Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 22 - Hawks v Dogs Sun Aug 13th 1:10pm EST (TAS)

Who will win and by how much?

• Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 21 44.7%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 10 21.3%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawthorn-vs-Bulldogs.png

16th v 6th

AFL 2023 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 22
HAWTHORN V WESTERN BULLDOGS
SUNDAY AUGUST 13TH 1:10PM EST (UNIVERSITY OF TASMANIA)

Live scores on BigFooty during the match.

TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY

CLICK HERE :arrowright: TIP IN BIGFOOTY TIPPING
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place

:arrowright: Best score each round wins a Premium Platinum memberships!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

Teams
HAWKS

B: J. Sicily - C, J. Scrimshaw, J. Blanck
HB: H. Morrison, J. Impey, B. Hardwick
C: J. Weddle, J. Worpel, F. Maginness
HF: C. Wingard, L. Breust, C. Nash
F: D. Moore, M. Lewis, C. Macdonald
FOLL: N. Reeves, J. Newcombe, W. Day

I/C (FROM): N. Long, B. Macdonald, B. Ryan, K. Amon, J. Koschitzke, J. Ward, J. Serong, S. Mitchell

IN: J. Serong, N. Long, B. Macdonald, K. Amon
OUT: C. Mackenzie (Sub)

BULLDOGS
B: A. Keath, L. Jones, T. Duryea
HB: B. Dale, J. O’Donnell, E. Richards
C: C. Poulter, M. Bontempelli - C, B. Williams
HF: C. Weightman, A. Naughton, B. Smith
F: R. Lobb, J. Ugle-Hagan, R. West
FOLL: T. English, A. Treloar, T. Liberatore

I/C (FROM): A. Jones, J. Macrae, C. Daniel, L. Vandermeer, O. Baker, B. Khamis, L. Cleary, J. Sweet

IN: A. Keath, O. Baker, B. Khamis, L. Cleary, J. Sweet
OUT: A. Scott (Injured), J. Johannisen (Injured)

:arrowdown: Links to the Club Board tipping comps :arrowdown:

Last edited:
Shame this is in Tassie, really. Both teams were brilliant on the weekend and if both are at their best it could be a pulsating contest. Could easily get 40 000+ at the MCG if the sun was shining.

Will we Tag Bont with FM?

My guess is not, in that our midfield would back themselves the way they are travelling.

Could ironically end up dropping Finn if Sam doesnt want to do a hard tag.

Will we Tag Bont with FM?

My guess is not, in that our midfield would back themselves the way they are travelling.

Could ironically end up dropping Finn if Sam doesnt want to do a hard tag.
Nash did a good job head to head on Bont last time, i'd assume you guys go with the same again.

If the dogs to not beat hawks do not deserve to play finals.
Hawks are playing good football right now, if a bit inconsistent as young teams often are.
If we can nullify Sicily, we can win.

Interestingly at the start of the season when each AFL captain named a player to steal from any other club, Bont named Sicily as the player he'd want.

Having a defensive forward on Sicily would be ideal, but who? Naughton would be the only one that could run with him but can't see Bevo pulling the trigger on it as Naughton is too valuable playing his own game.

Will be interesting to see how hard a tag the Hawks put on Bont. Libba has been in career best form and will require just as much attention.

As mentioned, if the Bulldogs can't get this done there isn't much hope of doing a lot in finals, should we qualify. Hoping we've turned the corner and can find some consistency with the fast ball movement from the back half that allowed us to run over the Tigers last Friday. Jones, JJ and Richards make us a completely different team.

Dogs to make mince meat out of the the other dogs hawks and win it by 23 points.

Dogs to win

Like most young sides, the Hawks biggest issue now is turning up two weeks in a row.

Stay within 4 goals and I think we’ll have shown that we’re starting to minimize the fluctuations in our output.

A win would come on the back of the confidence derived from last week.

Anything more than a 4 goal margin and Mitchell will most likely be talking in the post match about how we’ve still got a gap to close between our best and our worst.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nash did a good job head to head on Bont last time, i'd assume you guys go with the same again.
Finn usually goes to an outside player. Dale or Daniel would be my guess

If the dogs co not beat hawks do not deserve to play finals.
hawks also hold Dogs 2nd and 3rd round pick. More incentive for us to chalk up the win.

Not to mention Worpedo's 100th game.

What are your finals chances if Dogs can't sneak a win?

The Hawks are young and inconsistent, but so are the Dogs, being as the game is in Tassie, my map is pointing to a Hawks win by 10 points!
They could ?
If they do 4 quarters again, and hit their targets, I watched the Doggies take Richmond to the cleaners and they looked spectacular and kept going, Hawthorn are young with some players reaching reasonable game numbers, I think that Brandon Ryan gives us something we've needed for a while a mobile fair sized bloke , who can assist both ends but up front eases things for Lewis and Kochitzke I hope is not a bench sitter, or should I say I hope he is the on the interchange bench pick at least, not an emergency, I think he is worth perseverance, I like seeing him on the ground.

I got no idea who will win, but if Dogs put on their best they are very hard,and skilful, its in Tasmania , thats a little advantage but very little.
The dogs are somewhat inconsistent at times. So 16th might be able to play two goodies in a row.

Like most young sides, the Hawks biggest issue now is turning up two weeks in a row.

Stay within 4 goals and I think we’ll have shown that we’re starting to minimize the fluctuations in our output.

A win would come on the back of the confidence derived from last week.

Anything more than a 4 goal margin and Mitchell will most likely be talking in the post match about how we’ve still got a gap to close between our best and our worst.
We do have a gap between our best and worst, but when the best is reached they are as we saw last week. Consistency and thats what they are learning, I haven't a clue how they'll turn up in Tassie, but weall know what they are capable enough, the point with that is, I think we are a little bit closer to the further up the ladder for 2024 than people give the team credit for. Patience from Sam but also a hand out of wrath after bruise free Saints game, they actually put 4 togehter. It was something special to watch .
I think we are closer to the eight next year than a lot of teams under the top 8 now today.

We are at the gate waiting to undo the lock may not quite have got it undone yet, but closer than most also rans? I think.
One commentator said last week that Hawthorn are the best 16th on theladder team he had ever seen?

hawks also hold Dogs 2nd and 3rd round pick. More incentive for us to chalk up the win.

Not to mention Worpedo's 100th game.

What are your finals chances if Dogs can't sneak a win?

Beat Eagles but Dogs can barely beat Geelong at Marvel too often let alone in Geelong so probably stuffed. One might argue though, Hawks would be doing us an indirect favour.

Back