Contenders and Pretenders 2019 ( edited - Page 32 current discussion ) Are Richmond now the team to beat?

Are Richmond the new Premiership Favourites?

• Yes. The Dominant team and rule at Fortress G - Too good!

Votes: 128 34.6%
  • No. Geelong will roll on once more

Votes: 17 4.6%
  • West Coast to go Back to Back

Votes: 105 28.4%
  • Collingwood will regroup and Redeem themselves

Votes: 38 10.3%
  • GWS will break through for their first flag

Votes: 6 1.6%
  • Brisbane will break the hearts of many

Votes: 59 15.9%
  • Essendon will emerge

Votes: 17 4.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong vs Collingwood - Collingwood
Brisbane vs Richmond - Richmond
WCE vs Essendon - If they play like tonight, Essendon. Will tip the Eagles at home against my better judgement
GWS vs Dogs - GWS

Geelong vs WCE - Geelong
Brisbane vs GWS - GWS

Collingwood vs GWS - Collingwood
Richmond vs Geelong - Richmond

Collingwood vs Richmond - Richdemption. Not. Piedemption.

Collingwood 2019 Premiers.
Posted August 24

Richmond ******* insanely brilliant

Congrats. Grand Final week is going to be wild. If the Pies make it ( and I think they will ) Melbourne's going to burn in flames 1000 times just before the game.

*******. CRAZY.

Richmond has overcome adversity to be a serious contender this year.

Rance missed 22 games, J Riewoldt missed 12 and Cotchin missed 11 in 2019. Only Dion Prestia played all season from the 2017 premiership winning team.

And they’re in the Grand Final for the 2nd time in 3 years.

dean33 Pies top 4? You were wrong mate. Next time wait for it to actually happen. They made it and didn't slip out as I predicted;)

Well done last night to Richmond and all their fans.

An amazing football team in full flight and you'll be bloody hard to stop next week.

Good luck.

i agree,this very much the reality,though id argue richmond along with collingwood the 2 least talented...GWS by far the most with all those top 10 picks,elite users of the ball,if coniglio and ward were fit theyd be favourites by the length of the u know what,luckily they aint playing..it may give the remaining 3 a chance
i stick by these comments made before both pelims

Not just talent, but GWS's pressure and defence has been the best this finals series. A solid defence and manic pressure over 4 quarters is required to make it deep into finals, and they bring it. Only one who can match Richmond in that department over 4 quarters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not just talent, but GWS's pressure and defence has been the best this finals series. A solid defence and manic pressure over 4 quarters is required to make it deep into finals, and they bring it. Only one who can match Richmond in that department over 4 quarters.
They are more talented on paper, no doubt in my mind. However they are going to be tired, and the Richmond system and fight is the best in the league. Going to be an amazing game.

They are more talented on paper, no doubt in my mind. However they are going to be tired, and the Richmond system and fight is the best in the league. Going to be an amazing game.

Many premiers have had to play 4 finals in recent years. Hawks in 15, Dogs in 16, Pies nearly did it in 18. With the pre finals bye I feel the extra week is somewhat nullified too. Tigers looked a bit slow and rattled early on Friday night, so they'll be more match hardened, but Giants didn't look like slowing down at all in the last quarter. Most Pies goals came from catching them by surprise on the break, not wearing them down. I mean, it could be a factor, but recent GFs have shown it's not a big factor...then again Eagles did sort of get into the game more later, so maybe fitness played some role.

as a richmond supporter all i'll say is..at this stage of proceedings whatever happened 8,10,12 or 15 weeks ago matters none.
in rd 5 .2017 adelaide pumped us by 7 goals..who won the flag ?...st.kilda beat us by 90 pts in rd 15 2017...who won the flag ?
in 2018 we beat collingwood twice in H & A...smashed us in the prelim...
Geelong smashed us after qtr time 12 weeks ago...it matters nothing fellas....GO TIGERS !!!
We'll crush them like bugs in the last 35 mins...i can feel it...bring it on CATS
i wasnt far off..we only crushed them last 50 mins of 60...15 mins out..my bad

Speaking of a Contender ( Prem Fave ) what's the go with Marlion Pickett Richmond fans? Is he going to get a game this week/coming weeks? I reckon he can be a good player for the Tige's in the coming years. Might be able to make some impact early on if he remains injury free.
Might get his chance next week. Would be great.

i wasnt far off..we only crushed them last 50 mins of 60...15 mins out..my bad
im glad we lost to GWS 23 weeks ago...because like Geelong,WCE,Brisbane & to a lesser extent Collingwood(i think they were 8 weeks ago), they have no idea the punishment theyre in for come the last 35-40 mins on saturday
we'll crush them like bugs in the ground now the cobwebs are dusted off...heres hoping coniglio and whitfield get selected and a proppy
phil davis plays...GO TIGERS...U BEAUTIES !!!

Last edited:
The PC side of me says goodluck to GWS.

But nah, we should crush them after half time and run out 5 goal winners.

This is a fantastic opportunity for our club to continue some dominance. GWS hasn't been a team to really bother us when it counts (theres been a few times already).

I hope it's a competitive granny for all the neutrals to enjoy. We may be too good at this point in time for GWS though (my bias opinion).

At the end of the day though, if we get bested, I'll still be proud of my team, just disappointed of course.

FWIW I think this we be a great granny.

Hope everyone is having a great week. Peace.

im glad we lost to GWS 23 weeks ago...because like Geelong,WCE,Brisbane & to a lesser extent Collingwood(i think they were 8 weeks ago), they have no idea the punishment theyre in for come the last 35-40 mins on saturday
we'll crush them like bugs in the ground now the cobwebs are dusted off...heres hoping coniglio and whitfield get selected and a proppy
phil davis plays...GO TIGERS...U BEAUTIES !!!
Well, the only thing one could possibly say here would be, for your sake i hope Richmond don't lose. The incoming roasting will fry you. Good luck.

dean33 Pies top 4? You were wrong mate. Next time wait for it to actually happen. They made it and didn't slip out as I predicted;)
Only thing I didn’t count on was the eagles shitting the bed in the last round to gift the pies a top 4 spot. They got over a flaky cats in the first final and then lost to a giants side that had everything go wrong for them. I reckon I got proven right that pies weren’t that great.
Anyway not concerned about them now as they are yesterday’s news, I’m more looking forward to hopefully watching us snag number 12 on Saturday.

So the Pies were pretenders all along, no one s**** the bed like that could be taken as a contender. The perfect storm set up for a once in a decade gf only to blow it Collingwood style.

Should've known - out the last 4 seriously lacking in personnel. Don't bring the system and they're dead in the water bring it they're a chance.

Contenders:
Brisbane
Richmond
Collingwood
GWS
Hawthorn* Pending 8th place finish :D

Pretenders:
Geelong
Essendon
West Coast :(
The two best teams?

You changed your rankings more often than you changed your jocks.

You even had Hawthorn ranked as a contender after they found themselves in the 8 for five minutes....

Back