2023 Hawthorn List Management Discussion (including Trade, FA period)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jacob Edwards is a bit of a bust at this point, 2 and a half seasons for 0 senior games. Plus his VFL form has been woeful - averages less than 10 disposals, 10 hitouts and never more than a goal in a game.
norf.

Yes, I agree that the chances of us finding a diamond in the midseason draft now that the pathways of opened up again for players to be seen and develop, but I still think there’s a higher chance of us finding another good kid then there is of Brown being the answer to any question that we have.
I agree, most importantly if a spot isn't kept open what do we talk about here mid season!!!????

What does it matter? The chances of us miraculously uncovering another Newcombe in the MSD is tiny. What the club chooses to do with the last spot on the list is as uninteresting and unimportant to me as what they choose to do with the last pick in the draft.

I think the chances of us finding another player in the midseason draft, are still probably higher than the chances of us actually needing Brown on the list.

I’d much rather we kept the spot open and wait to see what players jump up from nowhere in other leagues.

Plus all the bottom agers that missed getting picked up last year get another 9 months of development.

Besides, it's a rookie spot so better to take the risk than spend the pick now

I'm pretty sure we'd have taken him if he was available, so they did us a favour.
My comment is in regards to how they develop players.

Nope, we wanted Newcombe and knew he'd never make it to our second pick.
Not quite true. We tried to get him with our second pick by getting him to nominate conditions but there were clubs that were still prepared to take him in the first round.

All this talk about comparing the chances of finding gold in the MSD against the chances of Callum Brown finding some form.

Poowong thirds has at least another 30 players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are we likely to sign anyone for SSP at the end of today?

Brown or Waackt or none

Last edited:
Leadership Group, voted by players and coaches

James Sicily - Captain
Luke Breust - VC
Dylan Moore - VC
Jarman Impey
Mitch Lewis
Sam Frost

Great bunch of guys, I think we're in good hands with these guys.

I think this might be a defining year for dgb, maybe if improvement doesnt show a trade back to a w.a team
Gee I really hope we are more patient than that with a young tall defender.

We are giving him a footballing education out of his comfort zone. He needs to learn how to defend one on one for when we are challenging in a few years. We know he can intercept mark.

Plus he has been playing in a side with the leagues worst midfield. It only gets better for DGB from here...or maybe 2024 if we have a season of few wins.

Compared to what?
Pretty thin list tbh, and I really like them all as players.

Yeah not the most inspiring list ATM, but we're unlikely to see the likes of Hodge, Mitchell, Lewis and Burgoyne again.

Though I think Moore in particular will prove to be a great leader. Moore and Lewis are both relatively young leaders as well.

We also have a group of even younger guys coming through that are all showing leadership traits - Ward in particular (expect him to move into the leadership group at some stage) and Finn are leading the way.

Yeah not the most inspiring list ATM, but we're unlikely to see the likes of Hodge, Mitchell, Lewis and Burgoyne again.

Though I think Moore in particular will prove to be a great leader. Moore and Lewis are both relatively young leaders as well.

We also have a group of even younger guys coming through that are all showing leadership traits - Ward in particular (expect him to move into the leadership group at some stage) and Finn are leading the way.
I’ve no doubt m the likes of Day, Ward, DGB etc will be a pretty amazing leadership group in 3-5 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back