Mega Thread Coronavirus & the AFL - season postponed. Part 2 * CONTINUED ABUSE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED *

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confused how this is supposed to be reassuring.

Other than the higher over 65 percentage, all of the above can occur, and are occurring elsewhere.
Italy was hit earlier, and their system overwhelmed earlier.

New York heading into this phase.
NSW is still a week away; the rest of Aus another 1-2 weeks.

Too many dickheads not giving a damn.
Just yesterday, my next door neighbour had a friend around and she was coughing away out the front with their kids playing around the same vicinity. Why even take the risk of visiting a friend if you have a cough or showing the mildest symptoms of a flu?
It's people like that who are going to make this a lot worse than what it really should be.

People should forget the idea of people being thrown in jail. Jails are looking at how to get crims out as they are likely to become epicentres first the virus and death. Going to the clink will be Russian roulette. And that is not commensurately fair.
They need a more dire threat because even the fines are worthless. 2 million unemployed, who’s going to cough up?
Perhaps we could shoot them? Public beatings? Of course not but a lot of people are struggling with common sense and selfishness. How do we actually stop it?
Maybe a getaway in the Gibson desert would be up their alley. At a loss really how to stop it. Jails and fines won’t stop the spread nor the desperate from doing desperate things.

People should forget the idea of people being thrown in jail. Jails are looking at how to get crims out as they are likely to become epicentres first the virus and death. Going to the clink will be Russian roulette. And that is not commensurately fair.
They need a more dire threat because even the fines are worthless. 2 million unemployed, who’s going to cough up?
Perhaps we could shoot them? Public beatings? Of course not but a lot of people are struggling with common sense and selfishness. How do we actually stop it?
Maybe a getaway in the Gibson desert would be up their alley. At a loss really how to stop it. Jails and fines won’t stop the spread nor the desperate from doing desperate things.

Sherwood Luo would look good in Jail. Too bad if he got it.

Given you asked that poster for their figures, how about you provide some of your own estimates for unemployment, inflation, CCI and market indexes should Australia go into lockdown compared to if they don’t?

I’m not sure there is evidence that just going about business as usual won’t lead to even greater economic disaster. Perhaps Australia vs NZ could be a good test case for future generations on how to handle/mishandle an epidemic.

I'm a bit worried that NZ have placed themselves in a plastic bubble, and that they won't be able to get out of it.

Just yesterday, my next door neighbour had a friend around and she was coughing away out the front with their kids playing around the same vicinity. Why even take the risk of visiting a friend if you have a cough or showing the mildest symptoms of a flu?
It's people like that who are going to make this a lot worse than what it really should be.

She might have a chronic condition, that your neighbour knew about and didn't bother to share with you.
My mother in law coughs all the bloody time every day of the year, its annoying but its not Corona virus.
Don't always assume the worst of everyone.

Maybe show them this.

3 Victorians died today due to Covid-19, and hospitals aren't even at full capacity.

She might have a chronic condition, that your neighbour knew about and didn't bother to share with you.
My mother in law coughs all the bloody time every day of the year, its annoying but its not Corona virus.

Right now you should.

There wont be secure jobs if people are dead. Your going down the same path as Scomo in your thinking. It may sound over dramatic but you need to think about worse case scenarios in this current environment and if you don't your complicit in the spread of the virus. Strict quarantine measures are needed like in Singapore and Hong Kong. Singapore has a strong economy but you don't see the government putting that above all else. Your issue stems from the fact that people in this country have had it good for so long they wouldn't know how to cope if things turn pear shaped which is what we're seeing. That's the government's fault for not putting contingencies in place before implementing the stimulus measures because they rushed it out.

You didn't answer any of my questions.

No she doesn't because I was gathering my mail when I noticed all this and I overheard her say to the neighbours kids "stay back as I can't be close to you" or something along those lines.
I have also seen this person a couple of other occasions and she was fine then.

It's likely nothing but again, why risk it?
It's not that difficult to stay in doors, or be by yourself for a 2 week period. Especially if you have a flu, and especially during this month or the next 3 months.

And believe me mate, I was like you, people making too big of deal about this whole thing but the last 2 weeks I listened to medical experts and it's more than just a common flu. Perhaps the media are going overboard with it all but we all just have to try an isolate for month or two and we will be fine. Not that tough of an ask.

or a realist. instead of living in la la land with your tripe how about trying to be constructive.
if you think being concerned and forgoing the almighty dollar is communism you need to pull your head from you arse and look around.
Any chance you can fu** off and not reply to my posts with dribble. I have little time for your type at the moment.
Bye.

Haha I hear China and Russia are nice this time of year. Or even New Zealand which is even closer for you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the ubiquitous spread of this virus is inevitable, they may well have gone too early.

Theoretically, if the lockdown results in no new cases and they adopt an isolationist foreign arrival policy more tough than North Korea until the population gets vaccinated, they would come out way ahead.

Right you are. The oranges. THE ORANGES!

Doesn’t matter how badly our governments bullshit us and fu** this up; we can always fall back on blaming the oranges.

You'd be forgiven for thinking you're a member of the CCP with your desperate attempts to deflect blame from China's government onto other countries governments.

Theoretically, if the lockdown results in no new cases and they adopt an isolationist foreign arrival policy more tough than North Korea until the population gets vaccinated, they would come out way ahead.

That's what I would have thought too. Promote tourism within the country, you may have 10% still out of jobs but at least their people will stay alive. Then vaccination comes and people can travel again.

Im still seeing speed cameras on the road.... As if catching people speeding is the priority for our police force right now. They absolutely should be getting a list of people who have to self isolate and making sure they all comply.
Speaking for my experience. When I returned from overseas I had to fill out a form stating my name, address, flight number etc so they absolutely could check in on me if they wanted to. I support the idea as well. If I have to do this properly then others should too.

