2023 Hawthorn List Management Discussion (including Trade, FA period)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I reckon we should be looking for Key back cover if DGB doesn't step up. Need to make some calls to see if we can finally land Nathan Carroll as a gorilla defender.

Sorry I’m in the UK who is Nathan Carroll and why is it a thing on BF?
It's an old gag, beloved by Grizzlym, that we would be targetting Nathan Carroll from Melbourne every trade season...

I think you'll see it a bit as a homage to Grizz over the next while...

It's an old gag, beloved by Grizzlym, that we would be targetting Nathan Carroll from Melbourne every trade season...

I think you'll see it a bit as a homage to Grizz over the next while...
Thanks eldorado whilst I’m new and didn’t know him he was obviously much loved here amongst the hawks family. Reminds me how few things are truly important in life, but that one of them is how incredibly lucky to have been born and live life as a Hawk.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ll throw some names out there-

Noah Anderson ( Gold Coast )

Out of contract, do whatever it takes to get this man’s signature.

Jade Gresham ( St Kilda )

Out of contract, he’s exactly what we need a midfielder who can go forward and kick goals.

Mitch Georgiardes ( Port Adelaide )

Out of contract and would be a great pairing with Lewis up forward if Kozzi doesn’t work out.

Darcy Parish ( Essendon )

RFA, point of difference in our midfield, would benefit from Sam Mitchell’s game plan.

Lachie Schultz ( Fremantle ),

Out of contract, Hawks we’re very keen on him, the defensive forward we need.

Sam Flanders ( Gold Coast )

Out of contract midfielder, Hawks made inquires to his availability last trade period.

Hugo Ralphsmith ( Richmond )

Out of contract utility who may be staved of opportunity with Taranto and Hopper coming in, his father played for the Hawks.

Finn Callaghan ( GWS )

Out of contract, talented and grew up close to our new Dingley base, why wouldn’t you ask the question.

Brodie Kemp ( Carlton )

Out of contract, Hawks supporter growing up, being played out of position, surprised he didn’t ask for a trade last year.

Tyler Brockman ( Hawthorn )

Just had twins, partner based in WA, a trade at seasons end is more likely than not.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Geez I’d be pretty disappointed if we actually chased Jade Gresham

Surely this is a pisstake?
Has some value as a free agent. I certainly wouldn’t want to be giving up picks for him.

Has played some absolute ripper games. But not really been consistently playing at at a high enough level to through big $$$ or picks at him.

Out of contract, he’s exactly what we need a midfielder who can go forward and kick goals.

Out of contract and would be a great pairing with Lewis up forward if Kozzi doesn’t work out.

RFA, point of difference in our midfield, would benefit from Sam Mitchell’s game plan.

Out of contract midfielder, Hawks made inquires to his availability last trade period.

Out of contract utility who may be staved of opportunity with Taranto and Hopper coming in, his father played for the Hawks.

Finn Callaghan ( GWS )

Out of contract, talented and grew up close to our new Dingley base, why wouldn’t you ask the question.

Brodie Kemp ( Carlton )

Out of contract, Hawks supporter growing up, being played out of position, surprised he didn’t ask for a trade last year.

Just had twins, partner based in WA, a trade at seasons end is more likely than not.

Good shout on Schultz... Pretty sure he is a life UFA. He will get big offers to come back.

Finn Callaghan ( GWS )

Brodie Kemp ( Carlton )

Any/all of Anderson, Callaghan and Gresham please.

I'll make a contribution to this thread, Gresham and Noah Anderson will not be at Hawthorn in 2024, so no point wasting pages discussing it.
Anderson definitely, but not so sure about Gresham, although I understand Ross has contacted his Manager directly. Saints have already packaged up an offer but I remain hopeful.
We have had a go at Himmelberg every contract renewal.
McKay remains a hope, but I am not holding my breath. Would love it to happen.

All three are free agents.

Very difficult to make calls at the moment, as will need to assess to know what to go for. If Brockman and Butler develop well and Brockman stays, it means we've gone from desperate to replace Breust to sort of being stacked in the area with O'Sullivan also developing. It Brockman left Id go super hard at Schultz.

Our midfield could be a big weakness, or the 'mix' might come together and gel given how deep it runs and the array of types we have now and flexibility, and with hopefully a more solid ruck division. Newcombe, Day, Moore, MacDonald look like being very good players but how good will shape if we need to target another.

Ramsden for mine could be a real game changer, as unlike Meek and Reeves who look like rucks we can force to stand in the forward line at times, could be more a forward hybrid who chips in with ruck work. If that came on and he could be a second or third tall, and we still have a pick in a draft deep with forwards, it makes things interesting. If we nailed Newcombe, Blanck and Ramsden it would be like a royal flush for our rebuild.

I'll make a contribution to this thread, Gresham and Noah Anderson will not be at Hawthorn in 2024, so no point wasting pages discussing it.
* that, let's go all in on Oliver and Andy Brayshaw! Make it happen Sleepy Mark!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back