Best premiership side out of Bulldogs 2016, Richmond 2017 and West Coast 2018

Which of these premiership sides is the best of the last 3 years?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I like it when people say that finals are different to the H&A season, the MCG is a neutral venue, their team would win anywhere etc.

Does anyone remember the WC narrative last year? In among all the masturbation over whether Collingwood, Melbourne or Hawthorn could topple the almighty Richmond there was plenty of 'Can they win away? Can they win in Melbourne? Can they win at the MCG?' followed by the predictable rectal shrinkage when it became evident that a top 2 finish and two Perth finals was on the cards. If teams are good enough to win anywhere why does panic set in if WC or Freo finish top 2?

Got a lot of time for Collingwood. Gave us a great QF last year which could have gone either way, and beat us over here in 2007 in ET. We rolled Hawthorn in 2015 but they had the stones to come back two weeks later and beat Freo, well played. Bulldogs beat us easily in 2016, well played. Haven't seen Richmond perform in finals anywhere other than the MCG so will wait and see how 2019 pans out. If Adelaide can cruise through finals at AO then go to water in the GF, what's to say Richmond won't go to water if they have to travel in finals? They have their own script to write though. Beat WC and Bris at home in the next two games and it's likely they won't have to travel.

Couldn’t even get over Collingwood at home, lol
And West Coast couldn't even beat Essendon at home, anyway Eagle supporters should be thanking Collingwood otherwise they would have never got near a flag and even at that could barely get over the line against a very average Collingwood side even then required a clear free kick not getting paid

And West Coast couldn't even beat Essendon at home, anyway Eagle supporters should be thanking Collingwood otherwise they would have never got near a flag and even at that could barely get over the line against a very average Collingwood side even then required a clear free kick not getting paid
You showed your true colours against the pies. Cox destroyed you and had the game won by quarter time, wasn’t even close. Collingwood were a better team than the tigers last season

How ******* dare you show soft support for the pies. Get off this board campaigner.

I doubt Richmond will get their first home final, Brisbane should beat Geelong up there this week and jump to the top, even if Richmond beat WC they'll be equal on points and below on %.
The tige's may well beat Brisbane next week too, but again, if WC beats the Hawks in Perth the Tige's will still be down on %.
The smokey is Geelong, do they need to win against Carlton in the final round to finish minor premiers and face a home final against the 4th placed Tigers at the G or do they lay down and finish 2nd resulting in a showdown with WC at the G/GMHBA and forcing the Tiges north to the Gabba.
I think it might playout that way.

You showed your true colours against the pies. Cox destroyed you and had the game won by quarter time, wasn’t even close. Collingwood were a better team than the tigers last season
As I said just be happy Collingwood fluked a win, gastro and Dusty having a sore knee is what won West Coast the flag nothing else

Huh, riled up, how is looking at facts and using logic getting riled up?

Mate you and a couple of others carrying on and on about how Richmond aren't the best Premiership side out of 3 isn't "facts" or "logic". Its like you're personally offended by other people's opinions on things. Do you understand that a BF poll is literally just what people think?

Mate you and a couple of others carrying on and on about how Richmond aren't the best Premiership side out of 3 isn't "facts" or "logic". Its like you're personally offended by other people's opinions on things. Do you understand that a BF poll is literally just what people think?

Lol, its a flawed poll because it allows an emotional response from supporters of said clubs, thats fact and logic, and to be fair, you sound more upset about the concept than me or anyone else.

Lol, its a flawed poll because it allows an emotional response from supporters of said clubs, thats fact and logic, and to be fair, you sound more upset about the concept than me or anyone else.

What concept? People like you claiming that their personal opinion on a subjective topic is "facts and logic"? I mean that's pretty idiotic but not particularly upsetting

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Right
The first 23 games of that season was just a blip, the one we lost was a true representation.

Right
The first 23 games of that season was just a blip, the one we lost was a true representation.
It wasn’t a blip. You proved that you still struggled away from the mcg and couldn’t get over Collingwood when they had a fit bench. There’s your representation

Last edited:
I like it when people say that finals are different to the H&A season, the MCG is a neutral venue, their team would win anywhere etc.

