News 2019 Rumour File - discuss rumours here! (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

1 head coach, 4 assistant, compared to

Brisbane - 1 head coach, 5 assistants
Carlton - 1 head coach, 4 assistants
Collingwood - 1 head coach, 4 assistants
Fremantle - 1 head coach, 4 assistants
Geelong - 1 head coach, 4 assistants
Gold Coast - 1 head coach, 4 assistants
GWS - 1 head coach, 5 assistants and a DoC.
Melbourne - 1 head coach, 3 assistants and a DoC
North Melbourne - 1 head coach, 3 assistants and a DoC
Port - 1 head coach, 5 assistants
St Kilda - 1 head coach, 4 assistants
Sydney - 1 head coach, 3 assistants
West Coast - 1 head coach, 5 assistants
Western Bulldogs - 1 head coach, 5 assistants

Few missing because I couldn't find updated lists for them, but most are around the same mark as us.

Who are our 4? Godden Mattner, Hart and?

Seriously you have one or the other it's bloody common sense

Guess you can ask silly questions though if you like

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The notion of underspending one year and overspending the difference the next year without incurring a tax on said difference isn't so radical as to be outside the realms of possibility.

FFS, we always go on about making people more accountable and responsible. In addition, the less involved, the less possible mixed messages.

Well guess what. This decision solves both these problems.

More than happy with it and some on this board carry on like Henny Penny at times.
Do you believe the club?

I can live with the lack of a senior assistant, at this stage of our rebuild.

The big one for me is the head of football role. They absolutely, 100% cannot afford to get this one wrong. Our next decade depends on this appointment. Spend the frickin' money already.

I can live with the lack of a senior assistant, at this stage of our rebuild.

The big one for me is the head of football role. They absolutely, 100% cannot afford to get this one wrong. Our next decade depends on this appointment. Spend the frickin' money already.
I can live with a bee-guarder as Head of Football for a while, if we fill the position with the right person in 2020. Trouble is, no-one of the right calibre is likely to be available before end 2020 so we'd be 12 months with the position sort of vacant.

Assistant coaches? OK everyone gets a year but they're on notice, and we use the year to sound out and recruit the right people. The club won't say that in public and neither should they; no good can come from the world and the media knowing that's the situation (even if it's obvious).

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The AGM should be rocking next year

Q: Was Scott Camporeale given a new contract in the review period? If so why

Q: What were the total payout figures for those staff that left? Did this impact our decision making going forward?

Q: Why the hell are you still Chairing this meeting?

What probably happened with Brad Crouch is his manager knows last trade period was a good opportunity to get Brad a really good contract offer a year before free agency and just coming off an injury free, best and fairest year.

Set the price to $1 mill a year. Clubs said, you have to be joking...so he came back with $800k for 5 years.

McClure, as he always ******* does with anything Adelaide, took small grains of truth and winds the sensationalism upto 100.

Hes a cockroach. I hope Brad signs before round 1 and gives him the finger.

So Sam has climbed out of his hiding hole after getting absolutely destroyed over the Mason Cox to Essendon rumour.

Surprise, surprise it’s an Adelaides “story” to get his wheels back in motion. He needs to thank Tom Browne for being around because if it wasn’t for him then the fraud spotlight would be heavily focused on McLure

What probably happened with Brad Crouch is his manager knows last trade period was a good opportunity to get Brad a really good contract offer a year before free agency and just coming off an injury free, best and fairest year.

Set the price to $1 mill a year. Clubs said, you have to be joking...so he came back with $800k for 5 years.

McClure, as he always ******* does with anything Adelaide, took small grains of truth and winds the sensationalism upto 100.

Hes a cockroach. I hope Brad signs before round 1 and gives him the finger.
BCrouch wanted a long-term deal sorted this off-season knowing it was a career year and he's never strung multiple years together. He absolutely wanted that here, to claim he was "desperate" to leave is misrepresenting the facts as I know them. That's not to say he wouldn't have taken a deal elsewhere, but there's a lot of mayo on that story, which isn't a surprise from the likes of Macclure and Barrett.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back