List Mgmt. Hawk's List Management 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He definitely called 68 points on Fox. Was even put up on the screen along with all the other panel predictions, all of whom picked Shitney.

I know this because I went searching you tube just yesterday to hear for myself. Found it. 1:02:40 mark

2014 AFL GF Pre-game
Love Mooneys comments about going back-to-back here 😂

He definitely called 68 points on Fox. Was even put up on the screen along with all the other panel predictions, all of whom picked Shitney.

I know this because I went searching you tube just yesterday to hear for myself. Found it. 1:02:40 mark

2014 AFL GF Pre-game
Ha! His 6-8 points claim was just a bald face lie then.

On another note, can’t believe we’re coming up to 10 years from that game. Feels like yesterday…

Funny thing is that when I was posting to this thread about Kingy over the past day or two, I'd assumed it was the 'Hawks in the Media' thread! :rolleyes:

Josh Battle looks like the only FA worth looking at for a KPD. The cupboard is pretty bare.

Josh Battle looks like the only FA worth looking at for a KPD. The cupboard is pretty bare.
Not a KPD but I reckon Ainsworth could be worth a look. obviously Mcluggage would be nice as well.

All the more reason to bring Roughie home as you'd think he'd know if Battle is / isn't happy at the Saints. If we're after hime I'm sure Sam will ask him the question.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All the more reason to bring Roughie home as you'd think he'd know if Battle is / isn't happy at the Saints. If we're after hime I'm sure Sam will ask him the question.
Instead of employing him for years on $300k to find out if Battle is / isn't happy, why wouldn't Sam just flick him a text & ask him?

He’s bog average to be honest, but he competes very well.
Thats the whole point. He's a super competitive 2nd/3rd tall who reliably gets involved in the goal scoring chain, kicks a couple himself and does all the one percenters of chasing, tackling, shepherding and smothering. He is the epitome of a solid role playing footballer - he's exactly what we are crying out for

Thats the whole point. He's a super competitive 2nd/3rd tall who reliably gets involved in the goal scoring chain, kicks a couple himself and does all the one percenters of chasing, tackling, shepherding and smothering. He is the epitome of a solid role playing footballer - he's exactly what we are crying out for
I’d rather a match winner myself.

I would have thought the threepeat experience shows you need a balance of match winners (hodge cyril roughie buddy mitch burgoyne) and role players (stratton sewell guerra osbourne puopolo hill

I am starting to see matchwinners in our drafting Day, Newcombe, McKenzie, Watson

He’s bog average to be honest, but he competes very well.
He’s obviously competent, and that’s what the OP suggested they didn’t have.

FWIW - He finished 8th in the B&F at the premiers.

That’s clearly better than “bog average”. He would walk into our side and make us better.

Mihocek > Chol if we get close to Mihocek’s output from Chol we would be laughing.

A forward giving consistent effort working hard for the team is invaluable the way footy is going.

Given its been Lewis or nothing in our forward line Mihocek would improve us immensely

Mihocek > Chol if we get close to Mihocek’s output from Chol we would be laughing.

A forward giving consistent effort working hard for the team is invaluable the way footy is going.

Given its been Lewis or nothing in our forward line Mihocek would improve us immensely
Ability/Talent. Chol >>> Mihocek.

He’s an undersized KPP that gives great effort. Chol can be so much more than that, and ball is in his court.

Ability/Talent. Chol >>> Mihocek.

He’s an undersized KPP that gives great effort. Chol can be so much more than that, and ball is in his court.
I think it’s past the point of just comparing talent with these 2. Ones been a highly consistent performer and hasn’t had a down year in the 6 years he’s in the league.

The other has had one good year and a lot of very average years.

Talent doesn’t matter compared to output.

I think it’s past the point of just comparing talent with these 2. Ones been a highly consistent performer and hasn’t had a down year in the 6 years he’s in the league.

The other has had one good year and a lot of very average years.

Talent doesn’t matter compared to output.
I think you’ve come into a conversation half baked.

It was about what we want.
I want a match winner, not a role player who’s shorter than half our mids.

Rough was recruitment - he had nothing to do with the playing list. And as others have said why on earth would we hire him back for intel on one player/club? That’s the kind of low grade stupidity that leads to us becoming the Bombers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back