainly didn't look doom and gloom from the injury report video. Looked like a lower leg knock rather than a roll of the ankle - and he walked/limped off somewhat unassisted.

I'm a long way from an expert on these things, but from the look of it, it seemed more like a whack to an already sore area that made it sore again - rather than a re-injury of the same severity.

If Duggan does make it back I hope it isn't at the expense of Nelson. Waterman, Petrol or Cameron should make way

Unfortunately for Nelson the other options all play at the other end of the ground.

I should hope the club would put the acid back onto Duggo and get him to displace Nelson on form not seniority

Unfortunately for Nelson the other options all play at the other end of the ground.

I should hope the club would put the acid back onto Duggo and get him to displace Nelson on form not seniority
Cripps for Cameron
Hutch for Petrol
Duggo for Waterman

Sheppard - Barrass - Schofield
Hurn - McGovern - Jetta
Gaff - Yeo - Masten
Cripps - Darling - Hutchings (tagger)
Rioli - Kennedy - Ryan

Hickey - Shuey - Sheed

Nelson - Redden - Nelson - OAllen

OAllen and Hickey can be resting forwards. Nelson can also tag. Enough midfield rotations. Forward line could be strengthened with Cameron but come finals I think it's too much of a risk. Shuey, Yeo & Sheed also kick goals regularly

Nelson - Redden - Nelson - OAllen

OAllen and Hickey can be resting forwards. Nelson can also tag. Enough midfield rotations. Forward line could be strengthened with Cameron but come finals I think it's too much of a risk. Shuey, Yeo & Sheed also kick goals regularly

Full Nelson!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching simo talk nicnat I get the vide th3 club is playing silly and they know a lot more than they are letting on.

Composure is the big one IMO. Takes his time to suss it out and make a decision. Used to be a walking hand grenade
He is amongst some fairly experienced and talented company back there. I would imagine that the likes of Hurn, Shep, Jetta and Gov would be imparting a fair bit of knowledge on and support for any young guy coming into the back six.

No idea. I just dont buy that they dont know the odds of him playing

I think they’re just trying to keep some sort of lid on the speculation whilst doing everything they can to get him ready to play. And also give Nic every chance to prove his fitness before making the decision to have surgery

It seems pretty clear that if he gets up it won't be in time to play a game or two before finals.

I'm still torn on whether we roll the dice with an underdone Nic Nat come finals. The game against the Pies really showed that we struggle to carry his reduced minutes if a runner goes down. He also tired in the last (albeit he was playing through injury) and Grundy ran amok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back