Game Day GWS Giants v Western Bulldogs, Finals Week 1 - 15:20 AEST, Sep 07, 2019

Who will win GWS v WB?

• GWS Giants <10

Votes: 13 14.3%
  • GWS Giants 10+ to <30

Votes: 9 9.9%
  • GWS Giants 30+

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • Bulldogs <10

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • Bulldogs 10+ to <30

Votes: 34 37.4%
  • Bulldogs 30+

Votes: 12 13.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

9th beat 5th at their home ground on their last meeting, lost their other meeting by a kick and very bad kicking. Also smashed 6th spot twice. Wild card round would be a good thing if the AFL wants to continue gifting finals places to undeserving teams by giving teams that finish further down the ladder easier draws. Hawthorn vs GWS or Eagles would have at least been a contest if the H&A matchups between those teams was anything to go by.

But that wouldn’t have happened with a wildcard round - it would have been 7th vs 10th and 8th vs 9th.

Who knows what would have happened after the first week. 7th and 8th probably would have both won in the first week.

We don’t need a wildcard round. It belongs in NFL as only 12 of the 32 sides make the playoffs.

Not really concerned. Making the eight is a successful season this year.

I know I would rather the prelim and win the flag than win elim and get knocked out next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What’s Eddie on about last night with the clash of jumpers? I can’t recognize the teams out there. Giants in orange and bulldogs witches hat orange!

If Collingwood actually had a clash strip the AFL might have asked them to wear it.

Back