List Mgmt. Hawk's List Management 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the year he will need to prove that is possible.

He's been in the system long enough now and he's no spring chicken anymore.

I'd say his form this year will go a long way to determining whether the club goes hard at English at years end.
I’ll give you the inside tip…. We are no chance of “going hard” for English. None.

Reeves is a big part of the reason we were so dominant from the middle last year.

I’ll give you the inside tip…. We are no chance of “going hard” for English. None.

Reeves is a big part of the reason we were so dominant from the middle last year.
Agree, it's a pretty weird take.

For mine Reeves is our 3rd most important player this year. Sicily, Lewis, Reeves. Not saying he's third best, but the alternatives (Frost+Phillips, Chol+Ramsden, Meek) are still a significant step down.

We HAVE to win clearances to be competitive, he's our biggest asset at doing that. I think our midfield's performance swings as much on Reeves as the individuals at his feet. His dominant clearances in the ruck (especially against "good" rucks) papers over our poor defensive midfield shape.

We are only one game in - but it looks like Dambrosio is a great upgrade on Bramble and Chol definitely contributed a lot more than Kosi.
Would be shocked if Ginnivan ever reaches Bresut's heights but I def feel better about Breust retiring in a year or so knowing that Watson and Ginni are on the list.

Good work to McKenzie and the crew.

We are only one game in - but it looks like Dambrosio is a great upgrade on Bramble and Chol definitely contributed a lot more than Kosi.
Would be shocked if Ginnivan ever reaches Bresut's heights but I def feel better about Breust retiring in a year or so knowing that Watson and Ginni are on the list.

Good work to McKenzie and the crew.
All of Mass, Chol and Ginni look like upgrades on Bramble, Kosi and Brocky. I still think Brocky will be a decent player, but Ginni has really impressed me.

All of Mass, Chol and Ginni look like upgrades on Bramble, Kosi and Brocky. I still think Brocky will be a decent player, but Ginni has really impressed me.
Chol and ginni cost us a lot more than we got back for Kosi and brockman - they should be upgrades. Massimo looks the free hit (albeit bramble was decent on weekend).

I suspect Brocky will eventually be every bit the asset that Ginnivan is looking...other two definite upgrades

Mark Mckenzie is a lot better than we give him credit for. Some of the old busts I feel were clarko related. I reckon we will have another big off season with the amount of cap space we have. Watch out doggies:eyes:
Can we purchase Draft Picks at the end of 2024? When's that coming in?

Be sweet if we could buy both Players + Draft Picks over the next 2-3x years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Currently the problem with our midfield (Newcombe, Nash, Worpel, Reeves) is the lack of creativity. They're all really predictable, straight line players and I think it's why feel the absence of Day so much.

All the best midfields have guys a combo of guys that are straight line players and creative players.

I think McKenzie was recruited for a bit of flair and creativity in there and I reckon he can do it. He seems to be in an 'unlearning' phase where they break down his junior habits. Seems to be double guessing himself at the moment compared to his first coupe of games where he blitzed.

I'm looking forward to how it looks when these guys get an extra season in. Think we're going to have something pretty awesome brewing

Sad Ben Affleck GIF

McKenzie and co have had a blinding trade and draft.

Chol, Ginnivan, D’Ambrosio, and Watson are all best 22.

Playing their roles and will only get better. The first three for a packet of chips. Unbelievably good.

Not sure about Chol I feel we wasted a draft pick, Ginnivan, D’Ambrosio are the type of players we should be targeting with draft picks players that could play 8/10 years and Watson I think Sanders would have offered something different in our midfield but happy with Watson so far.

Not sure about Chol I feel we wasted a draft pick, Ginnivan, D’Ambrosio are the type of players we should be targeting with draft picks players that could play 8/10 years and Watson I think Sanders would have offered something different in our midfield but happy with Watson so far.
We swapped Ryan for Chol who are roughly the same age, massive upgrade.

Chol is running hard and wanting the ball. That has always been his only flaw. If he can keep that up while we build he will be a steal.

