Bluemour Melting Pot XIX - Give Me Ed Baby - Return of the Prodigal Son

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No AFL involvement. He was left rather underwhelmed post his interviews with us. It also had nothing to do with our contract offer either.

I take it you mean underwhelmed with how his interviews went with SOS. If that was the case and if it does align with the amount of players we have courted but not signed, I would question it too

Jack Martin will be a great get for us. Silky and knows how to pick out players with his disposal.

To me, he is more important than Papley so im hoping we get him over the line.

Next is Papley and hopefully Brad Crouch. If we added these 3 over this trade period along with Darcy Cameron, 2020 and beyond looks really strong!

I take it you mean underwhelmed with how his interviews went with SOS. If that was the case and if it does align with the amount of players we have courted but not signed, I would question it too

That's real interesting...what, so Saad was underwhelmed by SOS in the interview? Can't imagine a shrewd operator like SOS doing all this work throughout the year chasing Saad, putting forward a good contract offer, only to stuff up the interview so badly Saad went from wanting to join us to joining Essendon...

I guess it's not just SOS in the interview...i'd imagine Bolton would have been part of it as the head coach? Could have been him and how Bolton was going to play him in our game plan.

I mean, we did manage to convince guys who were being chased by other clubs like Setterfield and Marchbank to join us. Kennedy. McGovern & Newman good gets after a 2 win season.

Huge if true.

Gets our trade period off to a really good start. Add even just one more decent player and it's already a good off-season.

And if true he's choosing us despite offering less money than the Dogs, it shows that we are starting to change into a destination club again, rather than desperately throwing out the biggest cash.

I never saw it with Pickett.
I agree he had the right elements, but the sum seemed to be less than the parts.
Obviously injuries and lack of fitness were the main issues.
But from what we got to see he 1) didn't do enough 2) was a 'nearly' player (eg he would break the lines but then turn the ball over).

I guess we will never know if it all would have clicked if he'd gotten continuity. I of course hoped it would, but always feared that it wouldn't.

Gary Rohan is a good example. He's got some great highlights, and has an impressive quarter here or there. But years go by and you realise he averages less touches a game than Robbie Warnock (yes, really) and less goals than Troy Menzel.... Puke

There weren't many opportunities to see something. :)
Pickett has just turned 23, had more than his fair share of injuries and had played a total of 17 games in the AFL.

He had plenty to work with but seems the issue may have been more about him not wishing to work as hard as he should have.
Pickett was very fast...could tackle...could take a mark and wasn't a bad kick for goal.

Pickett may have ben his own worst enemy, but the skill-set was there.

Not sure why people want Tomlinson.
We play tall enough as is, imagine another 190cm in the team. It wouldn’t work.

People saying he’s not rly a tall blah blah, well yes he is, he’s an athletic tall.

Like Cripps is athletic and tall?

The height isn't the relevant aspect, the skill set is.

Last edited:
Peter Ryan on the money👍
Martin's manager phoned sos yesterday

In re to Papley:
It's happening.

How does this effect us chasing Eddie?
I know he’d be bottom of the list in terms of age bracket and all that stuff. But still would love to have him back.

Thanks to all the ITKs posting. As a casual poster, I’m and avid reader so really appreciate all the info 👍💙

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't do this to me....... Martin and Papley... great start.....

And a B+ Mid on the cards...

Betts and Jacobs are both 50/50 chances. Depending on how cheap we get them. Wont happen till all our priorities are secured

Cameron will happen. May be through DFA or the rookie draft

That's real interesting...what, so Saad was underwhelmed by SOS in the interview? Can't imagine a shrewd operator like SOS doing all this work throughout the year chasing Saad, putting forward a good contract offer, only to stuff up the interview so badly Saad went from wanting to join us to joining Essendon...

I guess it's not just SOS in the interview...i'd imagine Bolton would have been part of it as the head coach? Could have been him and how Bolton was going to play him in our game plan.

I mean, we did manage to convince guys who were being chased by other clubs like Setterfield and Marchbank to join us. Kennedy. McGovern & Newman good gets after a 2 win season.

I guess it is hearsay, until someone sheds more light

Like Cripps is athletic and tall?

The height is'nt the relevant aspect, the skill set is.
But Cripps is one of the big reasons why we wouldn't want another 190cm+ midfielder. He's a beast in the contest but lack of speed and endurance (relative to other mids) means he can't fully cover his opponent defensively and we need someone like Walsh to pick up the slack. You can't have multiple oversized mids or the opposition mids will kick half a dozen goals each.

tenor.gif

JACK MARTIN !!!! I Know him, I Know him !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back