Roast The absolute state of Channel 7 broadcasts

Remove this Banner Ad

Can’t believe people gave Bruce s**t, even at the time. Yeah he wasn’t as good as he used to be and it was time to hang up the mic but he had the ability to capture the feeling of a game like no one else. The last 30 seconds of the 2012 Grand Final is one of the best calls ever imo.

Anyway, Bruce aside because it was time to retire; Taylor is an idiot who doesn’t even care about football and makes it about him.

Brayshaw is diabolical. In my opinion his worst offence is his call of Petracca’s goal in the 2021 GF:

“Petracca. Petracca. Aw wow, how good is that.”

I’d be so disappointed if I were a Dees fan. Give us ******* anything you flog

Richo is the worst commetator in Australia and I'm surprised more ppl dont mention it. He only speaks in a dull boring monotone and chips in with little complaints or pointless observations at random times or when we should be getting excited.

He's never added anything to any moment or had any valuable insight to anything, pathetic he gets so many gigs.

75% of his contribution on the Grand Final was complaining about umpiring decisions or talking about Billy Frampton's role... just STFU already.

SEN had Andy Maher, Mark McClure and Wayne Johnston providing bias carlton commentary during the finals

It's a wonder most teams don't explore it for a small subscription fee for game day during the season

Collingwood could have Tony Shaw and Peter Daicos for example

I was at the game and after watching the replay I’m shocked at how bad it was.

The crowd noise was pathetic on TV. It was deafening at the ground… even the radio call you hear a giant roar. Why can’t they set up mics to get this for tv?

BT is commentating for kids. It’s like a joke. Why can’t we have serious commentary like Denis and Sandy delivered.

The camera work was pathetic. Dying stages let’s film the PM? Why the hell would anyone care
Come on mate we can't have the crowd drown out BT's voice he's the reason we tune in. /sarcasm

SEN had Andy Maher, Mark McClure and Wayne Johnston providing bias carlton commentary during the finals

It's a wonder most teams don't explore it for a small subscription fee for game day during the season

Personally wouldn’t really want it… just my preference.

Just want professional commentators who know how to call a game and convey the emotions.

And it’s about much more than just commentary - they sound like they’re in a soundproof studio offsite.

Take people to the game, ffs! Give them the atmosphere.

The AFL is a Mickey Mouse organisation, as is the media surrounding it. Recycled AFL players in commentary roles. They’re all duds. Need proper professional commentators who have professional media backgrounds.
Any ex player who wants to be a commentator should do the 4 year broadcasting course at waapa / nida etc

I listened to it on K-Rock radio. Absolutely brilliant.
Some of the lesser known radio broadcasts are seriously top notch.

Brayshaw has always been a horrible commentator. He's similar to Eddie McGuire.

This is what a quality commentator sounds like:

That’s the first time I’ve heard it, and that is sensational.

Richo is the worst commetator in Australia and I'm surprised more ppl dont mention it. He only speaks in a dull boring monotone and chips in with little complaints or pointless observations at random times or when we should be getting excited.

He's never added anything to any moment or had any valuable insight to anything, pathetic he gets so many gigs.

75% of his contribution on the Grand Final was complaining about umpiring decisions or talking about Billy Frampton's role... just STFU already.
But but but he’s a good bloke

(Log in to remove this ad.)

unashamed tiggy goggles example of 7s lacklustre commentary

but compare a past-it McAvaney's indifferent commentary of Dusty cementing his third normy with Gerard Whateley (a Cat's supporter no less!) giving the moment all the theatre and gusto he can muster (from 2:35)

7s half-baked standards have been present for years now. It's an indictment on the AFL that we get this garbage from the masthead broadcaster

Sidebar...

But was that a really long 50?
Nah I think they got it almost right.

Mark was taken on the wing, about 15 in from the boundary and about 10 mtr back from the halfway.
MCG dimensions on playing field are 160x135, which means the contest was about 90 mtr long and 50 mtr wide of the goal line.
Trigonometry says that the square root of (90^2 + 50^2) = 103 mtr.
Mark was brought right into the 50 mtr line, so about 53 mtr long was given.

Watched some of the Ryder cup press conference(For reaction too Mcivoys outburst).You can actually hear the reporter ask a question because he was handed the microphone.So i think we're a long way down the road for improved standards coming our way anytime soon if we can't even provide a microphone.
BYO microphone.

I was at the game and after watching the replay I’m shocked at how bad it was.

The crowd noise was pathetic on TV. It was deafening at the ground… even the radio call you hear a giant roar. Why can’t they set up mics to get this for tv?

BT is commentating for kids. It’s like a joke. Why can’t we have serious commentary like Denis and Sandy delivered.

The camera work was pathetic. Dying stages let’s film the PM? Why the hell would anyone care

What about the cut to Joel Selwood in the crowd, followed by 'I wonder what that man is thinking?'

Why would he or anybody else care in the SLIGHTEST in the final quarter of a Collingwood and Brisbane Grand Final?

What about the cut to Joel Selwood in the crowd, followed by 'I wonder what that man is thinking?'

Why would he or anybody else care in the SLIGHTEST in the final quarter of a Collingwood and Brisbane Grand Final?
Selwood would be thinking thank god I don't have to listen to the muppets on channel 7.

This how the Sidebottom goal should have sounded.... (watch from 8.30)

The NRL Grand Final commentary shat all over the AFL Grand Final commentary.

You're 100% on the money here. The Carlton bias call was actually entertaining because it was GENUINE.

Does a commentary free version of the broadcast exist? Surely someone snuck a microphone into the ground and just let it record???

The GF commentary was appalling.

why cant ch7 get proper broadcasters in to call the game and maybe one ex player to do special comments.

the tripe ch7 is serving up now is amateurish

Remove this Banner Ad

Back