Non Lions Discussion 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Certainly didn't decide the game, but the umpiring was truly terrible. It's what worries me the most about facing them next week. I think we can cover them, but if the umpires aren't pulling them up, then it becomes an unfair contest.
The amount of high contact and throwing of the ball that they get away with is putrid. Danger actually tackled a North player lastnight in a headlock and was rewarded. Saw about 3 similar incidents before Razor pinged him. That's 3 free kicks North should have got within 3 minutes. Holding the man is also a feature of their game that they seem to get away with. The turning of a blind eye affords them so many extra opportunities, and if they capitalise on them, their opponent drifts further behind.
North got away with a bit too, but couldn't capitalise. Umpiring matters and can tilt a game one way or the other, even if it's not biased. Only needs one team to cheat better than the other which is not the same as one team being better.

I agree the umpiring wasn’t great, but to say they ‘turn a blind eye’ is a bit silly. We don’t want to sound like Snake Baker and the Norf board over here.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I agree the umpiring wasn’t great, but to say they ‘turn a blind eye’ is a bit silly. We don’t want to sound like Snake Baker and the Norf board over here.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
As I said, it’s not necessarily biased against or toward a team, but bigger names seem to be given greater benefit of doubt. Dangerfield for example, gets away with a hell of a lot, and as the number 1 team, Geelong as a whole are given benefit of the doubt.

Who do we want to win between Richmond and WC next week? That game is huge.

I want WC to win and us to beat Richmond in last round as well.
Could be a Lions vs Pies Qualy at Gabba :eek: !!

Who do we want to win between Richmond and WC next week? That game is huge.

I would say Richmond, as it increases our chance of finishing top 2.

If we beat geelong - Richmond.

If we lose to geelong - probably West Coast as that increases our chances to keep a top 4 spot even with a loss to richmond in rd 23.

What about the meltdown on the Norf board. Flog city lead by the biggest flog Snake Baker and closely followed by that moron Jean Luc Goddard. The mighty Kangas kicked one goal yes that's right one goal in 120 mins but the umpires ruined the game and made it impossible for Norf!

Some of those guys need to take a break from footy and from posting. Also what did they expect when they recruited one of the softest players ever in Polec? The biggest front runner I have ever seen.

Even a few posters have turned on Shaw - only got the job 5 mins ago. Quality that lot.

Not just any umpire - razor ray himself. The umpire who has blatantly ruined there chances in others games such as their game against us.

I hope that when we were st out worst it wasn't that bad.

Last edited:
What about the meltdown on the Norf board. Flog city lead by the biggest flog Snake Baker and closely followed by that moron Jean Luc Goddard. The mighty Kangas kicked one goal yes that's right one goal in 120 mins but the umpires ruined the game and made it impossible for Norf!

Some of those guys need to take a break from footy and from posting. Also what did they expect when they recruited one of the softest players ever in Polec? The biggest front runner I have ever seen.

Even a few posters have turned on Shaw - only got the job 5 mins ago. Quality that lot.

norf

I'm liking the fact that the Port win has bumped Adelaide out of the 8. Might give them a bit of a harder edge against the Weagles today. Still expecting WC to account for them today, but a 20ish point win followed by what should be a tight game next week bodes well for us. All counts for zip if we lose next week though lol.

Surely this experiment with this female umpire must come to an end. It’s not about her being female, it’s about her utter incompetence to officiate at this level and it’s obvious she’s only given games because of her gender because no male umpires would be allowed to be so poor and retained week after week. By and far the worst umpire I’ve ever seen at AFL level.

Again in the early stages of this game at Docklands she is showing how putrid she is. Just no feel of the game and constantly misses frees or pays the wrong one. Just get rid of her and end this nonsense or stick her in the NEAFL where all incompetent umpires exist.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure you can play the "it's not about her being female" card while simultaneously calling it "the experiment with this female umpire" and claiming it's obvious she is "only given games because of her gender".

Surely this experiment with this female umpire must come to an end. It’s not about her being female, it’s about her utter incompetence to officiate at this level and it’s obvious she’s only given games because of her gender because no male umpires would be allowed to be so poor and retained week after week. By and far the worst umpire I’ve ever seen at AFL level.

Again in the early stages of this game at Docklands she is showing how putrid she is. Just no feel of the game and constantly misses frees or pays the wrong one. Just get rid of her and end this nonsense or stick her in the NEAFL where all incompetent umpires exist.

It's hard to make a judgement on because really the only reason we can associate the poor decisions with a single umpire is because of her gender.

We don't notice the good decisions.

In general, the umpiring isn't great at the moment. I think mostly because the extent of the rule changes have made it just about an impossible job.

I reckon we might as well exclusively employ female, black, disabled lesbian whales to officiate the game. It wouldn't make any difference to the officiating and then us white straight people would have something satisfying to complain about.

If you think the umpiring is bad what would you say about these two teams? Absolutely putrid especially St Kilda. Rattens honeymoon is over. I think the Saints have got the second worst list in the comp. Jack Steven has barely played all season and still stands out above the rest.

If you think the umpiring is bad what would you say about these two teams? Absolutely putrid especially St Kilda. Rattens honeymoon is over. I think the Saints have got the second worst list in the comp. Jack Steven has barely played all season and still stands out above the rest.

I reckon the Lions would be contacting Steven's management daily. Even if he's determined to go to the Cats. He is exactly what we need.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back