List Mgmt. Hawk's List Management 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mods pls delete and move if we already have a thread but I don't think we do?

I bring up 2023 list Management because I don't want to take the pre-game thread on a tangent.

But are we going to offer Chad a new contract?

I just can't see it if Brockman emerges and we need to find a spot for Butler.

Mods pls delete and move if we already have a thread but I don't think we do?

I bring up 2023 list Management because I don't want to take the pre-game thread on a tangent.

But are we going to offer Chad a new contract?

I just can't see it if Brockman emerges and we need to find a spot for Butler.

I seriously doubt we offer Chad a contract, if we do it will be massively reduced.

I also think Lynch, Morris, Koschitzke and Jeka are under pressure.

I seriously doubt we offer Chad a contract, if we do it will be massively reduced.

Hopefully we play Morris in the position we recruited him as before we consider delisting him.
I also don’t think Lynch is in too much trouble yet.
We aren’t overly stocked in our big man dept

I reckon 2023 will be it for the Chad. If he was going to save his career he needed to start the year off well but yet again he is on the sidelines for an indeterminate amount of time with another soft tissue injury.

I just can't see the Hawks offering a contract to an injury prone 30 year old. Just wouldn't make any sense from a list management point of view given where we are. I know all the talk is about his leadership but end of the day he is paid to play footy.

Maybe a team right in the premiership window might offer him a one year deal on a performance based contract would be his only hope I think.

If Chad wants another contract he will get one, on good coin too.
He will. I am just not sure it will be at Hawthorn.

Can't see Hawthorn giving him 3 years.

Maybe 1 with a games trigger.

Our key position stocks are paper thin. That’s the biggest issue with the current list.

Koschitzke will need to improve otherwise there’s a strong possibility he will be put up for trade. I think Jeka will get delisted.

The best 22 would be so much better if we can just get a centre half forward.

These threads always make interesting reading in hindsight. Last season there was so much talk of us needing some height and size through the midfield, which was our weakest line by far.

Three rounds into 2023 and we've now got a midfield with a core of Worpel (186cm), Newc (187cm), Mackenzie (188cm), Day (191cm) and Nash (197cm) which lacks some cohesion but is clearly a much improved clearance machine. Only one of those were outside acquisitions in this off season.

Now the focus is on KPP. I'm going to make an early prediction that Lewis' return to the side will spark better performances all around and we'll have some other dire gap needing filling. Gorilla defender maybe.

I reckon 2023 will be it for the Chad. If he was going to save his career he needed to start the year off well but yet again he is on the sidelines for an indeterminate amount of time with another soft tissue injury.

I just can't see the Hawks offering a contract to an injury prone 30 year old. Just wouldn't make any sense from a list management point of view given where we are. I know all the talk is about his leadership but end of the day he is paid to play footy.

Maybe a team right in the premiership window might offer him a one year deal on a performance based contract would be his only hope I think.

Chad is not who you build a premiership around, he's a cherry on top for a team who is already contending. 👍

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully we play Morris in the position we recruited him as before we consider delisting him.
I also don’t think Lynch is in too much trouble yet.
We aren’t overly stocked in our big man dept

I think Ramsden is going to come on very quickly.

An if McCabe and Dear comes on our list of talls will look much better.

I think the list in general is in a really interesting spot.

It has been cut back so hard that the majority of the list are young players and you sort of need to give young players some time to see what they are made of.

I think it would be premature to delist players like Morris and Mitchell who haven't really had a good run at it.

Look at what happened with Dylan Moore. We can't afford to lose players with that potential because we need to meet the mandated number of list changes.

I personally hope we delist the minimum this year so we can continue to have a look at some of these players.

I think we will encourage Chad to find himself a good 3 yr deal somewhere.

I think maximum lunch could look elsewhere with our blessing if ramma comes on.

The next evolution of the list is when Impey and Frost are overtaken.

In trouble for mine in no particular order are

Long
Mitchell
Morris
Jeka
Lynch

Will be bloody hard to make three forced changes this year.

I think the list in general is in a really interesting spot.

It has been cut back so hard that the majority of the list are young players and you sort of need to give young players some time to see what they are made of.

