West Coast are the only non VIC club to win a premiership without concessions

Remove this Banner Ad

So port Adelaide should take the North Melbourne path of 2020-23?

Win 12 games in 4 seasons?

Not at all. I despise such an idea.

I’m just not sure what the post had to do with mine.

Hinkley is neither here nor there to me, I think he’s done a decent job.

I’m sick of reading about people complaining over this club getting this concession or this club getting that concession when the entire recruitment basis for the competition itself is the national draft: a concept built around rewarding ineptitude.

I’m sick of reading about people complaining over this club getting this concession or this club getting that concession when the entire recruitment basis for the competition itself is the national draft: a concept built around rewarding ineptitude.
A national draft that's compromised.

Since 07 there has been two non vic clubs win flags. Swans by 10 points and WC by 5 points. In that time there have been some absolute beltings of non Vic sides. In 92 and 94 WC beat a non MCG tenant team. 1998 was a great Adelaide victory however North Melbourne kicked horribly.

There is no doubt that it is so unfairly skewed to Victorian sides. I vividly remember Andrew Mackie being asked who he was tipping to win the 2018 GF, his response ‘Collingwood, because it’s here!’ Did they win? No. But even the players know how much of an advantage it is.

Asterisk next to the majority of Victorian club flags of the last 15 years.

Once the finals arrangement at the MCG was fixed, there hasn't been a single barrier stopping interstate sides from winning premierships outside their own onfield quality, and that quality is determined by the coaches and players. Nothing but first world whinging from places unable to realise that hitching a ride onto the biggest sinking ship in the mid-80's with everyone pitching in to bail out the water saved all of them. Aside from Brisbane this year and Sydney in 2016, all of the GF interstate losers since Port have played like s**t on the big day immediately after seasons where they dominated Victorians and everyone else at home and away. West Coast were given the WAFL and developed a team which played three GF's for two flags, and a platform once those restrictions were removed to dominate the 1990's. Every team has had concessions, and every flag winner has had some card in the deck that worked for them. That's the entire point of equalisation strategies, it's naivity and/or chest beating wank to suggest otherwise, and at the end of the day all the clubs are here, all of them have made the PF this century (2 each plus if you add 1999) aside from one expansion straggler, and all of the WA and SA clubs are intact. India's whinging and then chest beating because they won some T20's after losing the WC has made us all laugh, but this is our AFL equivalent...
Finals arrangement hasn’t been fixed. GF is still locked into the G.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port fans would be more than happy to go down that path if it meant getting rid of Koch, Hinkley, Richardson, Davies and Cardone.

Finals arrangement hasn’t been fixed. GF is still locked into the G.
That's the only match that doesn't follow a strong top team home advantage rule. Bearing in mind this thread is about concessions influencing the naming of a premier, show me where that's influenced the result of this single game...? Like I said, nothing is stopping interstaters from winning an AFL flag except their own quality - the results prove it....

Maybe the Tasmanian who hates every mainlander equally regardless of location is one of the few here who can see that. It's ok, I'll be as blind as you after 2027...

Swans and Lions have won nothing since having cola and retention allowance removed.
Crows and Port have won nothing since having to build lists without start up concessions.
Dockers, Suns and Giants haven't won a thing despite the start up concessions they received.

Honestly with the way things are going, the next non VIC club to win a flag will probably be Tasmania off the back of their start up concessions.
The AFL used Fremantle as a blueprint on how not to start up a new team.

Zone selections and pre-draft selections.
Fremantle's initial squad of 50 players was compiled from a mixture of uncontracted players from other AFL clubs (maximum of 12 over two years), players who had previously nominated for the AFL draft but not been selected (unlimited from the WAFL, two each from the SANFL, VFL and TFL), up to ten delisted AFL players, trades with any other AFL club, unlimited selections from their four "aligned" WAFL clubs and selections 1, 4 and then the first two selections in each round of the 1994 AFL draft.[7]

Source Wiki. I can’t remember back that far but it was hardly access to the cream of the crop!

The entire competition is predicated on the idea that you be s**t, and get rewarded for it.

Be even shitter, you put your hand out and get rewarded more.

Anyone whinging about minor or differing concessions when the basis of the biggest influx of talent into the player pool each year is built on getting rewarded more for being worse has a poor case IMO.

Well you are fortunate in the last 30 years that Geelong hasnt been dire. I am talking about Swans 1992-4 dire as in 8 wins in 3 seasons or Fitzroy 1995-6 bad or Port 2011-12 bad or North Melbourne 2020-23 bad.

Well you are fortunate in the last 30 years that Geelong hasnt been dire. I am talking about Swans 1992-4 dire as in 8 wins in 3 seasons or Fitzroy 1995-6 bad or Port 2011-12 bad or North Melbourne 2020-23 bad.

I wonder if he’s going to start complaining when it’s Geelongs turn to be s**t again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back