Non-Lions discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

From what I can glean regarding theories from a number of places regarding Oliver:

A sleepwalking injury
B copious alcohol which made him fall over
C seizure (current clubhouse favourite)
D just a regular falling down
E The Sinaloa cartel’s finest
F a combination of B and E above
G a medical issue that shall be undefined.
My thoughts were a combo of B and E along with an anger outburst which he decided to take out on his own head.

Combination of B&E, thought Max Gawn was a piranha, decided it needed to be wrestled into submission, during said wrestle (won by said piranha), Clayton hits head on edge of coffee table. Blood everywhere. Not complicated at all.

Imo white pony has a place in society but not for athletes.

He’s troubled big time. Best he steps away from footy indefinitely.

Starting to look at bit like Ben Cousins West Coast 2005-06-07.

Got one premiership, club and leaders trying to cover up for all the issues of their star player. Oliver still has a chance to put it back together while Cousins completely went off the rails.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North have five first round picks this year! If they don’t pull themselves out of the mire with those, they never will.
And they’re most likely to draft more mids and flankers, like they’ve done the previous 5 years.

It’s going to take most of the kids North draft this year, 5 or 6 years to become competent, consistent AFL players.

The same goes for the kids North has drafted the last 4 years.

They have more than enough young, talented players.

What they don’t have is the dozen or so quality senior, experienced players to put around them.

Wait a few years after that, and, if they continue to truly suck, the AFL might give them an end of first round priority pick to fix it up for them!
They just got three times the benefit we did. :(

I did enjoy Demetriou's advice for us when the go home five happened in that we should try and win more games and that would solve the problem. Very helpful.

I did enjoy Demetriou's advice for us when the go home five happened in that we should try and win more games and that would solve the problem. Very helpful.

Wasn’t wrong as it turns out. We just had to fix our culcha

The advice we kept getting on 'fix yur kultcha' turned out to be pretty good 'though!

[snap Brab while typing]

Well he didn't say to fix the culture, just to win more games. Must have got that culture advice from someone else.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back