Unsolved Gerard Ross - Abducted Kent st Rockingham WA 1997

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably a coincidence but Carmel Barbagallo at the csk trial took some time in examining the kinds of dogs that were owned by BRE. I've seen one, a German Shepherd pup and I think there's mention of a French Bulldog.

Given some dog hairs were found with Gerard, it would be interesting to know if the breed of the dog was identified.

Probably a coincidence but Carmel Barbagallo at the csk trial took some time in examining the kinds of dogs that were owned by BRE. I've seen one, a German Shepherd pup and I think there's mention of a French Bulldog.

Given some dog hairs were found with Gerard, it would be interesting to know if the breed of the dog was identified.
Given what we know about serial killers and that the accused is possibly a serial killer I wonder if those dogs died of natural causes...

Given what we know about serial killers and that the accused is possibly a serial killer I wonder if those dogs died of natural causes...

He abandoned one of the dogs in the house he shared with Wife 1 and someone rang the RSPCA. And that picture of him with the horse? He doesn't like them.

Far as I'm aware, we haven't heard a thing about dog hairs being found on any of the girls so I wonder where Carmel is going with that evidence?

He abandoned one of the dogs in the house he shared with Wife 1 and someone rang the RSPCA. And that picture of him with the horse? He doesn't like them.

Far as I'm aware, we haven't heard a thing about dog hairs being found on any of the girls so I wonder where Carmel is going with that evidence?
Ah yes I forgot he abandoned that dog - another thing not in his favour then. I'm surprised that we already knew a lot of the evidence (that we've been allowed to see) so far but I'm sure there's much more to come out that we don't. I wonder if she may be trying to gather other info that's not related to the current trial, as alluded to, for future use. More charges pending?

Ah yes I forgot he abandoned that dog - another thing not in his favour then. I'm surprised that we already knew a lot of the evidence (that we've been allowed to see) so far but I'm sure there's much more to come out that we don't. I wonder if she may be trying to gather other info that's not related to the current trial, as alluded to, for future use. More charges pending?

The judge wouldn’t allow her to introduce evidence not directly related to the charges, he’d already ruled some out in earlier hearings on that basis. And I think the pressing matter is this current trial, future lines of enquires can follow later.

If the dogs are at all significant I’d have it a guess it’s in relation to these charges and we’ll find out in due course.

Here is the pup
1575113814521.png

Interesting but assume the Brits either couldn't get a profile or they did get one and can't find any kind of match.

Hello, I am new to this thread. This investigation hits close to home for me as I was 13 when Gerard went missing and lived in Safety Bay and always think this could have happened to anyone.

The thing I keep thinking is in regards to the two people trying to get a child into the car the morning of the disappearance in there 30s, What were two men in there 30s doing in the area at 9:30am during a work day? Either they were working nearby or buying drugs from someone nearby. I know the units near kent street have always had some shady people living in some of them,

Also in regards to the story of the a nurse who says a patient at Fremantle Hospital’s emergency department told her, two decades ago, that he knew who killed the boy. Aparrently he was in his 30s and drinking with two other men at a kwinana pub when they told him they did it, maybe Kwinana locals ?

Last edited:
Also the witness who saw the 2 men struggling with the boy said they had a "faded" maroon station wagon. so if it was faded possibly a 1980s model car also maybe a 4WD if it was capable of driving offroad.

Hello, I am new to this thread. This investigation hits close to home for me as I was 13 when Gerard went missing and lived in Safety Bay and always think this could have happened to anyone.

The thing I keep thinking is in regards to the two people trying to get a child into the car the morning of the disappearance in there 30s, What were two men in there 30s doing in the area at 9:30am during a work day? Either they were working nearby or buying drugs from someone nearby. I know the units near kent street have always had some shady people living in some of them,

Also in regards to the story of the a nurse who says a patient at Fremantle Hospital’s emergency department told her, two decades ago, that he knew who killed the boy. Aparrently he was in his 30s and drinking with two other men at a kwinana pub when they told him they did it, maybe Kwinana locals ?

