Bluemour Melting Pot XIX - Give Me Ed Baby - Return of the Prodigal Son

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crows are not going to pay any of his contract. They would rather keep him.

Even if other clubs will, Eddie has to agree.

He wants Blues, money isn’t issue
So you saying he is ok coming to the blues on say $2-400k when he could earn $600k or whatever he is on next year staying at crows? I can’t understand why he would be ok with this ... has a young family and not sure what work opportunities he has after footy.

How much money do you guys need?

I would be able to live on 200k is all I am saying

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Also he's Eddie Betts.

It's not going to be like he won't be able to get a job doing something.

I can think of a dozen organizations which would appreciate his profile and leadership as an ambassador

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Why would we need Petracca?

There's a good question.

I feel we can only take on so many players that have to prove themselves from day 1.
We haven't exactly made every recruit that comes to us a better player - Fasolo...Kennedy...O'Shea...Mullett...Pickett...etc

That's not to say we won't have a better strike rate into the future, but given the situation we had, many of these recruits haven't really shown too much at all and we can even include McGovern here.

Where would we play Petracca? Half forward I guess, but it doesn't feel right.
Martin and Butler would be enough 'experimenting' for now. Papley though I see as more of a hit, from day one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you saying he is ok coming to the blues on say $2-400k when he could earn $600k or whatever he is on next year staying at crows? I can’t understand why he would be ok with this ... has a young family and not sure what work opportunities he has after footy.
Ambassadorial role?? Over to you Gil...

I really only want to walk away from this trade period now with Martin, Papley and our 2020 1st firmly in our hands.
2020 1st round pick may not be worth as much as it usually is when you consider how many good players are tied to clubs in relation to father son, academy and NGA selections.

Well our ITKs have mentioned this more than once.
He would also have a job after next year.

Well Tom Browne is suggesting that Daniher is going to request a trade to the Swans, which would help facilitate us getting Papley.

But how does the deal get done?

Essendon are going to probably expect Sydney's Pick 4, and our Pick 8 for Daniher?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back