Preview Changes v Norf

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting observation janus, your right about hinkley, he moves on for a while and really makes a player earn his spot back. Tough love
Haha. Yeah like all those times players have been returned to the team after sitting out an SANFL bye and not even playing at the lower level.

It is very hard to take you seriously when you just blindly tow the party line without EVER showing any sign of analysis, or insight or questioning.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Get them in: Hard side to get into after the Power's 47-point win against Sydney last weekend. Willem Drew (38 disposals), Scott Lycett (30 disposals, 33 hitouts) and Steven Motlop (five goals) pushed their cases in the SANFL. Ryan Burton (hamstring) and Zak Butters (bruised sternum) should also be available.

Under the pump: The goals have dried up for Sam Gray, the small forward kicking four goals in his past four games. Cam Sutcliffe, Matthew Broadbent and Paddy Ryder could also be under pressure.

Medical room: Burton and Butters will be assessed. Burton hasn't played for a month.

Toyota WorkHorse Verdict: Two changes – Butters and Motlop for Sam Gray and Sutcliffe. – Lee Gaskin

Why would Broady be under pressure, he has been magnificent and I was one that wrote him off

SPP has been really good in the last month. Not a hope in hell of being dropped.
If Boak, Wines, SPP and Rockliff is one too many inside mid's, then on form this year it's Wines to be dropped. Our esteemed leader would rather drop a player in better form or play an unbalanced side then drop a (Co-)Captain though. :mad:

That would be ******* ABSURD!
I still consider the rest of this year an early start on 2020, so finals or not doesn't bother me. My worry is Ken would either drop a tall or drop SPP (instead of Wines) in order to fit him in. If he gets a game instead of Spray, Wines, Bonner or Sutcliffe I wouldn't complain.

I still consider the rest of this year an early start on 2020, so finals or not doesn't bother me. My worry is Ken would either drop a tall or drop SPP (instead of Wines) in order to fit him in. If he gets a game instead of Spray, Wines, Bonner or Sutcliffe I wouldn't complain.

read my previous posts re decision making

This is one for RossFC - would you consider Woodcock to be fast inside 50? Would he be a quicker Sam Gray?
He'd be faster than Sam Gray, bobs up with goals up forward out of nowhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It can’t come true unless he’s in the team :)

Oh, and Motlop is no chance. If you look through what happens every year, Hinkley gives a player two chances to perform. The first time they are dropped, they are still in the frame for selection because s**t happens - it could be loss of form or whatever. The second time...they aren’t seen again for the year.

Basically the same as the SANFL Grand Final last year where he kicked 3 and Rozee was in the same team at North Adelaide? The two have been playing together since Under 13s and like winning Flags for Fun

Premiership player Daniel Venables?

He's been cotton wooled by them because of concussion issues after a brutal mid air collision.

Well that certainly tells the full story without leaving anything out.

Basically the same as the SANFL Grand Final last year where he kicked 3 and Rozee was in the same team at North Adelaide? The two have been playing together since Under 13s and like winning Flags for Fun
Haves been told by someone who's son played with them that Boyd was always the stand out and was rapt when we picked the 2 boys up.

Premiership player Daniel Venables?

He's been cotton wooled by them because of concussion issues after a brutal mid air collision.

Venables is statistically tracking behind Jake Neade. Not to mention his 4 disposals and 0.0 in the GF. He was absolutely carried last year.

Last edited:
Doubt if Hinkley has had much to to with these good wins if the last 4 years behaviours are taken into account.

Far more likely he has been told to listen to his assistants.
Hahaha

Rockliff for Butters.

Our midfield is too slow with Boak, Rocky, Ollie and SPP in the team. Boaky got pushed more forward and went missing. Hes a game winner when hes not required to sit in that half forward role.

Rockliff is the slowest of the bunch and doesn't go in hard enough for me.
Boak was heavily tagged against Sydney effecting his output

Remove this Banner Ad

Back