Recruiting Trade & Free Agency VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bennell has apparently had surgery on his calf that has uncovered some nerve damage and scar tissue that had not been previously identified.

It’s a risk I’m willing to take, and I’m normally pretty white bread with this kind of stuff

Bennell has apparently had surgery on his calf that has uncovered some nerve damage and scar tissue that had not been previously identified.

It’s a risk I’m willing to take, and I’m normally pretty white bread with this kind of stuff
Really?

If this is true, then I'd be prepared to give him a crack.

Really?

If this is true, then I'd be prepared to give him a crack.

It was on the AFL website somewhere, along with an alarming breakdown of all the individual calf issues he has had.

I’m not married to the idea but depending on how he recovers he’s at least an option, surely?

It was on the AFL website somewhere, along with an alarming breakdown of all the individual calf issues he has had.

I’m not married to the idea but depending on how he recovers he’s at least an option, surely?
I'd be keeping tabs on him at least until the trade/delisted free agent period started. If his calf woes were to be fixed then we could do a lot worse.

At his best he was a seriously damaging player, who's to say that it's beyond him to get back to it?

Nothing wrong with shelving pingas and smashing fat slugs of rack m8
There is a big difference between taking party drugs (which many players do, I assume) and consuming so much 'frozen water' that bikies feel the need to confront you for not being able to pay the debt.

Why would we want someone like Bennell at our club?

Don't you people know what he does off field? Or do you just ignore it?

Yeah cos all other footballers are saints.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bennell hmm interesting. If he can get his act together and have him on base wage on the rookie list that would be okay.

Not sure on the facination with Bennell is? We have players performing to close to whatever his best was now.

I think I know what you're saying but just in case check out the GCS numbers.

He was playing top 10 player in the comp footy before he went off the rails. He hadn't yet strung it together but he was well on the way.

Bennell as a rookie wouldn’t be the worst get if he’s got his off-field stuff sorted out. Wouldn’t want to go anywhere near him if he hasn’t.

Super talent, but if he’s going to be toxic, not worth it.

People seriously underrating how good his best was if they think he wouldn’t be a top 5 player for any team in the AFL at his peak.

His best is/was alot higher than anyone currently on our list.
Name them

As BrunoV mentioned, maybe choosing my words poorly but if he is to be a midfielder, what is/was he doing that a Zac Merret isn't doing? as a forward what is it that he is doing that a Fantasia isn't doing?

I get that he could be anything. So could Laverde. I just don't see why taking a punt on an injury prone, ill disciplined off field person can add to our footbal list in the slim chance that he does in fact get it all together.

I think I know what you're saying but just in case check out the GCS numbers.

He was playing top 10 player in the comp footy before he went off the rails. He hadn't yet strung it together but he was well on the way.

Just checked them out and he was pretty bloody awesome in that one hiccup of a year where he managed to play AFL football.

Bennell as a rookie wouldn’t be the worst get if he’s got his off-field stuff sorted out. Wouldn’t want to go anywhere near him if he hasn’t.

Super talent, but if he’s going to be toxic, not worth it.

People seriously underrating how good his best was if they think he wouldn’t be a top 5 player for any team in the AFL at his peak.
what worries me without even adding Bennell is the trend of not being able to get our own cattle right. Daniher for the second year in a row has been unable to get on the park, Stewart has played what, a half in a season of football.

As BrunoV mentioned, maybe choosing my words poorly but if he is to be a midfielder, what is/was he doing that a Zac Merret isn't doing? as a forward what is it that he is doing that a Fantasia isn't doing?

I get that he could be anything. So could Laverde. I just don't see why taking a punt on an injury prone, ill disciplined off field person can add to our footbal list in the slim chance that he does in fact get it all together.
I for one would hate to have 2 of the players you mentioned.

So you name 2 of our most important players. Was your original point that we don't need another?

I'm all for rookie listing. Don't see the harm. Obviously a gamble but not a very large one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back