State of Origin

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the top players are stacked with elite talent it's much of a muchness. It's the bottom 6 where VIC have the clear advantage. There are WA players there that don't get close to VICs 22.
And which bottom 6 would they be?

Let's call it what it is,a fund raiser for the unfortunate victims of the bushfires,it's not State of Origin,last time I checked there was no such State as 'All Stars',there's no passionate support for the All Stars same as the ridiculous Allies concept.
Enjoy the game,hopefully it makes a lot of money for those who need it.

It looks nice and 'pretty' because it's basically a glorified training run with players going at 3/4 pace in intensity. Easy for them to neatly execute all these skills when there's barely any real pressure and very little chance anybody is going to really hurt you.

Still it's ok to watch as something different compared to normal crap preseason affairs.
Post of the thread.
I was going to add to it but l decided to erase my dribble.

And which bottom 6 would they be?
Guys like Lobb, Ryan, J Cripps, Hamling, Matera, possibly Rich. You'd have to show me your side for me to pick the bottom 6 but those are some players some people have put in the WA 22.

VIC aren't even playing their best side tonight, so I can't use it as an example. There are guys like Gawn, Stewart, Grimes, De Goey who I would play that push others out so I'd need to put together my own VIC side to compare.

Vics are very lucky to be close here. They are getting smashed and if not for inaccurate kicking from the All Stars, the game would be over already.

Last edited:
Can somebody please tell me why Lachie Weller has TAS on the back of his jumper and Charlie Cameron has WA on the back of his? Weller moved from Tassie to QLD at the age of 15 so fair enough he's considered Tasmanian but why is Cameron considered West Australian when he lived in QLD for the first 17 years of his life and first started playing footy while living in Brisbane? Seems like a contradiction to have Weller considered Tasmanian and not have Cameron considered a Queenslander. Tom Hawkins is another inconsistency given he lived in NSW until 15 when he moved to Melbourne but is out there with NSW on his back and played for Vic Metro at the U18 national championships. Point is - Charlie Cameron should really have QLD on his back unless there's some criteria I'm not aware of?

I seriously hope they're not trying to direct this game. The reason ppl dont attend such charity games is that there's no reason to cheer for any team. Meanwhile NRL State of Origin is loved because it's a real game. The AFL needs such games to be serious even if it's for charity or for families.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big V but I do worry a Crippa and Fyfe double act doing something special.
It should be an even clash because Victoria produces just over half the of players in AFL and the rest the other half.
Us losing Robbie Gray and your motley crew gaining Eddie Betts gives All Stars elite small forwards the edge.
Charlie Cameron and Eddie love working together. In fact I think I change my tip to All Stars on that basis.

Well .. there was no need to worry about “ crippa” and eddie ripping them apart! Lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back