Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybe not.
Do you think the week 1 finals will go according to seedings?
Winners on that basis should be:-
Geelong
Brisbane
WCE
GWS
I reckon. Geelong, WC, Doggies. Toss of the coin in Brissy.
But they could all go the other way. Oh, maybe bombers can’t win?-
What do you think?

Poor tiger's will be exhausted by the time they land in Brisbane after spending the last 7 weeks at the G.
Would be great if someone sent step by step instructions for how to get from the MCG to the airport, just so they don't get lost or confused

Seeing as Brisbane finished above them I’m guessing never.

Apparently finishing above the other team isn't a criteria...if crowd size is the main criteria that denies Geelong a home final, then I assume the Gabba will fit the 75,000 that attended todays Lions/richmond game.....

Ahh...but no it wont...so the Tigers should complain vociferously about the venue they face given attendances are the AFL's criteria for deciding finals venues.

The consistency of the AFL's position is non-existent.

I wont even start on GWS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seeing as we beat Collingwood - in finals, and at the MCG - en route to premierships in 2007, 2009, and 2011, I’m not sure why it’s any kind of concern.

Oval with goalposts. Just win.

Exactly....I believe GMHBA Stadium meets that criteria.

Apparently finishing above the other team isn't a criteria...if crowd size is the main criteria that denies Geelong a home final, then I assume the Gabba will fit the 75,000 that attended todays Lions/richmond game.....

Ahh...but no it wont...so the Tigers should complain vociferously about the venue they face given attendances are the AFL's criteria for deciding finals venues.

The consistency of the AFL's position is non-existent.

I wont even start on GWS.
If i was the Dogs i would demand the game be at the SCG using Geelong precedence

Can’t remember too many bitching about it from 2007-2011. How we won three flags (against MCG tenants too) I’ll never know.

sure..I'm just enjoying pointing out the hypocrisy of the AFL and their vacuous reasons for denying a final at Geelong.

Of course now we will get the Friday night game making it harder for Geelong based people to get to the game.

Don't you just love it?

Can’t remember too many bitching about it from 2007-2011. How we won three flags (against MCG tenants too) I’ll never know.

I hate to be a stickler...... but only one of those GFs was against a tenant.
The difference between now and then is 1; we have a ground that should be seeing the first 2 weeks of finals, and 2; we were so much ahead of the competition during those years (outside 1 or 2 who could compete) it didn't matter where we played, we'd win.
I know the old adage is win anywhere against anyone, but if a home final is the difference between making a GF or bombing out against a tenant (and a 70/20 against crowd) then I know which I'd prefer...

sure..I'm just enjoying pointing out the hypocrisy of the AFL and their vacuous reasons for denying a final at Geelong.
This is my point exactly i just want the AFL to be consistent and admit they don't care about fairness
I am actually glad we get to play finals at the MCG just don't like double standards

The club are playing this 'home game' final issue well.

They know at the moment there is no hope of playing a big Victorian club at Geelong, BUT they are putting in the work now so that when the final stage of the ground is complete there would have been a couple of years of this subject being talked about already.

Thus the increased capacity will make it difficult for the AFL to fob the club off as by then the AFL would have had plenty of warning.

I reckon. Geelong, WC, Doggies. Toss of the coin in Brissy.
But they could all go the other way. Oh, maybe bombers can’t win?-
What do you think?
Honestly, as you say, each result could be reversed without saying the word upset.
Bombers in WA is a massive challenge, but I can imagine Woosha would love it.
Are WCE in trouble, or just confident of winning their home final?
I hope-
Cats
Lions
Ess
Dogs
Our game is very difficult to pick.
I really respect their multipronged small forwards, with De Goey and Stephenson back. Elliott has hit form, Mihocek is a gun, Thomas handy. Pendlebury is irrepressible, Grundy AA ruck, but Sidebottom and Moore are important outs if Moore is a def Hamstring.
Hoping Rohan can play VFL next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back