Chol is running hard and wanting the ball. That has always been his only flaw. If he can keep that up while we build he will be a steal.

Not sure his a forward but could he play ruck.

And become our Hale of this rebuild or would it be better to put in Ramsden who maybe has more upside.

Just watching yesterday live it again stood out that we need elite players. Ones who turn a half chance into something meaningful.

Game turners, Game breakers, match winners, whatever you want to call them. We dont currenty have them.

Everything is cookie cutter. If it doesn't come to him perfect he won't get it. Kick and handball just off where they should be. Nothing to make you go, wow that was great play.

The closet thing was McKenzie in the last beating Gawn in the air and putting Lewis into space.

Just watching yesterday live it again stood out that we need elite players. Ones who turn a half chance into something meaningful.

Game turners, Game breakers, match winners, whatever you want to call them. We dont currenty have them.

Everything is cookie cutter. If it doesn't come to him perfect he won't get it. Kick and handball just off where they should be. Nothing to make you go, wow that was great play.

The closet thing was McKenzie in the last beating Gawn in the air and putting Lewis into space.
We should have a number of elite players developing but we seem to have a few misses with our high draft picks now.. Ward is a trier but that’s about it, which is disappointing for such a high pick.. Denver has been a bust so far. McKenzie it could go either way.. He needs to back himself. Watson will make it.. I’m pretty sure on him.. That’s our elite picks right there..Nash and Maginess need to go back, and maybe stay at Box Hill for the foreseeable future. Give HH a crack, he looks a natural ball winner.. Lewis and Jai are a worry, they’re both very good players horribly out of form.. Reeves, sorry I don’t see it, I’d be tempted to make a move for Moyle from GC. I think the dinosaur ruck days are over..we miss Day terribly. Our best player and a guy that has poise and toughness. Chol has been good. I’d like to see him deeper and Lewis up the field more.. Amon, why has he moved?? keep him as the elite winger he showed himself to be last year.. Weddle hasn’t found his spot yet, don’t think it’s down back. I liked what I saw in the forward 50. He could be damaging..McDonald has talent and can be damaging but he looks uncompetitive at times… Thank F we still have our high pick this year.. It could be really high.. it’s such slow going with the rebuilds from rock bottom.

We should have a number of elite players developing but we seem to have a few misses with our high draft picks now.. Ward is a trier but that’s about it, which is disappointing for such a high pick.. Denver has been a bust so far. McKenzie it could go either way.. He needs to back himself. Watson will make it.. I’m pretty sure on him.. That’s our elite picks right there..Nash and Maginess need to go back, and maybe stay at Box Hill for the foreseeable future. Give HH a crack, he looks a natural ball winner.. Lewis and Jai are a worry, they’re both very good players horribly out of form.. Reeves, sorry I don’t see it, I’d be tempted to make a move for Moyle from GC. I think the dinosaur ruck days are over..we miss Day terribly. Our best player and a guy that has poise and toughness. Chol has been good. I’d like to see him deeper and Lewis up the field more.. Amon, why has he moved?? keep him as the elite winger he showed himself to be last year.. Weddle hasn’t found his spot yet, don’t think it’s down back. I liked what I saw in the forward 50. He could be damaging..McDonald has talent and can be damaging but he looks uncompetitive at times… Thank F we still have our high pick this year.. It could be really high.. it’s such slow going with the rebuilds from rock bottom.
It's funny how the really class players jump out at you from the start.

I had that feeling watching Watson yesterday. You can just tell he has "it", whatever "it" may be.

I'd love to see Weddle tried as a half forward next week, there aren't many players with his combination of endurance and marking power.

Mark Mckenzie is a lot better than we give him credit for. Some of the old busts I feel were clarko related. I reckon we will have another big off season with the amount of cap space we have. Watch out doggies:eyes:
Hes wasted top 10 picks on DGB and Ward. Those are misses that can cost you a job. When you have bad years you can't afford to miss on top 10 picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back