I think it would be premature to delist players like Morris and Mitchell who haven't really had a good run at it.

Look at what happened with Dylan Moore. We can't afford to lose players with that potential because we need to meet the mandated number of list changes.

I personally hope we delist the minimum this year so we can continue to have a look at some of these players.

I think we will encourage Chad to find himself a good 3 yr deal somewhere.

I think maximum lunch could look elsewhere with our blessing if ramma comes on.

The next evolution of the list is when Impey and Frost are overtaken.

Long
Mitchell
Morris
Jeka
Lynch

Will be bloody hard to make three forced changes this year.

Agreed, list spots are becoming tight, but we cant pass up a decent free agent and our first 3 draft picks.

Id like another speedy mid with foot skills and a couple of kpp.

Why? Please eloborate as it can’t be due to on field performance
Because our forward line is woeful and when he plays he is one of our best. His injuries and output have been disappointing but who do we have to replace him? The 2 that spring to mind are Brocky and Jack O, who are progressing nicely, but Chad can play fwd and mid which the others can not. If he wants to leave we won't get anything for him as he is a restricted free agent so why get rid of him? He won't get the 700k plus he did last time but we will offer a solid deal for sure.

Last edited:
I don't see Morris in trouble, He was very good in his handful of games last year and provides some cover and options in the position he can play.

I don't see Jeka making it and I think Kossie is in trouble unless we fail to secure any mature KP player in the off season. Lynch, who knows and he has a season left to prove himself either as a top 22 or good backup ruck. He may want to move for opportunities if he cant displace Reeves or Meek.

I have hopes for Seamus but he is running out of time. At risk of trade or delist are Bramble, Chad, Impey, Long, Serong (health) only because we will probably turnover at least 5 again this year. The good thing is it is hard to find a logical 5 right now. Maybe a rookie or two out - Ohara?

If Chad is willing to stay for less money, Id love him to go around again....body permitting

A long season to go, so some outs may become obvious as we progress and others on the edge may step up.

Crazy talk.
Lynch is under no pressure. Morris is coming back from a shoulder, and rated highly. He either stays or a SA club tries to poach him.

I don't see Morris in trouble, He was very good in his handful of games last year and provides some cover and options in the position he can play.

I don't see Jeka making it and I think Kossie is in trouble unless we fail to secure any mature KP player in the off season. Lynch, who knows and he has a season left to prove himself either as a top 22 or good backup ruck. He may want to move for opportunities if he cant displace Reeves or Meek.

I have hopes for Seamus but he is running out of time. At risk of trade or delist are Bramble, Chad, Impey, Long, Serong (health) only because we will probably turnover at least 5 again this year. The good thing is it is hard to find a logical 5 right now. Maybe a rookie or two out - Ohara?

If Chad is willing to stay for less money, Id love him to go around again....body permitting

A long season to go, so some outs may become obvious as we progress and others on the edge may step up.
I don’t think you know about Serongs health if you think that’s a cause for being delisted

Koschitzke will need to improve otherwise there’s a strong possibility he will be put up for trade. I think Jeka will get delisted.
Our key position stocks are paper thin. That’s the biggest issue with the current list.

The best 22 would be so much better if we can just get a centre half forward.
We are a bottom for side that would literally prefer to play without a kpf than give Kosi a game on present form, no one is trading for that.

Morris stays and makes the medium sized defender role his own so that we could add dimma to the frwd half. İt provides options.

Morris stays and makes the medium sized defender role his own so that we could add dimma to the frwd half. İt provides options.
Or we play him as a medium forward.
He kicked 33 goals in 7 games in under 18’s.
3 in the winning grand final.

Long
Mitchell
Morris
Jeka
Bramble
Lynch
Worpel
My take.

Longs a rookie, but I don’t know if he gets another year with Hustwaite breathing down his neck for the same role.
Can’t see us cutting our big man stocks back to 2 genuine rucks unless Lynch asks for a trade.
Bramble might be in trouble if he can’t make a fist of his game time this year.

I have faith in Mitchell, but he’s a chance to get the chop too.

I think with the shape of our midfield now and with Stephens waiting for opportunity, Worpel would be some sort of chance to be elsewhere next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back