Does anyone remember the WC narrative last year? In among all the masturbation over whether Collingwood, Melbourne or Hawthorn could topple the almighty Richmond there was plenty of 'Can they win away? Can they win in Melbourne? Can they win at the MCG?' followed by the predictable rectal shrinkage when it became evident that a top 2 finish and two Perth finals was on the cards. If teams are good enough to win anywhere why does panic set in if WC or Freo finish top 2?

Got a lot of time for Collingwood. Gave us a great QF last year which could have gone either way, and beat us over here in 2007 in ET. We rolled Hawthorn in 2015 but they had the stones to come back two weeks later and beat Freo, well played. Bulldogs beat us easily in 2016, well played. Haven't seen Richmond perform in finals anywhere other than the MCG so will wait and see how 2019 pans out. If Adelaide can cruise through finals at AO then go to water in the GF, what's to say Richmond won't go to water if they have to travel in finals? They have their own script to write though. Beat WC and Bris at home in the next two games and it's likely they won't have to travel.

Yeah, it's almost as annoying as WCE fans acting like a flight over from Perth is a grueling journey that cripples teams, and that their team are all unparalleled heroes for overcoming it.

Yeah, it's almost as annoying as WCE fans acting like a flight over from Perth is a grueling journey that cripples teams, and that their team are all unparalleled heroes for overcoming it.

If a flight to/from Perth isn't gruelling then why do we have a 70% home winning record over 3 decades? And why do Vic teams bleat about how hard it is coming over once or twice a year and the impact it has on recovery?

No the side that got lucky is the one that avoided playing the clear best side of 2018, West Coast 2018 is basically an inferior North Melbourne of 1999

Well West Coast couldn’t exactly play themselves could they?

I think this narrative gets overplayed a fair bit to be honest. A media narrative yes but the sentiment was about 50/50 outside of the usual shock-jock journalists/pundits.
The sentiment on here (from memory) was about 50-50 if memory serves. Probably about right given the close QF. I’d be surprised if more than 1/4 Collingwood supporters had us as genuine favourites going into the game given the 2-0 record to the Eagles throughout the year. Our unfortunate GF record tends to have that effect; excitement mixed with ingrained pessimism.

I think this narrative gets overplayed a fair bit to be honest. A media narrative yes but the sentiment was about 50/50 outside of the usual shock-jock journalists/pundits.
The sentiment on here (from memory) was about 50-50 if memory serves. Probably about right given the close QF. I’d be surprised if more than 1/4 Collingwood supporters had us as genuine favourites going into the game given the 2-0 record to the Eagles throughout the year. Our unfortunate GF record tends to have that effect; excitement mixed with ingrained pessimism.

I'm talking over a period, not just the GF week. Collingwood were the bookies' favourites for the GF but not by a lot. Anyone who thought the GF would be one sided obviously doesn't watch much footy. Over the course of the QF/PF double Collingwood can consider themselves unlucky to be 0/2, played well in both. Before Collingwood knocked off Richmond the narrative was whether the Melbourne fairytale would continue and how much Richmond would beat them or WC by the next week.

We were a mung floater from McGovern and 1% away from finishing 3rd last year. 2011 was the last time we finished 3rd or 4th and we were legitimately no chance because 3rd were better and the top 2 were much better still but had we finished outside the top 2 last year the meeja would've given us no chance. It's just lazy journalism. Top 2 = OMG two home finals guaranteed GF spot. 3rd to 8th = whatever, can't win in Melbourne etc.

1 - 4 outside Victoria in 2018

Finishing 3rd

Getting belted by Collingwood in a prelim

Them’s the facts

How much more evidence do you need?
I can list stuff too

Won the equal most games of all clubs - 19

Best winning percentage overall for the season

Longest ever winning streak at the MCG - even longer than the Dees could manage in arguably the most dominant era ever seen

Back