Remove this Banner Ad

WonderT

The realistic logo guy
Apr 11, 2019
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Renegades
My first portfolio! I've been working on creating realistic versions of all of the AFL team logos.
The process has been both fun and challenging, as it is quite different from the work I usually do.
All the designs are created using stock photos and put together using Photoshop. All feedback is more than welcome.

I have a handful created already and hopefully this portfolio will motivate me to create all 18.

I'll start it off with...
Brisbane Lions
BrisbaneLions.jpg

This was the first one I created and I really liked how it turned out. I wanted to not only recreate the lion, but challenge myself to make 3D text effects with lighting.

More to come. Stay tuned

Last edited:

Next up, it's the...

West Coast Eagles
Web_0001_WestCoast2.jpg

It was challenging trying to incorporate yellow and blue into the eagle without it looking unnatural, so I'm pretty happy with how this one turned out. If anyone has requests or ideas of what to do for the more abstract team logos (Giants, Saints, Carlton, Melbourne, etc...) let me know.

Last edited:
This is awesome.

An idea for Melbourne would to do like a fire drum cutout of the logo. I've purposely found examples of other teams as to not influence you too much

IMG_0824.JPG

My first portfolio! I've been working on creating realistic versions of all of the AFL team logos.
The process has been both fun and challenging, as it is quite different from the work I usually do.
All the designs are created using stock photos and put together using Photoshop. All feedback is more than welcome.

I have a handful created already and hopefully this portfolio will motivate me to create all 18.

I'll start it off with...
Brisbane Lions
View attachment 815379

This was the first one I created and I really liked how it turned out. I wanted to not only recreate the lion, but challenge myself to make 3D text effects with lighting.

More to come. Stay tuned
These are awesome. My only real critique is that the background and the text are blending into each other (especially on mobile) so it's hard to read the text. Other than that, great work!

Thanks everyone for the kind words. Looking forward to having a complete set.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If anyone has requests or ideas of what to do for the more abstract team logos (Giants, Saints, Carlton, Melbourne, etc...) let me know.
Giants can be a map of NSW 🤪

Carlton you've at least got a footy, a wreath and ribbon to work with, I've forgotten what the frilly bits in the middle are called though. They have to be somewhat realistic though, right?

Melbourne had their realistic logo in 2011, so you're sorted there :p
melbourne-demons-logo-png-6.png

Next up, its the...

West Coast Eagles
View attachment 816860

It was challenging trying to incorporate yellow and blue into the eagle without it looking unnatural, so I'm pretty happy with how this one turned out. If anyone has requests or ideas of what to do for the more abstract team logos (Giants, Saints, Carlton, Melbourne, etc...) let me know.
Saints should be easy (well, in comparison to some of the other designs you have done), just a big metal shield with a banner around the bottom.

If anyone has requests or ideas of what to do for the more abstract team logos (Giants, Saints, Carlton, Melbourne, etc...) let me know.
Re: the Giants logo. The "G" is also meant to represent the Great Sydney Area. With the internal part of the "G" being the Sydney Harbour and Parramatta River.
This could be something to work off.

If you had posted this one month earlier you could have clutched Portfolio of the Year, dang. Can't wait to see the Pies one.

Haha, well hopefully I should be finished all the teams in time for this year's award. Keep an eye out, working on Collingwood at the moment.

These are better than 99% of anything any of the clubs put out. * them all off and just have wonder t.

Have you posted this one elsewhere ever? I swear I've seen this before, and not in a "you've stolen this" way either.

I'd LOVE to see a version of the previous Richmond logo. Much cooler looking. Though k suspect anything you do will look ****.

These are better than 99% of anything any of the clubs put out. fu** them all off and just have wonder t.

Have you posted this one elsewhere ever? I swear I've seen this before, and not in a "you've stolen this" way either.

I'd LOVE to see a version of the previous Richmond logo. Much cooler looking. Though k suspect anything you do will look ****.

Thanks so much. No I haven't posted these anywhere. I probably will once the set is complete.

This thread got a lot more attention than I thought it might. Thank you everyone for all of your feedback. I love reading your replies.
Here is the next logo for you. And it's...

Collingwood
Web_0000_Collingwood.jpg

If there's interest, I can post some progress pictures showing off some Photoshop techniques I use. I can also post the original images I used to create the logos. Let me know if you would like me to do that.

Marvellous idea and great thread. Very clever and unique and will be following for sure. Looking forward to the tiger. Well done

Remove this Banner Ad

Back