Training 2020 Training - pics, reports etc

Remove this Banner Ad

:) yeah, my considerations weren’t considering Charlie. But I’m also no expert. Just musing.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

My feelings come from my obsession with having a fast and dynamic team and i see both of them as being quite slow, i would also love to see SOS down back at some stage.

Time will tell, hopefully MK is over his injuries and can show us what he's made of.

Just watched the last game that Cripps and Doc played together which was Rd 16 2017, and surprisingly Doc spent the whole game in the middle including centre bounces, now while I think Doc should stick to the half back role until he is well and truly back in the groove it does give us an extra rotation option using half back flankers rather than half forward.

We could rotate between say Doc and Stocker or SpS or even Willo if he shows a propensity to play in the guts, just gives us another layer to add to the midfield rotations and is certainly worth exploring further down the track as the more good ball users in the side the better IMO.

Are you suggesting doc should play midfield full time?

My feelings come from my obsession with having a fast and dynamic team and i see both of them as being quite slow, i would also love to see SOS down back at some stage.

Time will tell, hopefully MK is over his injuries and can show us what he's made of.

I can see what you mean re the Pace. Would require the right types around the two of them to work. But I think the two of them can take pressure/stand up in tackles and create space with clever handpasses to potential mitigate the lack of leg speed. But, once again, I speculate.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Martin and Cuningham seeing as much time in the middle as they have this preseason is interesting. There’s enough evidence now to suggest they’ll be pinch hitting quite a bit. Not sure where that leaves Gibbons
....in the remaining 20....all three are in our best 22.

I can see Gibbo transitioning into the midfield more regularly this year, with the aim of largely taking over Murph's role as he disappears into the sunset.

....in the remaining 20....all three are in our best 22.

I can see Gibbo transitioning into the midfield more regularly this year, with the aim of largely taking over Murph's role as he disappears into the sunset.
From a long term perspective tbh I think that’ll be Dows spot, (Cripps ,Setters, Dow, Walsh) would be ideal. here’s hoping anyway. Maybe your right Gibbons might grow beyond belief but he’s 24 going on 25 (maybe this is his ceiling) Ive got nothing against the bloke just realities of AFL footy the odds aren’t stacked heavily in his favour

Charlie not doing anything.

McKay and McGovern running, not sure about contact work.

Macreadie sort of the same.

Marchbank close to fully integrated by now?

Nil other concerns, if I remember correctly.

More info to come on Saturday if there is a training session prior to family day.

Plow, you are too valuable here to be lost to the field of medicine.

I hope you never finish your medical studies and end up wasting your time healing people in the real world.... OR you become one of those doctors who is so successful he spends half his time golfing (but you go to Carlton training instead of playing golf).
The choice is yours...

:p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From a long term perspective tbh I think that’ll be Dows spot, (Cripps ,Setters, Dow, Walsh) would be ideal. here’s hoping anyway. Maybe your right Gibbons might grow beyond belief but he’s 24 going on 25 (maybe this is his ceiling) Ive got nothing against the bloke just realities of AFL footy the odds aren’t stacked heavily in his favour

I wouldn't have thought Gibbo had reached his ceiling, I mean he only came into our program at this time last year (for the camp) With this being his first full AFL pre-season I think he's got a load more to show us. Best 22 for me

Martin and Cuningham seeing as much time in the middle as they have this preseason is interesting. There’s enough evidence now to suggest they’ll be pinch hitting quite a bit. Not sure where that leaves Gibbons
Outside of the 22 for mine, but also possibly the first to be called upon if there's an injury to a smaller mid/fwd type. I've got him behind Murph, Cuningham, Fisher, Martin, Betts for those type of roles. Murph & Eddie are on the wrong side of 30 while DC, ZF & JM have all missed a few games in recent time.

Still expect we'll see quite a fair bit of him in 2020, just maybe not round 1.... although it also wouldn't surprise me if Teague picked a more 'senior' team for round 1 which included Gibbo, Newnes, etc

Just watched the last game that Cripps and Doc played together which was Rd 16 2017, and surprisingly Doc spent the whole game in the middle including centre bounces, now while I think Doc should stick to the half back role until he is well and truly back in the groove it does give us an extra rotation option using half back flankers rather than half forward.