GC to go and Dogs and North are the obvious merger... Similar colours, perfect geographically and ideal in terms of financial strength and support, the North West Dogs could become a super club.

Yes the Footscray football club was name changed under Demitriou to the Western Bulldogs , for you know where, Western Sydney!
And North Melbourne were to go to The Gold Coast, leaving us with a comfortable 16 clubs , but niether would go and who can blame them after Fitzroy was murdered. South Melbourne were a basket case financially the move to Sydney was painful but Brilliant!!!! They are a long term power club and they have been helped yes, but they are successful and they have a background. Fitzroy was a tragedy , I know so many Fitzroy people,and I mean born and bred in the suburb, first 40 years of my life were at home in Melbourne and yes I'm in WA now , but, Melbourne and my insanity for football are my homes.

Fitzroy in the end paid off. And some Fitzroy connections led Brisbane Lions to three premierships in a row, Paul Roos of course a Beverly Hills Fitzroy,
HisSydney movement, got his coaching going and a premiership in Sydney. For me that is all we need in those two northern states, and this bleeding tragic COVID19 thing might see finances drifting away. The cost of propping up two new non traditional clubs will be too much!

AND WE HAVE TRADITION IN NSW AND QLD, two fine clubs leave it at that.
If Vic clubs have to move well that may happen , who will have the money to stay original will remain to be seen, but I'd be aiming ione vic club to Tassie, not creating a new one! And I'll bite the bullet and say its a fifty minute flight to the footy in Tassie, some club may have to make the sacrifice, I'd say Saints North or Hawthorn who are firmly established in Tasmania , but they may also have enough money to stay where they are, but this virus will change money situations drastically, so expect some changes that are not that palatable , Giants and Suns prepare to go to the Swans and Lions. wOW, there will be two interstater's than that will be hard to beat, but lots of those players from the two new clubs will return the quality also to Vic SA WA Tas NT. Yep we could easily have a team in NT as well, but a traveller NOT a creation!!! Money will tell that story, but really GWS and GC17 why?? Just started with a 20 goal deficit before they even went in to battle, cost a fortune and the TV will can anything that costs too much now, any way I 'd love to hear some other people on this, this is like nothing I've seen in my life , so be prepared but, I would hope they have a season after winter or at the end of winter 2020 , when this stinking frigging virus goes past.

You'd be forgiven for thinking you're a member of the CCP with your desperate attempts to deflect blame from China's government onto other countries governments.

Don’t overrate yourself here. Those who solely blame the CCP for the outbreak of this virus here aren’t really thinking, as much as feeling. A thinking person would understand that the factors involved are multivariate and would seek to understand as many as possible.

That's what I would have thought too. Promote tourism within the country, you may have 10% still out of jobs but at least their people will stay alive. Then vaccination comes and people can travel again.
The first way to promote inside Australian tourism, is cut the overkill in domestic airfares, I try to travel twice a year to my sons in the east, and because its where I come from, but, I may as well fly overseas, sometimes west to east and back is just unaffordable!!!!!

Speaking for my experience. When I returned from overseas I had to fill out a form stating my name, address, flight number etc so they absolutely could check in on me if they wanted to. I support the idea as well. If I have to do this properly then others should too.

Apparently Victorian police did a spot check of 88 who should be self-isolating - of those, only 70 complied (some may have been at a different address or some reason didn't answer the door but 7 were definitely not at the location).

Very disappointing.

Edit - the figures:

So far police have:

• Police have made 88 spot check visits as of today
  • Of them, 70 people were home and doing the right thing, self-isolating
  • Seven were not home and police are following them up
  • A couple of people provided the wrong details to Border Force about where they were supposed to go and they are being followed up.
  • And a couple of people are being chased up as to where they are self-isolating

The first way to promote inside Australian tourism, is cut the overkill in domestic airfares, I try to travel twice a year to my sons in the east, and because its where I come from, but, I may as well fly overseas, sometimes west to east and back is just unaffordable!!!!!

Yes but even your local towns. Not necessarily interstate.

Apparently Victorian police did a spot check of 88 who should be self-isolating - of those, only 70 complied (some may have been at a different address or some reason didn't answer the door but 7 were definitely not at the location).

Very disappointing.

Edit - the figures:

So far police have:

• Police have made 88 spot check visits as of today
  • Of them, 70 people were home and doing the right thing, self-isolating
  • Seven were not home and police are following them up
  • A couple of people provided the wrong details to Border Force about where they were supposed to go and they are being followed up.
  • And a couple of people are being chased up as to where they are self-isolating

Disgraceful, what are these people thinking? It's probably the people that don't have it too bad, otherwise you'd imagine they would not be well enough to leave the house...

There’s never before been an effective vaccine developed for a coronavirus. Perhaps we find one, or perhaps the virus weakens and we give up the hunt. Who knows. Either way, it could be as long 18 months one becomes available.

I sure won’t claim to know which way this all goes or who “comes out way ahead”. I just think if countries approach this differently, we’ll leave an awful lot of information for future generations to learn from.

New Zealand's economy was already being screwed over by their leader, so let's see shall we?
Got to say the left lately have been unbelievable in predicting doom bad news, mongrels like ABC and TND,
WE HAVE TO BE SURE AND REALLY CAREFUL AND LEARN, FOR WHEN THE NEXT ONE COMES, BUT WE ARE A DIFFERENT KETTLE OF FISH WHEN TALKING ABOUT THE SPANISH FLU 1919.
Lockdown stay strict, keep to the rules, wash your hands all the stuff that is being rammed down our throats, HAS TO BE DONE SIMPLE. ,
We'll move through this, be ready for the next 100 years and the footy will be back, much better hopefully.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back