Mega Thread 2019 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread #2

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't say I know much about your inner workings etc. along with the Hogan trade etc., but seems he's at risk of further improving the professionalism and position of freo at the sake of what is right for the club .. even if his aim is to advantage freo... seems the saints gave a less than what Hill is worth offer and he said no because hill is one of our best players who has a contract as that is what is best for the fremantle football club? he is the right person to help your clubs image and get back on track after lyon, but i wouldn't know this because i support a club that's image is throwing dwarves and ignoring consent

EFA

Can't say I know much about your inner workings etc. along with the Hogan trade etc., but seems he's at risk of further making a mockery of freo at the sake of his own ego.. even if his aim is to advantage freo... seems the saints gave a more than generous offer and he risked the whole deal for greed? not sure if he's the right person to help your clubs image and get back on track after lyon..

yikes

I reckon saints have tried to get to many players at once. King is two first rounders + more hill costs a lot and you only get one first rounder per year.

As soon as they started cooling off due to their ‘medical’, just knew St Kilda would try and low ball. They don’t want to give up any first rounders. Their plan all along is King next year.
They get Hill, Ryder, Jones for cheap.
This is on the money.

Now they have others committed to the Saints, they realised that pick 6 plus others wasn’t enough to get all the deals done. I don’t think Brad is the priority now & I noticed that Newnes is now staying as well.

It seems to me it’s convenient to blame Bell for his hard stance & are using it as an excuse to move on from Brad, or get him for far cheaper.

I reckon they’ve also contacted Colin Young & told him they won’t be paying him as much as first offered if they do get him.

They’ll put it down to the medical & Belly’s stance.

Serious question to you dockers... what do you think of Bell? Do you think he'll last very much longer in his role?
Love him! Biggest balls this side of the Nullarbor and nerves of steel. Won’t blink unless it’s an exceptional trade and we’ve lost nothing keeping Billy.

If he doesn’t get traded this year and requests a trade next year, we still hold the whip hand 🏇

Can't say I know much about your inner workings etc. along with the Hogan trade etc., but seems he's at risk of further making a mockery of freo at the sake of his own ego.. even if his aim is to advantage freo... seems the saints gave a more than generous offer and he risked the whole deal for greed? not sure if he's the right person to help your clubs image and get back on track after lyon..

Hahaha, your undeserved sense of self entitlement is making you look like a complete goose.

More than generous offer??? Pick 6 and a future third rounder for a 3 time premiership player, winner of club fairest and best in a team with Fyfe, Walters etc. It was a nonsense offer. Had the situation been reversed, you'd be criticising Bell for trying to get away with robbery. Apparently, you want to pay him 900k per year but want to downgrade a draft pick that doesn't meet the mark anyway.

Hint for you. Freo doesn't owe you anything. You have no entitlement to underpay, set deadlines or set ultimatums. If you want a player of Hill's calibre, you need to pony up a fair price, otherwise your club is just wasting everybody's time

but what if you guys trade Hill for 12...then what?

We wont.

Freo traded Lachie Weller for pick 2. Bell successfully traded in Hogan and Lobb after the media melt fest last year when we walked on Melbourne's initial demands.

...but apparently the narrative you lot want to run with is Peter Bell is mean because he didn't acquiesce to the time limited demands over BH - who is still under contract for two years.

It's entertaining to watch - Bell is being very underestimated

PB level trading - Would you like to play a game...
jigsaw.png

Hahaha, your undeserved sense of self entitlement is making you look like a complete goose.

More than generous offer??? Pick 6 and a future third rounder for a 3 time premiership player, winner of club fairest and best in a team with Fyfe, Walters etc. It was a nonsense offer. Had the situation been reversed, you'd be criticising Bell for trying to get away with robbery. Apparently, you want to pay him 900k per year but want to downgrade a draft pick that doesn't meet the mark anyway.

Hint for you. Freo doesn't owe you anything. You have no entitlement to underpay, set deadlines or set ultimatums. If you want a player of Hill's calibre, you need to pony up a fair price, otherwise your club is just wasting everybody's time
based on that, all he needs is a mental health issue and like Steven we can get him for a pick in the 50s next year...

And the cats weren't greedy?

I reckon saints have tried to get to many players at once. King is two first rounders + more hill costs a lot and you only get one first rounder per year.
I’m not sold that the Saints are getting King. They might just flip us next years 1st & 12 to seal the deal. I recon this all falls over if it doesn’t happen this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This. All of this.

Guy you aren't getting it!
bBell can never get what he wants from st kilda because of the cost of king next year who is priority and they also have the cost of howard, ryder and co this year. You only get 1 first rounder per year and st kilda simply do not have the picks.

I hope Belly doesn’t blink. There’s no reason for us to lose this trade. We either get overs for Hill or we keep him. The contract isn’t a minor detail, the onus is 100% on St Kilda to leave Freo no choice but to allow him to break that contract. Did Geelong get criticised by the Vic media last year for playing hardball on Kelly? Don’t think so...

And the cats weren't greedy?
oh completely... exceptionally greedy and west coast overpaid but also for one of the best players in the competition going to a competing team... that was their call and they agreed rather than go back and forth with geelong... their deal has greatly distorted the market now and Bell tried to take advantage of that when previously pick 6 was probably too much for a player that was already a 3 time prem player and traded in for a mid 2nd round pick and hasn't even made an AA team before... we can pay his money because we've got cap room and help facilitate his want to move back to melb for personal reasons... Bell hasn't made any friends at all..

Quality comeback champ, pretty sure he’s been battling his demons for a while, yet won multiple f&b’s for your club. Little bit of respect wouldn’t go astray.
that's my point..Hills achievements at your club mean almost nothing in the current market based on the deal we are getting for Steven.....i don't agree with it but Geelong and the general public seem to think it is okay. 12 and a future second rounder will get it done....but yes Bell blinks again and Hill might be at Freo next year taking time away from football for personal reasons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back