We could rotate between say Doc and Stocker or SpS or even Willo if he shows a propensity to play in the guts, just gives us another layer to add to the midfield rotations and is certainly worth exploring further down the track as the more good ball users in the side the better IMO.

Was pretty obvious before DOc's knee injury he was starting to move into the midfield a little bit more and the next year or 2 would have become another midfielder. He was given the backline into midfield development. Be interesting to see how his knee injuries change his position progression going forward. If we get a fit Williamson as a HBF, Doc is primed to move up the ground.

Plow, you are too valuable here to be lost to the field of medicine.

I hope you never finish your medical studies and end up wasting your time healing people in the real world.... OR you become one of those doctors who is so successful he spends half his time golfing (but you go to Carlton training instead of playing golf).
The choice is yours...

:p

Finished my studies late last year. It's been good so far, but I have zero control over working hours as a junior so I'll likely miss some games this year. :(

Hopefully that changes in 10 years so I can structure working hours around training and match times!

May or may not have gone to training today....

cant be sure...

IF i did go and if I felt like sharing...

its possible some encouraging signs regarding progress for MCG were seen. And marchbank. It’s also possible sps stepped ip his running after his recent lay off.

I could be making it up. Can’t say for sure.

it’s also possible mckay did nothing. There’s perhaps a possibility Cunners showed more evidence of his increased tank. And that Jack S showed he’s flying and in full training again. It’s possible Plow did intervals and showed kemp what it’s about

if indeed I DID go today my current round one prediction would be

jones doc Weiters Simmo SPs newman plow

Kreuzer Crippa cunners Walsh setters muprh ed

mcg Kennedy SOs Casboult Martin betts

two of newnes Gibbo and fish. Zero idea which two. I’d be guessing.

of course today wasn’t an open session so how would I know?
No Harry? Won't get up for round 1?
Was his non-training part of his managed build-up, or should we be a bit concerned that all is not improving as we would like?
The latish addition of Moore adds further concern imo.

No Harry? Won't get up for round 1?
Was his non-training part of his managed build-up, or should we be a bit concerned that all is not improving as we would like?
The latish addition of Moore adds further concern imo.

The players have all been managed at various stages throughout the preseason, so I wouldn't jump to any conclusions at this stage.

Praccy match against Collingwood next Thursday should tell us plenty.

The players have all been managed at various stages throughout the preseason, so I wouldn't jump to any conclusions at this stage.

Even if Harry doesnt play against the pies, doesnt mean anything. Im tipping he wont play and probably wont play a full game in either pre-season game. But will be ready for round 1

Such a slow day on the track today.
Maybe some match sim tomorrow then.

No more than 15 players on the track having some pot shots at goal and then a circle of trust' was formed with a lot of instruction and little else.
Betts took over at one stage and the hands were going all over the place like a traffic cop. That's it.

McKay was out there in the group, but along with others, did very little.
Cuningham looks to have a cold. How's that for a headline?

It was more that Windows1 didn't have Harry in his round 1 side.
Not sure Kennedy and JSOS play together if Harry is not there. I'd pick the one that's more likely to kick 4.1 than 1.4.
De Koning a chance?

It was more that Windows1 didn't have Harry in his round 1 side.
Not sure Kennedy and JSOS play together if Harry is not there. I'd pick the one that's more likely to kick 4.1 than 1.4.
De Koning a chance?

Given the extent of his involvement in training with 1 month to go, I'd have Harry doubtful for round 1.

Such a slow day on the track today.
Maybe some match sim tomorrow then.

No more than 15 players on the track having some pot shots at goal and then a circle of trust' was formed with a lot of instruction and little else.
Betts took over at one stage and the hands were going all over the place like a traffic cop. That's it.

McKay was out there in the group, but along with others, did very little.
Cuningham looks to have a cold. How's that for a headline?

You could understand why it could be a grind to go into the club each day when you are basically doing sfa and probably boring meetings

Remove this Banner Ad

Back