Votes: 24 30.0%
  • West Coast < 30

Votes: 35 43.8%
  • West Coast by 30+

Votes: 10 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouldnt worry about his agility, I'd be more concerned how he goes to water under pressure and the resultant terrible mistakes he makes. He had a shocker yesterday
He has proven he can perform under pressure. Was just a bad game from him it happens,

Was very suprised we didnt play Schofield though.

I personally think Richmond deserved the win and look forward to the rematch. You are just making it sound like a shellacking, which it wasn't. Best of luck for the finals.
I didn't imply anything like that and made no reference to margin, just spoke about some key differences in player performances that in a close game were very significant.

I rate the Eagles very highly. I think at worst they make the PF and at best obviously they can win the flag.

After yesterday Barrass nickname should be Em, what a shocker of a game. Next time we meet he will be targeted big time.

Tiggers fans have quickly returned to their arrogant best which is great.

Well done, you won by a kick in the wet and the Eagles played a shocker with Simo coaching with his hands in his pockets without playing any trick cards.

If we meet again I look forward to reading the salty tears from your mob on another wasted season. It will be epic. Martin will be tagged, the Eagles won't allow a spare in defense and hopefully it does rain not that that was the difference the Eagles style is more potent in dry conditions.

Don't get too cocky. Actually naah stay cocky.

Lot of if buts maybes after a game decided by a kick from supporters of a team that were on the other side of a similar outcome in the GF last year. Are Eagle fans implying they were undeserved premiers last year?

How bout you grow up and accept Tiges deserved the win on Sunday and move on? Or should we put you in the same bucket as Pies supporters still whinging about Maynard's non free? Maybe start a gofundme page for a legal challenge?

Its ok to lose, but its pathetic to be sore losers. Have some respect for yourselves.

Lot of if buts maybes after a game decided by a kick from supporters of a team that were on the other side of a similar outcome in the GF last year. Are Eagle fans implying they were undeserved premiers last year?

How bout you grow up and accept Tiges deserved the win on Sunday and move on? Or should we put you in the same bucket as Pies supporters still whinging about Maynard's non free? Maybe start a gofundme page for a legal challenge?

Its ok to lose, but its pathetic to be sore losers. Have some respect for yourselves.
We were better on the day, it might be different next time it might not.

Everyone probably would have moved on if there wasn't this whole wet weather/umpire excuses flying around.

I look forward to claiming we only lost next time because it was 28C and too sweaty for us.

The wet actually helped the Eagles,made it into a slog when we dominated in the 2nd in the dry.

Our goal kicking hindered us,very easy shots too.
Both sides struggled in the wet, it was 12 minutes in when Barrass kicked it straight back to Lambert for the quarters first goal.
Tiges didn't dominate in the wet lije the Eagles are suggesting.

Nick Reiwoldt summed it up perfectly. The Eagles gave it their best shot in the first quarter and landed a big punch, but the Tigers absorbed the blow and went on to grind them down and win the game.

Played average/s**t for a good chunk of the game and only lost by a kick to the '17 Premiers on their own track.

Confident the boys can go deep when it matters.

Was thinking about this

Easiest way to even up the travel

AND give vic teams the real home game advantage that seems very important to most of you:

Then i got to thinking - theres ten vic clubs and 8 interstate clubs.

Easy maths says if the vic clubs have to play the interstate clubs home and away every year thats 8 flights for them every year - 8 guaranteed hga games for them - then play the remaining nine games against each other alternating h and away yearly - brings the season to 25 games.

Boom - you guys travel 8 times a year vs us travelling 10 - you guys get 8 games with genuine hga per year vs us with 10

Thoughts?

Why do we need to even up the travel ?

Do not forget we are allowing you to play in our league

If it is too hard for you, stay home

This is why a Grand Final rematch is so salivating, especially on a dry deck. West Coast played like absolute dogs bollocks all over the ground yesterday and only lost by a kick - how much of that was down to Richmond/ weather and how much of that was the team being off? Would love to see two fully fit sides going at it to find out the answer.

sounds like you had a moral victory.

Congratulations

Where were our opposition from though? I don't know why the idea of a neutral game is so hard to understand for some people.
If Sydney plays a scratch match between two randomly selected teams from their list at the SCG, does 1 team hold a competitive advantage?

Instead of you or any other Richmond fan admitting that the 7 games in a row at the one venue at any time of the season, let alone at the tail end, is extremely advantageous to the Tigers, you deflect with dumb presuppositions. It has to be the most advantageous schedule going into a final series for any club in the whole damn history of the game. We're not talking just about playing 7 games in Melbourne.....they're playing every game for 2 months before finals at the one ground. Furthermore, Richmond finish the season with 3 Sunday matches in a row, Rd 19 was a friday night and Rd 20 was Saturday. They'll have 5 straight game weeks of 7-8 day turnarounds. How good is this prep!

Richmond are in the box seat and should be favourites to win the premiership, even if they are 'ranked' 4th at the end of the regular season.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why do we need to even up the travel ?

