News Impact of COVID-19 on season 2020 and beyond

Remove this Banner Ad

He is right about America not being designed for events like this.

I have never wanted to shut someone up so badly before. I wish he would just go away. He's making things worse by his inaction... I'll stop now before it becomes a full-fledged rant...a monkey could do a better job...ugh.

I've got no idea how accurate their figures are but it's interesting to look at the new cases daily for each state at the moment.

NSW looks in a bit of trouble while WA and SA seem to have not seen the spike at the moment.

Splendid Isolation, and not letting Cruise ships dock and disperse thousands in to your society

The Chinese will develop a vaccine, they started it, they'll finish it.
Ultimate Irony, but we all better hope its pretty quick, but i think it will be all of 12 months.
Plenty of time for our boys to learn to kick goals on the run, and kick to a target like the toast are currently.
Lucky our team demographic is young.
Chinese government isn’t very smart.

In science you need people to challenge and come up with ideas. Chinese scientists will only do what their masters tell them to do.

The vaccine will come from a Western country.

I have never wanted to shut someone up so badly before. I wish he would just go away. He's making things worse by his inaction... I'll stop now before it becomes a full-fledged rant...a monkey could do a better job...ugh.

That's my frustration in the situation as well.
You can play your cards perfectly and do all the right things, take all the necessary measures...
you will still be dragged down by those clueless fools in the end.

In science you need people to challenge and come up with ideas. Chinese scientists will only do what their masters tell them to do.

Don't like the chinese government as well.
But they seem like they got their act together and actually contained the situation (if you believed their numbers, that is).
Ironically, they now seem to be more concerned of imported cases flow back into china.

when I was in medical research, China was sending and paying for it's best and brightest to study and do their postdoc training in the US and Europe at the best unis, institutes, and hospitals. They then returned to China and were given a well funded lab group or an institute to run depending on how good they had shown themselves to be. I'm sure they will do fine. Some of the best researchers I work locally with here in Perth are Chinese but have stayed here as they prefer the lifestyle. Less crowded.

I worked in China for 5 years and they shouldn't be underestimated. They don't crow about their achievements like the US but believe me they have people in high places who are very smart.
Also they have been doing autopsies for weeks now. I fully expect Trump to hold China's beer while China finds the antivirus with little pomp and pagentry.
Trump is in denial and thinks the big bad US can fend of any enemy be it physical or medical.

I have leave but my work is threatening to stand me down unpaid. Apparently it’s a pandemic clause??

What are my rights?
Pretty sure they’d need to pay you out your leave if you’ve accrued it.
Check with Fair Work. There is legislation to protect workers’ rights. As a general rule clauses can’t void legislation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lines outside the Centrelink in Victoria Park were manic this morning, before 8:00 the line was reaching pretty far down the street, and we had the ABC and Nine News there interviewing people and everything.

Don't like the chinese government as well.
But they seem like they got their act together and actually contained the situation (if you believed their numbers, that is).
Ironically, they now seem to be more concerned of imported cases flow back into china.

Sure they care.

when I was in medical research, China was sending and paying for it's best and brightest to study and do their postdoc training in the US and Europe at the best unis, institutes, and hospitals. They then returned to China and were given a well funded lab group or an institute to run depending on how good they had shown themselves to be. I'm sure they will do fine. Some of the best researchers I work locally with here in Perth are Chinese but have stayed here as they prefer the lifestyle. Less crowded.
They also have a program called the thousand talents program where they will pay you a lot of money to bring your expertise and proprietary knowledge/equipment to them.

i was quoting the Nobel Prize winner who was quoted on here as well.
He believes that the chinese will find a vaccine
I'd believe him, he also doesn't think you can be infected twice

I have leave but my work is threatening to stand me down unpaid. Apparently it’s a pandemic clause??

What are my rights?

I have no idea for you but one thing I saw on a law TV show one time was "record all conversations, print all contracts, log all hours and projects you are doing and how you've been removed"

I know it's not very helpful. But it's worth a shot at least reading your contract with a fine tooth comb

China, japan, Singapore, hong kong, Taiwan, South Korea. All countries renowned for people being respectful to each other & obeying the rule of law (most democratic)
All seem to be managing the curve well after iffy starts...
Western countries dont seem to be coping as well..
Could this be the end of the USA as we know it ??
Stay safe..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back