No Oppo Supporters Hawthorn’s 2019 Trade/FA - Targets/Incoming players discussion only - Next Part

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone read this morning's HUN article suggesting Whitfield was to be traded to the Hawks?

The article was posted somewhere around 9am and then a few minutes later it had been taken down. I just saw the headline - the rest was behind their paywall.
no...but...i am intrigued by this

Did anyone read this morning's HUN article suggesting Whitfield was to be traded to the Hawks?

The article was posted somewhere around 9am and then a few minutes later it had been taken down. I just saw the headline - the rest was behind their paywall.

Probably some clickbait article which then opens up to a speculative quote from Ben Dixon saying “I think Hawthorn should trade for Whitfield”.

AFL media is 98% turgid pap.

Each to their own. I just think it is odd that here's a player who has done the hard yards with a club from its inception when they barely won a game and is supposedly ready to resume full training, not busting his chops to get out their. If a deal has already been done then there is more too it as I said.

Once again 'what you think' and 'what is' are probably 2 different things. How do you know it's not killing him inside having to sit out while his mates get to play in a GF? Assuming how people feel is never a good thing because most of the time you'll be wrong until you walk in their shoes.

Protip - until Whitfield is standing next to Kanga, resign yourself to the fact that he is never coming to Hawthorn. Save yourself the stress.

Sooooo if a bunch of us BigFooty Hawk posters kidnapped Lachie like they did in that movie Celtic Pride and got a photo with him next to Kanga… would that count? I'd do it in a heartbeat and I reckon I'd have 4-5 helpers :)

Patton isn't in their best 22. Mutual decision.
A fully fit Patton would be in GWS’s best 22. No doubt about it. But he would have needed to prove his match readiness from about 10 weeks ago. Given he and GWS have so much to lose, I.e the risk of further injury and inability to off load significant salary cap pressure, there was never going to be a contemplation of a risky return.

Saying Patton is not in their best 22 is like saying COGS is not in their best 22. They are both carrying knees which makes selection too risky a proposition.

I for one am very enthusiastic about getting Patton cheap. If we can get him right he has the potential to be a dominating key forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A fully fit Patton would be in GWS’s best 22. No doubt about it. But he would have needed to prove his match readiness from about 10 weeks ago. Given he and GWS have so much to lose, I.e the risk of further injury and inability to off load significant salary cap pressure, there was never going to be a contemplation of a risky return.

Saying Patton is not in their best 22 is like saying COGS is not in their best 22. They are both carrying knees which makes selection too risky a proposition.

I for one am very enthusiastic about getting Patton cheap. If we can get him right he has the potential to be a dominating key forward.
I was hearing that it was Patton and his management choice to stand down from playing and not completely GWS's wanting.

But !!! GWS are understanding of the situation.

Regarding Patton he has worked hard in the USA and also stripped off some weight.
He was described to me as being mentally fragile about his knees and his confidence shot until Hawthorn came knocking.
He’s going to play on a very reduced wage which says a lot about how he sees himself as a player now and being realistic.
He is making sure everyone’s investments are covered and from my understanding is really excited to be at Hawthorn.
Will announce after the finals are done in trade week.

Would GWS / Patton simply terminate their contract by mutual consent thus enabling Patton to cross to Hawthorn as a delisted free agent.
Not sure on that. Think I recall that being an issue when Essendon were losing Hibberd etc after the scandal. Was in a situation and they still needed to do plenty of work to have the contract voided so I would think no as it might be seen as tampering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back