Do not forget we are allowing you to play in our league

If it is too hard for you, stay home
Mmmmmmm
Instead of all those words you could have just posted “im a little bit thick and have problems understanding concepts such as suburban league sports becoming australia wide contests so i say mindnumbingly banal things on internet forums”

Everyone reading your post would be able to come to that exact conclusion a few seconds earlier than if they read your incoherent illogical ranting.

Last edited:
Instead of you or any other Richmond fan admitting that the 7 games in a row at the one venue at any time of the season, let alone at the tail end, is extremely advantageous to the Tigers, you deflect with dumb presuppositions. It has to be the most advantageous schedule going into a final series for any club in the whole damn history of the game. We're not talking just about playing 7 games in Melbourne.....they're playing every game for 2 months before finals at the one ground - the finals ground. Furthermore, Richmond finish the season with 3 Sunday matches in a row, Rd 19 was a friday night and Rd 20 was Saturday. They'll have 5 straight weeks of 7-8 day turnarounds. How good is this prep!

Richmond are in the box seat and should be favourites to win the premiership, even if they are 'ranked' 4th at the end of the regular season.
Nice melt
Here ya go - I’m not going to deny that this has been the nicest part of our fixture. But stop trying to say that because a section of our fixture has been to our advantage, we are getting some kind of overall advantage for the year. It’s like me pointing at GWS’s last game against GC and bemoaning the fact that they get such an easy last game, while we have to face top of the table Brisbane.
Prior to this run of games at the G, we player 15 games. 6 of these were at the MCG. 4 at Docklands. 5 interstate. We hosted 1 interstate opposition, at Docklands. Between R9 and 19, we received the following breaks between games
* 6 days
* 6 days
* 7 days
* 6 days
BYE
* 6 days
* 8 days
* 6 days
* 6 days
“Advantageous”

Now I will concede we get a slight advantage in playing the first game of the year, and this year finishing on a Sunday. That equates to a full 5 extra days or 0.25 days per round over Essendon, who cop the worst. I get it - huge advantage.

As for the grounds - well, see below. I’ll classify games into half and full home and away, and neutral
NEUTRAL: Carlton x 2, Collingwood x 2, Melbourne x 2, Essendon, Hawthorn
HALF HOME: Geelong
FULL HOME: Sydney, GWS, Port, West Coast, Brisbane
FULL AWAY: Port, GWS, Fremantle, Adelaide, Gold Coast
HALF AWAY: North, Bulldogs, St Kilda

For our non-Victorian friends let me explain a neutral venue, this seems to be the concept they struggle to grasp most. When neither you nor your opponent has an advantage over the other - it’s neutral. An example of this for Sydney would be a game against GWS at ANZ stadium. Half home and half away means neither side has to travel, but one team is playing on their home ground - a slight advantage, half is probably a bit too much to be fair but that’s much of a muchness. An example would be Sydney facing GWS at Giants Stadium, or the SCG.

Now that’s out of the way, it can be seen that we get 8 neutral games, 1 half home compared to 3 half away (you guessed it - our disadvantage), and 5 full homes to go with 5 full aways.
And before you go saying “Essendon and Carlton aren’t really completely neutral” - I recognise that, however I ask that you recognise the cats at the G are a little closer to neutral, and the swans at Etihad is closer to half home. It’s a rough guide.

Overall, we get about a bees dick of advantage out of breaks, and a bees dick of disadvantage out of venues.

Our last 7 weeks do play to our advantage. Our first 15 paid for that.

8 games at ANZ against GWS
2 games at SCG against GWS
2 games at GS against GWS
4 games against interstate opposition at SCG
1 game against interstate opposition at ANZ
5 games travelling

Keep up the arrogance Tigers fans...Keep it up.

It's what made that Pies flogging all the more enjoyable last finals.

You know you are being total dicks when non Collingwood supporters are cheering the Pies on to beat you.

Think about that for a second or two. You are turning / driving honest footy supporters into Collingwood supporters.

Calling out arrogance isn't being a sore loser.......especially when you are reigning premiers.🙂

You know you are being total dicks when non Collingwood supporters are cheering the Pies on to beat you.

Think about that for a second or two. You are turning / driving honest footy supporters into Collingwood supporters.

Calling out arrogance isn't being a sore loser.......especially when you are reigning premiers.🙂
Oh, there's nothing arrogant about that statement, is there!

Its not arrogance, its confidence

Played average/s**t for a good chunk of the game and only lost by a kick to the '17 Premiers on their own track.

Confident the boys can go deep when it matters.
I can see where your line of thought is coming from but we can definatley improve from our performance on the weekend as well.

Losing this isnt the end of the world. We lost by a kick at the G against the best team in the comp currently. With fire in the belly and NN potentially back, I'd be secretly confident winning the next encounter.

Petrified of playing the Eagles over there though,I think we got 1 free kick in the whole second half,the last time we played there after kicking the first goal to make it a 12 point game.

lol the scoreboard flattered you that day...absolutely smashed in every department

Back