Hi :)

Must have been scary being a kid around that time. It's interesting you mention the units near Kent Street and criminal activity, I had a theory Gerard may have seen something he shouldn't have and threatened to tell.

One day though, I think this case might be solved.

Hi :)

Must have been scary being a kid around that time. It's interesting you mention the units near Kent Street and criminal activity, I had a theory Gerard may have seen something he shouldn't have and threatened to tell.

One day though, I think this case might be solved.
My exact thoughts and the witness saw 2 men arguing with a child at the verge of 68 kent street with the car parked facing towards 105 kent street so possibly saw something further up the road and then he started running back up the road towards 105 when they pulled over and grabbed him. the 2 men and child were also witnessed on the opposite side of the road to the path so wonder why he would have left the footpath and crossed the road? so many questions

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quoted from an article on facebook "Sharing her story for the first time, Rose Jurek, who lived at 72 Kent Street, said she was on her way to visit her daughter when she saw “a scuffle” between two men and a child a few doors down from her unit. She turned right out of her driveway at about 9.30am and was slowly heading south-west towards Wanliss St when she saw something “very unusual” next to a vehicle parked near the road.
"I saw a car parked on the verge and (it looked) as if it was some sort of a fight or incident,” she said.
“There was some sort of pushing going on.“I thought they were arguing, like a couple arguing, so I slowed down when I got close to them, and they just stopped and looked at me, so I thought ‘maybe it’s nothing’.”
Ms Jurek said the car was “a burgundy dark red colour” and that the two men appeared to be aged in their mid-30s, but one was possibly in his 40s.“One (man) had light-coloured hair ... and the other had dark hair and there was a small person in the middle with a hat on.“I only saw the back of his head. He had black hair. “It looked to me as if they were telling the boy off or something,” she said.
“As if they were pushing the boy and that’s what got me, that’s why I thought ‘what’s going on there?’”
“I thought ‘maybe it’s just a little boy being told off by his parents’, I didn’t know, but it looked very unusual.”
The car was parked out the front of 68 Kent Street with its nose facing Alexandra Street, which is also the direction of the holiday unit where Gerard was staying. There is no evidence to suggest that the vehicle or the people were linked to 68 Kent Street.“They were between the car and the house,” she said.
“It looked as if something was going on, so it attracted my attention.”
The Kwinana grandmother said she could not articulate the vehicle model because she “did not know about cars”.“It was a two-wheel drive car and it was a reddish burgundy colour,” she said.
“I didn’t look at it too much because I was more interested in what was happening.”
As she drove past them, the scuffle momentarily stopped, and the men glared at her.
“I drove slowly past them to the intersection at Wanliss Street,” she said.
“I looked in my rear-view mirror and I saw them shuffling again, so I reversed back a bit.
“They stopped the struggle and they were staring at me to see what I was going to do, if I was going to come back or not.”Ms Jurek said she thought that perhaps the incident was not as serious as it first appeared and felt reluctant to get involved.“They looked at me and I looked at them and thought ‘maybe it’s nothing, I’ll keep my nose out of it’, and I drove off again,” she said.

I meant to ask way back when, do you think the site, or the access track is visible from the CCTV tower at the explosives depot gate house? I know it would be now, but back when it had trees.

Sent from my SM-A305YN using Tapatalk
I just spotted this. Sorry. I doubt the spot would be seen from the tower. But it depends on where the tower is as the spot could be possibly seen from the South East as the sun would shine along the track.

Has anyone heard how many days the Ross family were in their holiday accommodation at 105 Kent St before Gerard was abducted?

