News 2019 Rumour File - discuss rumours here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rise_up_Stiffy

Premiership Player
Sep 3, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
One of the posters on the GC board noting that Hugh Greenwood has started to follow GC on his instagram feed. I really hope that the club is trying to lever pick 14 for him and maybe 26 - leaving us with 3, 14 & 21 + what picks we get for Jacobs and Betts later in the draft

Wait, are you saying you think we will get pick 14 and 26 for Hugh Greenwood?

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
I agree but Charlie does seem to be making an extra effort and going out of his way to hang s**t on the club. Allegedly because Pyke/Coaches told him a few home truths about his game which seem to have had a positive effect on his overall performance since. He is just a smart assed little campaigner with a capital K.

Either that or our coaches aren’t perfect. David Spudkay got $400k x 4 years whilst being bog average. There’s nothing to suggest that our system gets anything right outside of talent ID. We’re the s**t show, this should be abundantly obvious. We didn’t rate Lyons either, but, by gum, we valued Gore highly.

Check the tackle stats for the last half of the year then come back to me on why the stats are irrelevant

It's one stat that doesn't mean a whole lot without context, especially since all you need to do to record a tackle stat is cause a stoppage - somewhat straightforward to achieve when you're already inside due to the last stoppage, no chasing or defensive efforts required. Brad is not, never had been, and never will be a defensive player, attempting to say otherwise is just ludicrous.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Tbh Browne has one of the better recent track records so I’m believing this.
No he doesn't, he's been called out by players quite a bit in recent times.

That said, he isn't the first guy to go with the story. Others have maintained he wants to stay here.

Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
I’ve only got one account. I tried to reply and that’s what it came up with.

Lol

Love it how when you voice your opinion on this board about individual players, people can’t fathom that they could be wrong - let alone open to a discussion without trying to get personal.

You didn’t respond to my question btw. Have you seen B Crouch tear a game apart? Or will you respond with angst and no answer again?

Mate, you’re so far out of bounds that no, no one is fathoming that you could be right.

It’s a dumb opinion - try to get a better one.

Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
It's his first full year for a long time. I'd be happy to go along with he's a high risk of injury so we should cut and run while his value is high, but not with he's a bad midfielder, because he's not. Brad is one of our best players despite the fact he's had no consistency or fitness.

It’s his 2nd full year in 3 years

2017 - 20 games
2019 - 22 games

Jul 9, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Doubt it, it'll be a 3rd round pick.

Just on them, if they want to pay Brouch 900K on a lengthy deal then they can't be saying "Luko is off the table, so is pick 1 and 2".

We just walk away.
Yeah I just read that article. You're not going to get far by going in to a negotiation where you're making the approach by stating that all our good picks and gun players are off the table. You'll never get anywhere. In any negotiation. Ever.

Jun 30, 2014
The Winchester
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, East Side Hawks
Yeah I just read that article. You're not going to get far by going in to a negotiation where you're making the approach by stating that all our good picks and gun players are off the table. You'll never get anywhere. In any negotiation. Ever.
Prefer Rankine impact, prefer Lukocious for need and stay

Crouch#44

Club Legend
Sep 8, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Wonder why he didn’t stay on as a coach or go to freo (thought there was an offer there)

Because Hahndorf smashed the hills league premiership and cheney did it easy whist being paid huge under the table & had the ability to still be off his **** by the fire pit near the gate/changeroom at 10am the nexr say with no media coverage.

Great game at Echunga Oval by the way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back