Banter Dom Sheed appreciation thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thinkin bout Dom....

dbc29f128dcba70b00e2de0c39f0a30e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone should tell the Pies board about this thread so they know what appreciation us Tiges fans are capable of showing for oppo teams and their players.

With what I've now been hearing that Dusty is in doubt for Sunday, how will Richmond curtail West Coast's midfield? Outside of those two I can't think of any midfielders who could really compete.

You’re starting to sound like Tom Browne (it’s the biggest insult I could think of).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did anyone notice the bench

yes the bench did it escape anyone's notice.

That is right the bench is firmly planted on the MCG

Our fortress MCG, which will be cold wet and possibly a very wild environment, well at least in the stands.

The Westcoke druggies may be flying high on their dry billiard table top they play out on the edge of the western desert.

But this is Victoria, and we are the boys from the MCG.

It is going to be hard cold Victorian style football, they are clueless to this type of game.

No matter how many psychology games they will employ to make the Westcoke players forget about the above each and every Westcoker player deep down

know they faded badly against Adelaide at home last week and this Sunday they cannot rely to the customary degree of help from the umpires like they are use to.

No matter how many head games they play and they will be playing them, the Westcoker Druggies deep down know they are going to be put to the sword.

eat em alive tigers

View attachment 727983
Mate you're absolutely right. This is in Victoria, your fortress and you are the boys from the MCG.
What a luxury to be able to play the grand final at home!
What hard, cold, Victorian style football are you talking about? The one that enabled you to win one solitary flag in nearly 40 years of football?
The Westcoast players should be shaking in their boots if thats the case?
You know there's something that you'll never get to experience in your life time and I say this with all seriousness.
The ability to win a flag in hostile enemy territory! Even if you win a grand final it's never going to be equal in merit to a grand final that Westcoast win at the G for the simple fact that it's your home ground in front of mostly the Victorian team's supporters except of course if we happen to play another interstate team.
Could you imagine if Westcoast had that advantage and you had to play us at Optus to be the premiers?
So hypothetically even if you win you will not experience the same joy and satisfaction that we experience to overcome the odds against a hostile crowd.
It makes the victory that much sweeter.

Mate you're absolutely right. This is in Victoria, your fortress and you are the boys from the MCG.
What hard, cold, Victorian style football are you talking about? The one that enabled you to win one solitary flag in nearly 40 years of football?
You know there's something that you'll never get to experience in your life time and I say this with all seriousness.
The ability to win a flag in hostile enemy territory! Even if you win a grand final it's never going to be equal in merit to a grand final that Westcoast win at the G for the simple fact that it's your home ground in front of mostly the Victorian team's supporters except of course if we happen to play another interstate team.
Could you imagine if Westcoast had that advantage and you had to play us at Optus to be the premiers?
So hypothetically even if you win you will not experience the same joy and satisfaction that we experience to overcome the odds against a hostile crowd.
Never going to happen knackers.

I had to double check if this was the main board but no it's the Richmond board. You do realise that we have won 6 flags in 50 years, 3rd most in that time behind hawks and blues. You make a contender for nuffie of the week seriously winning the flag in my own state (Vic) with all my fellow supporters nothing will ever surpass that. LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO what the heck did i just read>> "Even if you win a grand final it's never going to be equal in merit to a grand final that Westcoast win at the G". Richmond have rich history something you will never understand and truly appreciate as you know the eagles being a plastic club like GC, GWS etc and lets face it you could never feel the same way about winning the ultimate that i say with all seriousness.

Wasnt wise to come on here and insult us, show some bloody respect on our board.

Last edited:
I’m not going bag your team, it’s not my style.
And I’m not hiding, we suffered, we were hurt, we were broken, we were broke, we were a laughing stock and we were a shambles of a club, all that pain, all that anguish, all that emotion finally turned to jubilation and when the MCG is full and the tigers are up and about it’s one of the most thrilling and atmospheric sights in sport. No other team in Australia has that roar, no one, it’s something you will never experience.

Go home

I had to double check if this was the main board but no it's the Richmond board. You do realise that we have won 6 flags in 50 years, 3rd most in that time behind hawks and blues. You make a contender for nuffie of the week seriously winning the flag in my own state (Vic) with all my fellow supporters nothing will ever surpass that. LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO what the heck did i just read>> "Even if you win a grand final it's never going to be equal in merit to a grand final that Westcoast win at the G"

Now think about this all GF's are played at the G, so wash your mouth out and show some bloody respect on our board.
"You do realise that we have won 6 flags in 50 years, 3rd most in that time behind hawks and blues."

☝️Are you talking about the bygone era before the VFL became a national competition?
How many of those 6 flags did you get to experience?

"Now think about this all GF's are played at the G, so wash your mouth out and show some bloody respect on our board."

☝️Just as a disclaimer I do indeed have respect for your team and I'm sure you guys are not that soft that you can't handle a bit of pre match banter and yes I do know that the grand final is played at the G because Westcoast won the flag there 4 times in my lifetime.

"You do realise that we have won 6 flags in 50 years, 3rd most in that time behind hawks and blues."

☝Are you talking about the bygone era before the VFL became a national competition?
How many of those 6 flags did you get to experience?

"Now think about this all GF's are played at the G, so wash your mouth out and show some bloody respect on our board."

☝Just as a disclaimer I do indeed have respect for your team and I'm sure you guys are not that soft that you can't handle a bit of pre match banter and yes I do know that the grand final is played at the G because Westcoast won the flag there 4 times in my lifetime.

Lol its the same competition with a name change (you know expansion) like companies that go for a broader reach.
Hence why all history is preserved including all club achievements.

No problem with banter as its light hearted and having a laugh yours wasn't surely you know the difference.

Last edited:

The only word in your post that I noticed.

What puzzles me is why Weagles supporters are avoiding talking about Dom Sheed in the Dom Sheed Appreciation Thread.

I couldn't imagine Richmond fans ignoring (say) Kevin Bartlett's effort in the 1980 grand final and instead talking about our "opponents" in that game. Or ignoring Dusty's efforts in the 2017 flag in preference for banging on about the Crows.

Yet all Weagles fans seem to want to talk about is Richmond as thought they need to prove to themselves how much better they are than us.

Is it their justified sense of inferiority? To Richmond AND to Collingwood?

I mean, they obviously feel the need to talk up their chances and prepare their excuses for the inevitable loss this weekend.

But why ignore Dom Sheed's efforts in their 2018 flag? Do they secretly harbour the sense that Collingwood deserved that 2018 flag and that Dom Sheed should be shunned for denying the better team their just reward? Fair enough feeling you fluked a flag you didn't deserve, but why not at least just celebrate the delight of a Collingwood GF loss?

I commend their sense of our team's relative abilities -- it's not like the Weagles have any players worth mentioning other than Dom Sheed -- but that just makes it all the more puzzling. Why all this deflection? Why no Dom Sheed love from the Weagles supporters?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back