Prediction North’s 2020 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

I really don’t care about our draw. It’s a case of you reap what you sow. I’m actually surprised we kept Good Friday considering the turnout for that game this year.

The fact if we want a better draw we need two things:

1. Get arses on seats
2. Play a more appealing brand of football.

It’s that simple. Make money for the AFL and the AFL will look after you.

It is however a rort that both Richmond and the Lions get easy draws considering they both finished top 4.

The AFL use the more supported teams to drive profits and line their own pockets with bonuses.

We’re never given the chance to grow because we get the scraps of the time slots.

Champion data are complete *******s, however they have our draw ranked mid table and the aints the second easiest draw in the comp.. if I recall correctly, there was not a lot seperatinh the two teams..

The draw is a farce, its comical, its infuriating and its beyond fair. This is supposed to be a professional competition? How the duck is this a professional comp when the draw is not parity?

its punch yourself to the face kind of s**t!

Brisbane at 13. Hahahahaha.

Richmond at 7. Seems legit.

Brand dilution via stealth.

If we don't get out of this quagmire of mediocrity shortly, then we may miss out on an entire generation of supporters.

Let’s we ever thought otherwise, success will have to be achieved off our own backs.

Which is what it’s always been.

....................AND AGAINST THE ODDS!

Unfortunately, we don't currently have the calibre of administration that got us off the mat in the past.

The draw is terrible for the club commercially but the worrying aspect is the 5 free to air games. When they come for us, and rest assured the vultures will, that will be their metric. We're being pushed further off Broadway - into Bass Strait actually.- "for strategic reasons". Our only chance is to arrest this on-field mediocrity and turn the #£%★ up to games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Legend has it that the great Lidge 'joked' about closing down freeways as part of a protest campaign circa 2007.

His cause? His agenda? His raison d'etre?

The plight of the North Melbourne Football Club est 1869. Lidge was willing to fight guerilla-style against certain unnamed enemies.

Some people said this was too extreme, that it would turn the common man against the cause.

Others said that action needed to be taken, that in a war against the mainstream media, any publicity was necessary publicity.

Thankfully nothing ever came of these suggestions.

History will tell us that JB and co saved the day, and the late Lidge would be forever remembered for his part in the Roosistence.

Well sir, you tell me, when do we, the last remaining Shinboners, decide enough is enough, and reconsider our options?

The world has changed, not necessarily for the better, we live in strange in times indeed.

There are turkeys glueing themselves to major roads in order to protest against people breathing out carbon ffs.

What once seemed 'extreme' now appears relatively run of the mill, 'acceptable', passe even.

One thing that hasn't changed is somebody seems to want this club relocated, and as you know full well, relocation = death.

Five games in Tassie in 2020, you say?

Sun Tzu had some wisdom to offer for those in our situation.

Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness.

Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness.

On SEN tonight I heard a few old Royboys phoning in to complain about just 4 games for the Brisbane Lions in Melbourne in 2020, plus one in Geelong.

Yet in the slaughter of Fitzroy in 1996, the AFL promised, from memory, 8 Brisbane games (perhaps it was 7 but 8 sounds more like it) in Melbourne, every year, to "look after" those old Royboys.

Look how well that promise looks today.

THIS IS WHAT WE HAVE TO BE VERY VERY AFRAID OF, AS STEP BY SUBTLE (NOT VERY) STEP, THE AFL MANOUEVRES US TO PLAY MORE GAMES IN TASMANIA.

IT HAS TO STOP OR WE TOO LIKE BRISBANE WILL BECOME IRRELEVANT IN OUR CONNECTION WITH VICTORIA AS AN AFL CLUB.

On SEN tonight I heard a few old Royboys phoning in to complain about just 4 games for the Brisbane Lions in Melbourne in 2020, plus one in Geelong.

Yet in the slaughter of Fitzroy in 1996, the AFL promised, from memory, 8 Brisbane games (perhaps it was 7 but 8 sounds more like it) in Melbourne, every year, to "look after" those old Royboys.

Look how well that promise looks today.

THIS IS WHAT WE HAVE TO BE VERY VERY AFRAID OF, AS STEP BY SUBTLE (NOT VERY) STEP, THE AFL MANOUEVRES US TO PLAY MORE GAMES IN TASMANIA.

IT HAS TO STOP OR WE TOO LIKE BRISBANE WILL BECOME IRRELEVANT IN OUR CONNECTION WITH VICTORIA AS AN AFL CLUB.
Relax ... Ben Buckley will never allow that to happen to us

We want to avoid playing Geelong and Hawthorn away from Melbourne.
It’s considered a neutral home game but reality is it’s bullshit. I don’t and will never attend a game there.
We’ve won twice at both grounds in the last 15 years.
How many times have we played either of them at Hobart? None.

I can cop a trip to Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth.

Kardinia Park, Launceston and yes even Hobart shouldnt be playing host to AFL football.

Hard to believe in 2013 we had 15 games in Melbourne.
We need to play finals. But the next thing I want it is for Tassie to kick us out.
I’m happy to play two games in Ballarat.

It’s considered a neutral home game but reality is it’s bullshit. I don’t and will never attend a game there.

Kardinia Park, Launceston and yes even Hobart shouldnt be playing host to AFL football.

We need to play finals. But the next thing I want it is for Tassie to kick us out.
If Tasmania get their own team,then North will be out by around 2024,otherwise North will be in Tasmania for a long time to come,because the Tassie government has stated several times they plan on keeping North and Hawks here if we miss out on our own team.

So glad I turned off auto-renew. Kids footy on Sundays means I'll get to f all games. Even the 5 game option will be a donation :thumbsdown:

I was too slack and didn’t get around to deactivating the auto-renew. Really wishing I had done it now.

can only blame the club for this....

I will never understand people gloating about noy buying a membership - so glad I turned off auto-renew - and then sooking about the crap draw we go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back