Game Day Geelong Cats v Collingwood, Finals Week 1 - 19:50 AEST, Sep 06, 2019 - No umpiring complaints during game.

Who will win?

• Geelong <10

Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Geelong 10+ to <30

Votes: 33 19.6%
  • Geelong by 30+

Votes: 17 10.1%
  • Collingwood <10

Votes: 19 11.3%
  • Collingwood 10+ to <30

Votes: 66 39.3%
  • Collingwood by 30+

Votes: 20 11.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

But don't they all have similar sized venue's in those codes. Just asking

The issue is 10 teams in Victoria and 3 stadiums. If Geelong were smart they should be treated like an interstate team and play all home games at KP and then have home finals at KP, but they won’t. Cannot complain if playing home games at the G.

NHL? NBA? Neither of these codes enforce teams playing their earned HGA away from home.

They don’t but I’m sure there are other inequalities. Don’t know anything about NHL. In NBA they have a soft cap which means the richer teams are able to spend more money than the rich teams, that’s not fair. Big markets have massive advantages over small markets which has been proven over decades. That’s not fair.

It’s life. You’ve got to deal with the cards you’re dealt with.

Dangerfield Finals Record for Geelong.

2W 5L

Honestly you can't blame him for the record, there's not much else he can do:

32 touches, 1 goal, 147 SC points
25 touches, 79 SC points (carrying an injury)
24 touches, 9 tackles, 2 goals, 3 points, 119 SC points
26 touches, 8 marks, 4 goals, 3 points, 135 SC points
31 touches, 5 marks, 5 tackles, 1 goal, 1 point, 101 SC points
39 touches, 5 marks, 5 tackles, 1 goal, 146 SC points
35 touches, 5 marks, 121 SC points

Hawks fans loving this by the look of it.
Congrats Magpies you'll be hard to stop now. Almost Premiership favourites from here I reckon as you'll be confident in beating anyone.
Bad luck Geelong, I do believe you'll bounce back and beat WC. You earnt a second chance and you'll take it.

You are deadset taking the piss ?

What we saw was two badly out of form teams who are super slow ( outside of a few players) ping the ball around all night. Last night, the Eagles actually looked like a finals side and did what good sides do, put there opposition to the sword the pies nearly got run over lol
Yep.

Reassuring that we're the first team through to a Prelim despite being 'badly out of form'.

Good luck tomorrow 👍

So unfair that the Cats had to play at MCG. If the game had been at Kardinia, they would have won for sure. By a zillion points. I know because they beat Carlton there in round 23
Unfair as they finished top! Commentators were saying they would never play it at kardinia Park because they wouldn’t be able to get anywhere near as many tickets sold compared to the mcg . Sad really it’s all about ticket sales

This is not a given, those two come up against a very very stingy defence. For Collingwood to win they'll need to nullify all of gaj, Kelly and Danger not to mention the likes of Tomohawk and the Sav.

This is a seriously difficult game for us to win. Think you're dismissing the cats too readily.
Told you Mr Bush.

Good win and congrats. I Believed in you guys right after your loss in last years Granny. You will go all the way. And I hope you do.

Honestly you can't blame him for the record, there's not much else he can do:

32 touches, 1 goal, 147 SC points
25 touches, 79 SC points (carrying an injury)
24 touches, 9 tackles, 2 goals, 3 points, 119 SC points
26 touches, 8 marks, 4 goals, 3 points, 135 SC points
31 touches, 5 marks, 5 tackles, 1 goal, 1 point, 101 SC points
39 touches, 5 marks, 5 tackles, 1 goal, 146 SC points
35 touches, 5 marks, 121 SC points
Best cats player week in week out!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Enjoy it flogs, can't wait to see what Hawthorn dishes up in the finals series
Cheer up, mate.

Tommy would've kicked 4 straight instead of 0.4 and the Catters would've won if the game had been played on your home ground

Maybe if your club keeps sooking about it, the AFL will give you home finals :drunk::laughing:

200.jpg

They don’t but I’m sure there are other inequalities. Don’t know anything about NHL. In NBA they have a soft cap which means the richer teams are able to spend more money than the rich teams, that’s not fair. Big markets have massive advantages over small markets which has been proven over decades. That’s not fair.

It’s life. You’ve got to deal with the cards you’re dealt with.

Being owned by a richer person isn't a league-imposed inequality. The salary cap doesnt fix the soft cap but it does reign in on-court inequity.

As for market size - who says we can control that. You can't kickout a small team or ban big ones. Thats again not a league imposed problem. Do you see me whinging about the difference between Richmond and GC membership numbers?

Melbourne being more footy mad than GC isn't some AFL conspiracy, the distribution of HGA is.

The issue is 10 teams in Victoria and 3 stadiums. If Geelong were smart they should be treated like an interstate team and play all home games at KP and then have home finals at KP, but they won’t. Cannot complain if playing home games at the G.

If they didn't play any home games at the G I suspect their MCG record would worsen, like us when we played at Subi. They need the experience.

I fully sopport the move to the MCG in order to ensure more tickets, and this henceforth all future WCE vs Melbourne, North, StKilda or Bulldogs must be at optus stadium.

If they didn't play any home games at the G I suspect their MCG record would worsen, like us when we played at Subi. They need the experience.

Probably, but I just mean for their identity. If they want home finals then play all home games in Geelong.

Fantastic win on the road, Collingwood love an away finals win!!!

On a more serious note, at least Geelong play home games at the G, in the NRL you play all home games during the season at your home ground then play a home final at your opponents home ground that you may not have even played at all season...

I will probably cancel my annual grand final party if these two teams end up playing off in the granny. Absolutely poor excuse for a finals game.

Regardless, always nice to see the Cats lose. Despite my initial comments, I genuinely believe West Coast will roll them next week.

NHL? NBA? Neither of these codes enforce teams playing their earned HGA away from home.

Agree sides which earn HGA via finishing higher should be rewarded.
But the H&A advantage needs to be addressed, not just the finals disadvantage, if it’s about genuine fairness.

Back