Resource 2019 Draft Watch (we have picks 6 24 25 39 46)

Who will we take with our first pick (#6) in the 2019 draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be more than happy if we end up with;
Pick 6 - Fischer McAsey (KEY FWD/DEF)
Pick 22 - Will Gould (GEN DEF)
Pick 23 - Cooper Stephens (TALL MID)
Pick 37 - Harry Schoenberg (GEN MID)
Pick 45 - Emerson Jeka (KEY FWD/RUCK)

:)

No, not me. Too many inside footballers, too much height. Jeka is a hard no. One of Cooper Stephens and Schoenberg.

A good reference if you are looking for player highlights.

I really like the look of Brock Smith. Just wins the one on ones, very strong overhead. If he is there with 45, I'd take him (based on highlights and reviews only!) A great back pocket / HBF

No, not me. Too many inside footballers, too much height. Jeka is a hard no. One of Cooper Stephens and Schoenberg.
I see Jeka as a bit of a Free hit, he was touted as top 5 18months ago, injury and attitude has held him back, but get those things right and I still think he could be anything.

Might be able to get him later too

A high risk super high reward pick
Surely he doesn’t slide to 37, when does WCE have their first pick?

Dylan Williams has been growing on me a bit in the past couple of weeks too, wouldn’t mind taking a chance on him at 23 despite his injury/form problems, could develop into a Stevie J type at best I think

Yep I love Taylor and Sharp at 22 and 23 two WA boys bring them over together. Just what we need if we take McAsey with 6
Not nearly as big on Sharp myself, has that speed/endurance combo but his kicking and contested work really worry me. Seems like a technical issue with his foot skills too, which can be hard to overcome

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've come down to a real tough question today

Do we take the best mid we can at our first pick, or the best tall?

For me, either the most silky midfielder, or best key defender.

Though at 6 you could run the gauntlet on Kemp.

We've come down to a real tough question today

Do we take the best mid we can at our first pick, or the best tall?
Best Mid for me, look back through the recent premiership teams and they all have elite players running though their midfield.

Richmond had Dylan Grimes and Astbury as their main defenders last year in their flag winning side - Grimes taken in the preseason draft and Astbury was taken in round 3... Their midfield consisted of Martin, Cotchin and Prestia - all top 10 picks.

You can find a descent defender later in the draft, but you would be very lucky to find an elite mid later in the draft.

We wouldn't do it but imagine Young and Gould being your kickers out of defensive 50.
Or Lachie Ash dodging around the man on the mark, running and bouncing for 50 metres before launching a long, low penetrating missile that hits a hard leading Tex on the tit at half forward......similar to Lachie's play at the Championships that set up the Brodie Kemp goal. ;)

Obviously!

And here was me thinking you obviously meant it wasn't really Victoria...how dumb am I ;)

In much the same way our former captain from Broken Hill isn't really from NSW. I grew up in SA but have been in Canberra for nearly 30 years now. Driving 'home' from Canberra you really felt like Mildura was part of the SA Riverland.

I was in Mt Gambier on the day of the 1989 GF. Being very much a South Australian back then, I didn't really give a toss, but had nothing else to do so I watched it. Dunstall and Ablett both kicked 9. I recall my hosts telling me the town was very much Victorian in its culture. No idea if it is still the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back