What team is the most "hated" or supported against.

What team do you dislike the most?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't split Carlton and Essendon personally.
Hawthorn just behind by a whisker, only because I respect them as a club more despite my intense loathing of them.

It's more than obvious that the media hates Hawthorn with a passion.....Green & salty, Sour Jelly beans.
Really.

Hawthorn are liked and admired. They are successful but dont have that strong persona that engenders strong feeling.

I hate Carlton, Essendon and Richmond. Melbourne give me the sh-ts. I dont like other clubs as such but the Hawks are nice. They are a green leafy suburb when it comes to it. I dont hear anyone hate them with any passion. Hawks dont stir passion like a lot of other clubs do. They are successful and thats about it.

Really.

Hawthorn are liked and admired. They are successful but dont have that strong persona that engenders strong feeling.

I hate Carlton, Essendon and Richmond. Melbourne give me the sh-ts. I dont like other clubs as such but the Hawks are nice. They are a green leafy suburb when it comes to it. I dont hear anyone hate them with any passion. Hawks dont stir passion like a lot of other clubs do. They are successful and thats about it.

Really???....Maybe you should try visiting the Cats, Bombers & Swans boards then.

Going to take a guess that all the votes for GWS are from Dogs supporters.

Surprisingly there are zero votes for the Dogs meaning Giants fans either haven't seen the thread or don't share in the rivalry the same.

I hate Carlton the most followed by the Hawks then Richmond.

The worst supporters on here are the likes of Carlton, Hawthorn, North and Richmond.

I hate Carlton the most followed by the Hawks then Richmond.

The worst supporters on here are the likes of Carlton, Hawthorn, North and Richmond.

In other words, the Big 4 who dominated the VFL scene from 1967-1991.

Hawthorn ….8 Flags/ 12 Grand Finals
Carlton...…..7 Flags/ 10 Grand Finals
Richmond....5 Flags/ 7 Grand finals
North.Melb...2 Flags/ 5 Grand Finals

In other words, the Big 4 who dominated the VFL scene from 1967-1991.

Hawthorn ….8 Flags/ 12 Grand Finals
Carlton...…..7 Flags/ 10 Grand Finals
Richmond....5 Flags/ 7 Grand finals
North.Melb...2 Flags/ 5 Grand Finals
So a 25 year period before I was born?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It would appear that way ….Interesting how the generation prior continues to haunt the next.
Or maybe it's coincidentally the teams with the biggest flogs on here, rather than a period that I had nothing to do with.

It's possible, I suppose....Though it's purely based upon your own biases.
Honestly didn't really give a s**t about Richmond or North before being on here

Honestly didn't really give a s**t about Richmond or North before being on here

I couldn't say that any one team in particular has a mortgage on 'stupid & annoying'.....I certainly enjoy the 'rag-play' from time to time, from the Cats & Bombers posters the most.....They are our 2 biggest rivalries, after all....I'm finding the Giants posters to be far & away the most ignorant & mouthy currently, of all things in the AFL industry. But I guess that's understandable given their recent entry & relative success.

I couldn't say that any one team in particular has a mortgage on 'stupid & annoying'.....I certainly enjoy the 'rag-play' from time to time, from the Cats & Bombers posters the most.....They are our 2 biggest rivalries, after all....I'm finding the Giants posters to be far & away the most ignorant & mouthy currently, of all things in the AFL industry. But I guess that's understandable given their recent entry & relative success.
See I found the GWS fans to be great, especially so since making the grand final. Good bunch.

It may just be that the success of the clubs noted across that time-frame gave rise to a larger than average representation of w***er supporters.

That premise hardly stands up when you consider the 2 most hated clubs in the poll have 1 flag each these past 20 years.

However, given the Blues fall from grace into Saints-like form this century, one can certainly understand the motive behind your invective.

If there's one group of supporters who are currently receiving a stern lesson in humility, then it's most assuredly Carlton.

Back