Contenders and Pretenders 2019 ( edited - Page 32 current discussion ) Are Richmond now the team to beat?

Are Richmond the new Premiership Favourites?

• Yes. The Dominant team and rule at Fortress G - Too good!

Votes: 128 34.6%
  • No. Geelong will roll on once more

Votes: 17 4.6%
  • West Coast to go Back to Back

Votes: 105 28.4%
  • Collingwood will regroup and Redeem themselves

Votes: 38 10.3%
  • GWS will break through for their first flag

Votes: 6 1.6%
  • Brisbane will break the hearts of many

Votes: 59 15.9%
  • Essendon will emerge

Votes: 17 4.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Even if you finish 5th, you'll face an injury-ravaged Essendon on your home deck in week 1.
Travel back to the MCG to face either Collingwood or Geelong and as you say, will have Naitanui in the side. You guys seem to play the MCG very well so it's definitely yours for the taking.

It's a must win for Geelong.
If we fail to beat Collingwood, we likely go out in straight sets.

No I don't think so. Cats got back to form today - ok some will say it's only Carlton but the blose have been a tricky team. Cats will go in favourites whoever they play.

Eagles v Tigers GF can no longer happen. Mathematically.
Lions (2nd) and Tigers (3rd), means that Tigers v Eagles GF can happen.

Lions (1st) and WCE (4th), means that Tigers v Eagles GF can happen.

Tigers (2nd) and Lions (3rd), means that Tigers v Eagles GF can happen.

Edited: I was wrong, as JayJay_S mentions, it's possible in all 3 situations. :p

Last edited:
Eagles blew it last week but also when they lost at home by a point to the Pies. 1 win out of 5 games vs the top 4, very average going . Too much inconsistency and playing just 1-2 quarters of footy. Tonight was 2007 like where they made a mess of their last game.

Never great as defending champs.

Collingwood will win it. They'll beat Richmond in the Grand Final.

I had Cameron as the Coleman
Tim Kelly/Coniglio for the Brownlow
Collingwood for the flag.

Although TK isn't favourite anymore, I'll stick with him. And the Pies will win it all.

Lions (2nd) and Tigers (3rd), means that Tigers v Eagles GF cannot happen.

Lions (1st) and WCE (4th), means that Tigers v Eagles GF can happen. This is only possible if Eagles beat Lions at the GABBA and Tigers win EF > SF > Prelim.

Tigers (2nd) and Lions (3rd), means that Tigers v Eagles GF cannot happen.

Wrong. A Tigers v Eagles Grand Final is possible (but unlikely) in all 3 situations.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chris Scott already waiving the white flag here...

Surely someone at the club pulls his head in. Worst possible message to be sending your club a week before finals.

Are we confident we're that? We're hopeful. We've had a good preparation. We've given ourselves every chance. Now whether we can go and beat teams that play 15 games at the MCG every year, including probably 10 or 12 in a row, is yet to be seen

Last edited:
Wrong. A Tigers v Eagles Grand Final is possible (but unlikely) in all 3 situations.
Yep, you're right.

In my haste, I forgot to look at the unlikely scenarios. Technically the most likely scenario for it to happen IMO is Lions (1st) v WCE (4th) but it can happen in all scenarios as you said.

Brad Scott already waiving the white flag here...

Surely someone at the club pulls his head in. Worst possible message to be sending your club a week before finals.

Are we confident we're that? We're hopeful. We've had a good preparation. We've given ourselves every chance. Now whether we can go and beat teams that play 15 games at the MCG every year, including probably 10 or 12 in a row, is yet to be seen
Shit! he's take over has he?

Schofield was available simply terrible selections

Haven't even addressed the post. If you blame Simmo for selecting Barrass then you also have to give him kudos for selecting Barrass. Wouldn't have won the flag without him last year.

Simmo is the least of our concerns this year.

I just realised you are serious in asking a coach that won a flag last year to be sacked. We didn't even do a Melbourne either this year. Jesus.

It’s not.

Wrong. Could turn out like this with the bolded being winners for the circumstances that you stated are "not possible" of happening.

W1:
GEE v COLL
WCE vs ESS
GWS v WBD
BNE
v RICH

W2:
COLL v WCE
RICH
v WBD

W3:
GEE v RICH
BNE v WCE

GF:
Rich v WCE

Haven't even addressed the post. If you blame Simmo for selecting Barrass then you also have to give him kudos for selecting Barrass. Wouldn't have won the flag without him last year.

Simmo is the least of our concerns this year.
Last year he was in form. This year he was pathetic yet kept being picked

Yep, you're right.

In my haste, I forgot to look at the unlikely scenarios. Technically the most likely scenario for it to happen IMO is Lions (1st) v WCE (4th) but it can happen in all scenarios as you said.

Yeah. Anyone could still win.

Bulldogs a huge dark horse. Would not be surprised if they go over there and beat GWS if they make the 8.

Back