Had the Ross boys been to the comic shop previously?
I read somewhere that they had been the weekend before

Quoted from an article on facebook "Sharing her story for the first time, Rose Jurek, who lived at 72 Kent Street, said she was on her way to visit her daughter when she saw “a scuffle” between two men and a child a few doors down from her unit. She turned right out of her driveway at about 9.30am and was slowly heading south-west towards Wanliss St when she saw something “very unusual” next to a vehicle parked near the road.
"I saw a car parked on the verge and (it looked) as if it was some sort of a fight or incident,” she said.
“There was some sort of pushing going on.“I thought they were arguing, like a couple arguing, so I slowed down when I got close to them, and they just stopped and looked at me, so I thought ‘maybe it’s nothing’.”
Ms Jurek said the car was “a burgundy dark red colour” and that the two men appeared to be aged in their mid-30s, but one was possibly in his 40s.“One (man) had light-coloured hair ... and the other had dark hair and there was a small person in the middle with a hat on.“I only saw the back of his head. He had black hair. “It looked to me as if they were telling the boy off or something,” she said.
“As if they were pushing the boy and that’s what got me, that’s why I thought ‘what’s going on there?’”
“I thought ‘maybe it’s just a little boy being told off by his parents’, I didn’t know, but it looked very unusual.”
The car was parked out the front of 68 Kent Street with its nose facing Alexandra Street, which is also the direction of the holiday unit where Gerard was staying. There is no evidence to suggest that the vehicle or the people were linked to 68 Kent Street.“They were between the car and the house,” she said.
“It looked as if something was going on, so it attracted my attention.”
The Kwinana grandmother said she could not articulate the vehicle model because she “did not know about cars”.“It was a two-wheel drive car and it was a reddish burgundy colour,” she said.
“I didn’t look at it too much because I was more interested in what was happening.”
As she drove past them, the scuffle momentarily stopped, and the men glared at her.
“I drove slowly past them to the intersection at Wanliss Street,” she said.
“I looked in my rear-view mirror and I saw them shuffling again, so I reversed back a bit.
“They stopped the struggle and they were staring at me to see what I was going to do, if I was going to come back or not.”Ms Jurek said she thought that perhaps the incident was not as serious as it first appeared and felt reluctant to get involved.“They looked at me and I looked at them and thought ‘maybe it’s nothing, I’ll keep my nose out of it’, and I drove off again,” she said.
Isnt it strange that she seen this at around 9.30am and Gerard and his brother left about 9.30am so if it was Gerard she saw whatever happened took place not long after he left home 🤨

I think the possibilities could be 1) He seen something he shouldn't have 2) Ransom gone wrong 3) Someone had a grudge against the police. The fact that there was no sexual assault and he still had money in his pocket seems very strange. The police probs know who did it just waiting for the breakthrough in evidence. Does anyone know where the public toilet they spoke about was located?

I think the possibilities could be 1) He seen something he shouldn't have 2) Ransom gone wrong 3) Someone had a grudge against the police. The fact that there was no sexual assault and he still had money in his pocket seems very strange. The police probs know who did it just waiting for the breakthrough in evidence. Does anyone know where the public toilet they spoke about was located?

I think it was further towards the beach, not on the route he was suspected to have taken but kids do random things.

Its a very strange scenario, if the lady who drove by is to be believed. What could two men be possibly arguing about with a young person? If he felt threatened why didn't he run when they all stopped and watched the car go past? Did he see something he shouldn't have? Did he look in their car and see something? Did he take something? Did he run into them or their car? Did they try to steal his cap? or his money? I just don't understand what could have been going on.

Its a very strange scenario, if the lady who drove by is to be believed. What could two men be possibly arguing about with a young person? If he felt threatened why didn't he run when they all stopped and watched the car go past? Did he see something he shouldn't have? Did he look in their car and see something? Did he take something? Did he run into them or their car? Did they try to steal his cap? or his money? I just don't understand what could have been going on.
Yeah it is really bizarre and she says it was like they were arguing with each other/ the boy so why didnt he run off, did they threaten him? did he try crossing through someones yard and they chased him in thier car? the timing is too close and doesnt leave much time for him to have walked to far so would have to have happened within a short radius.

Also the fact she reported it before he was reported missing makes me believe her story

'.... so I slowed down when I got close to them, and they just stopped and looked at me ...' it's this part of her statement that i can't figure out?? If he was being accosted, would he have kept fighting? Or was he frozen with fear?

'.... so I slowed down when I got close to them, and they just stopped and looked at me ...' it's this part of her statement that i can't figure out?? If he was being accosted, would he have kept fighting? Or was he frozen with fear?
Maybe they had hold of him still or they had a weapon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back