Mega Thread 2019 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread #2

Remove this Banner Ad

Sam McClure and Peter Ryan report that it was 6 and a future THIRD rounder that was offered, not a second.

"Sources close to the deal confirmed St Kilda provided the Dockers with several opportunities to bend over and be sodomised but the West Australian club stalled despite being provided with a deadline on Thursday to accept a trade that would see pick six and a future third-round pick head to Fremantle in exchange for Hill. "

EFA.

And we're the dodgy ones here :oops:

imperial_oz is right, this stinks big time. The Aints never had any intention of doing a fair deal.

Sam McClure and Peter Ryan report that it was 6 and a future THIRD rounder that was offered, not a second.

"Sources close to the deal confirmed St Kilda provided the Dockers with several opportunities to close out the trade but the West Australian club stalled despite being provided with a deadline on Thursday to accept a trade that would see pick six and a future third-round pick head to Fremantle in exchange for Hill. "

I'd have knocked that back and kept him to his contract too..
LOL, Saints providing us with a deadline. We own the contract on the player dipshits...

The way they're throwing around contracts it wouldn't surprise me if after missing out on Brad Hill they offered Bell 900k a year to play.

I see it now - the way forward is now incredibly simple. Belly, you genius!

Step 1) Hill to Melbourne for pick 3 and a future 2nd rounder.
Step 2) Langdon to St Kilda for pick 18.
Step 3) Sit back and watch the world burn!
nintchdbpict0002529843711.jpg

EFA.

And we're the dodgy ones here :oops:

imperial_oz is right, this stinks big time. The Aints never had any intention of doing a fair deal.
Love the EFA - “Sources close to the deal confirmed St Kilda provided the Dockers with several opportunities to bend over and be sodomised”

Very fair reflection you have summarised esp. when it comes to Tom Morris.

Im sure the Saints will come back now with an alternative offer but is obvious they needed to keep 2020 1st and 2nd for other offers which incl. Max King next year.

Seems Newnes is likely to resign - does that now mean someone like Blake Acres gets pushed out??

The Saints could get 12 upgraded to 10 as part of Doogie Howser trade and get in pick 24 from Geelong by trading their 2020 third round pick with Stevens. In order below:

22 (Mel)> Langdon
5,25 (Syd)> 7,22
10, 24, Blake Acres (St K)> BHill, 2020 4th
Menadue (Rich) > 82

5, 10, 24 (Henry), 25, 26

So, I just read an AFL article about the Hill trade and how it may effect our bid for Henry.
It included the following comment;
"It would be a major blow if an opposition club lodged a bid for him [Henry] between Fremantle's current top selection (No.7) and whatever the Hill compensation ends up being. – Marc McGowan"

Can somebody explain that to me? Why would it be a major blow?
If the BHill deal still gets done, then Freo will now likely have several picks after pick #7, which we can use as points to match the Henry bid (less 20%).
Freo's chances of matching the bid for Henry are actually better if we don't get pick #6. If we had have got #6 and used #6 & #7 to pick 2 quality drafts and then another team made a bid on Henry at #8 ... that was surely our worst case scenario where we would have had to use all our remaining picks and most likely some 2020 futures to match the bid (less 20%).
Is there something I don't understand here?
That is, #6 & #7 would mean we likely still draft two players other than Henry with those two picks. Let's then say another club bids for Henry at #11. We now need to find 1,063 trade points if we want to match that bid and get Henry. #26 won't cut it. If we also had let's say #22 for Ed Langdon, that would mean we would use #22 + #26 and be left given pick #36.
In contrast, if we get #12 & #18 instead of #6, and Henry has a bid at #11, we would use #12, still have #18 and get #56 (NB: #18 becomes #19 and #56 becomes 57, etc...).
So instead of #6, #7, Henry, #36 we would get #7, Henry, #18, #22, #26, #56 ... which would be good for us given we need to find about 8 players this trade period.

I feel I must be ignorant of something, because it seems people keep trying to tell me that a possible #12 & #18 instead of #6 will be bad for us, when I just don't see why (ie. I prefer #18, #22, #26, #56 rather than #6, #36 given our player requirements for 2020).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Serious question to you dockers... what do you think of Bell? Do you think he'll last very much longer in his role?
Serious answer...
Yes.
He doesnt have to agree to anything in regards Hill. Deadline...like WTF?...You guys might still get him, but we wont roll over.
Deadline...ha ha....our deadline on Hill is in like 2 years....

Serious answer...
Yes.
He doesnt have to agree to anything in regards Hill. Deadline...like WTF?...You guys might still get him, but we wont roll over.
Deadline...ha ha....our deadline on Hill is in like 2 years....

Can't say I know much about your inner workings etc. along with the Hogan trade etc., but seems he's at risk of further making a mockery of freo at the sake of his own ego.. even if his aim is to advantage freo... seems the saints gave a more than generous offer and he risked the whole deal for greed? not sure if he's the right person to help your clubs image and get back on track after lyon..

Well it's interesting to read the Saints board, I have never been there before this trade period and now wish I never had.
Mostly expecting an ultimatum on a player with two years on his contract to be handed over by a certain time of their choosing or else?
The best post was some guy feeling special because they had won a flag and we hadn't. 120 odd years with 90 of them in the old VFL would give you plenty of chances. No mention of the multitude of spoons however.
They promised Hill the world and delivered a second hand atlas.

Well it's interesting to read the Saints board, I have never been there before this trade period and now wish I never had.
Mostly expecting an ultimatum on a player with two years on his contract to be handed over by a certain time of their choosing or else?
The best post was some guy feeling special because they had won a flag and we hadn't. 120 odd years with 90 of them in the old VFL would give you plenty of chances. No mention of the multitude of spoons however.
They promised Hill the world and delivered a second hand atlas.
A flag? By one point, in 1966.
What about the most amount of wooden spoons in VFL/AFL history. They forgot that part. Double the amount of second most.
Great culture.

Can't say I know much about your inner workings etc. along with the Hogan trade etc., but seems he's at risk of further making a mockery of freo at the sake of his own ego.. even if his aim is to advantage freo... seems the saints gave a more than generous offer and he risked the whole deal for greed? not sure if he's the right person to help your clubs image and get back on track after lyon..

You sound unaware of anything, do you know how stupid you sound? Umm "Can't say I know much" Umm "Etc Etc" Umm "Seems like"

Does your club even have an image?

Spot on here, I'd hate for us to become the new St Kilda.

As soon as they started cooling off due to their ‘medical’, just knew St Kilda would try and low ball. They don’t want to give up any first rounders. Their plan all along is King next year.
They get Hill, Ryder, Jones for cheap.
Lol Victorians actually think we care about their crappy vfl premierships 😂😂😂😂

Tom Morris realises St Kilda can’t trade their first rounder and third rounder for next year because of AFL trading rules?

How can a ‘journalist’ make something like that up and actually get listened to?

This is funny. Your side employed a bloke who was fired because he acted inappropriately with his subordinates. That’s making a mockery of St. Kilda. Actually St. Kilda makes a mockery of the entire competition by its very existence.

The offer wasn’t generous. It was niggardly.
And this is the Freo board. Go back and infest your own board.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back