Roast The absolute state of Channel 7 broadcasts

Remove this Banner Ad

Worth a watch. Great call.

Puts channel 7 to shame.

How the hell arent 7 throwing every single dollar they have at this team? BT is a complete embarrassment.

When there is a goal they often just allowed the crowd noise to featured instead of some garbage catch phrase

Being at the ground on Saturday, then watching the replay... how on earth did they fail to capture the atmosphere? The tension and noise in the crowd was insane.

As somebody who was also there, it’s actually staggering what they’ve done to it. It is a historic game and moment that they’ve destroyed. Four half-asleep morons locked in a soundproof room.

I don’t know how the AFL can let their own history be documented like this.

It’s not just poor commentary… the complete absence of any effects and atmosphere audio is appalling.

Maybe one of the greatest callers of all time just gone too soon unfortunately

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app
If I remember correctly there was talk going around at the time that he’d had knocked back an unbelievable amount of money to go over and call American sports for ESPN and instead stay with fox footy.

That shows just how good he was

It pisses me off that Hodge's bias towards Brisbane is overlooked compared to BT's antics.

The guy is completely unprofessional.

EDIT: I just had a listen to the ABC radio call of the game and it was so much better than Triple M or Seven. Much more excitement and atmosphere.
SEN's call was good (Dwayne Russell and Gerard Whateley) Had plenty of drama and atmosphere.

Shocking broadcast, the whole production really needs a reset. Poor video quality, audio barely there, TERRIBLE commentary. Don't know why people rate Hudson either, he's just another Ch 7 type, but on a different channel.
Only tick I gave the broadcast was the 3/4 overhead shot from above/behind the player with the ball - allowed you to see what options there were, gave a better sense of the 3D nature of AFL. As far as I remember, it only got used once or twice. Is the Spider Cam only there for the 'entertainment'? (I don't tune in until bounce time and switch it off at half time, so don't see any entertainment)
They should watch a couple of EPL broadcasts - one pro commentator, one ex-player giving special comments. Crowd noise/atmosphere intact. 30 or 40 seconds can go by without a word being said - which is a long time when you're used to constant, brain numbing discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back