Mega Thread Coronavirus & the AFL - season postponed. Part 2 * CONTINUED ABUSE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED *

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking for this post, but someone has just deleted it. Luckily it was quoted by others.
Roby wouldn't be going back and deleting his incorrect ramblings.

You must have missed it.

Well that blokes as good as dead.

2 doctors MIA and 1 dead for outing the government... How does china get away with this

Obviously not evidence, but an anecdote. A friend of mine is a Chinese immigrant here in Australia. He literally left China due to the totalitarian nature of the country - a little deeper and there was inference that his parents deaths were government related. Well whenever I, or someone bad mouthed the Chinese government - he still tried to defend them.

He's a great guy - and he's actually a pretty tough cookie. Still defends the government though. So through my experiences that tells me that the Chinese Government is quite like the rapist father. The children still love the parent so they don't say a word, but they know deep down that it's ****ed.

Shutting down earlier would've rebooted the economy much sooner.

Nonsense.
We would have kept a huge amount of people who didn't have Corona virus, away from a lot of other people who didn't have Corona virus.
As soon as we contacted the outside world we're back in it.

thats what all laws are for. if people arent going to drive sensibly then speeds get lowered and there are more speed cameras. instead of complaining that speed cameras are for revenue raising (an argument only makde by people with an IQ of 4), people should instead drive safer without needing to be told.

Wrong.
There were already suitable laws in place. You have now lowered the limit lower than it needs to be, with no guarantee that dickheads will adhere to a new limit.
The limits didn't need to be lowered. We needed to stop the dickheads breaking the existing laws.

We didn't need to close the beaches, absolutely no reason a husband and wife can't go to the beach together, when they share a household anyway.
But we banned them to stop the people who were already breaking the social isolation rules.

It depends how long the shut down goes for, but if you scale 140k deaths to Australia that’s 10,000 deaths (Just saying)

In human history we have never been able to contain a highly infectious novel coronavirus before (MERS and SARS we’re both more lethal but less contagious)

A complete shut down of the economy will have huge long term ramifications to the countries well being and prosperity.

I hope it’s worth it

Oh only 10,000 well carry on then, we can put you in charge of calling families to tell them their loved ones died since its not a big deal.

They should understand when you tell them to think about the jobs

China is doing more than just influencing the WHO. Their trying to get their grubby hands on as many strategic economic and geographical locations as possible. Even during the pandemic they are trying to profit and assert their influence.

It appears they are sending out faulty equipment as well

Oh only 10,000 well carry on then, we can put you in charge of calling families to tell them their loved ones died since its not a big deal.

I was going to mention the same thing, but didn't because i knew you'd reply in that manner.
But you did infer the actual numbers that the USA is looking at .

It depends how long the shut down goes for, but if you scale 140k deaths to Australia that’s 10,000 deaths (Just saying)

In human history we have never been able to contain a highly infectious novel coronavirus before (MERS and SARS we’re both more lethal but less contagious)

A complete shut down of the economy will have huge long term ramifications to the countries well being and prosperity.

I hope it’s worth it
The problem with doing things like scaling the data is that on paper it works, in the real world, not so much.

See you've scaled this by taking 140,000, dividing that by the US population and taking the end number, multiplied it by Australia's population and ended up with 10,000. Perfectly logical on paper.

Lets apply it to Italy. That scale would have them at 25k deaths, they are over half that and they haven't flattened the curve yet. Confident that death toll won't double?

How about Spain, again should be 19k deaths but they've just about halved that already. With their hospital system now collapsing you wanna argue they won't double their current figure?

I was looking for this post, but someone has just deleted it. Luckily it was quoted by others.

Out of 500 posts (on a different thread mind you) I've posted on Covid-19 you found one? And what's wrong with this one? Are you capable of rebutting? Can you not the errors so I can see?

Why should it be on him to call them? Why is it unreasonable to think that the 'solution' of breaking the economy will be worse than the actual virus? On that token - how about this, we go into lockdown. And when the economy completely shatters -if we're left with either - Poverty and depression, or totalitarian regime. You can call every single person who dies from that - you can call their families.

Interesting, obviously a hospital already setup for this kind of stuff but shows the level of precautions and organisation needed to protect healthcare workers.

The irony this is a hospital in the poorer South of Italy compared to the richer North.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The problem with doing things like scaling the data is that on paper it works, in the real world, not so much.

See you've scaled this by taking 140,000, dividing that by the US population and taking the end number, multiplied it by Australia's population and ended up with 10,000. Perfectly logical on paper.

Lets apply it to Italy. That scale would have them at 25k deaths, they are over half that and they haven't flattened the curve yet. Confident that death toll won't double?

How about Spain, again should be 19k deaths but they've just about halved that already. With their hospital system now collapsing you wanna argue they won't double their current figure?

You know the USA estimate is a guess don't you. They probably looked at the current Italian deaths and doubled it then took a bit off.

It is possible , but very unlikely there will be 100 000 000 deaths in the USA.
It is not possible in Australia.
Of course its scaleable.

Wrong.
There were already suitable laws in place. You have now lowered the limit lower than it needs to be, with no guarantee that dickheads will adhere to a new limit.
The limits didn't need to be lowered. We needed to stop the dickheads breaking the existing laws.

We didn't need to close the beaches, absolutely no reason a husband and wife can't go to the beach together, when they share a household anyway.
But we banned them to stop the people who were already breaking the social isolation rules.
i dont think you understand the purpose of rules and regulations.

Nonsense.
We would have kept a huge amount of people who didn't have Corona virus, away from a lot of other people who didn't have Corona virus.
As soon as we contacted the outside world we're back in it.

So all those countries that have locked down are just going to start again the same when they aren't in lockdown?

Remind me why we are in semi to nearly fully lockdown now if once the measures are gone it will just flare up again?

i dont think you understand the purpose of rules and regulations.

I don't think you understand limits.
I'll dumb it down for you.

The kindergarten teacher brings in a basket of lollypops.
She tells you that there are two each.
Everyone takes 2, except Johnny takes 5.
The last few kids cry because they miss out.

The teacher tells the whole class off and tells them that because they were so naughty they will only get one lollypop tomorrow.

The law was "maximum 2 lollypops"
The reason for the law was clear.

Does reducing the law to 1 lollypop fix the problem?

So all those countries that have locked down are just going to start again the same when they aren't in lockdown?

Remind me why we are in semi to nearly fully lockdown now if once the measures are gone it will just flare up again?

SO THAT WE DON"T OVERRUN OUR HEALTH SYSTEM

Perhaps, 3,000 evidently die from influenza every year in Australia...

That said, I dont fundementally think the Australian Government would lock its entire economy down and throw around confetti money for potentially 10,000 deaths.

But like... if you can't leave your house aside from shopping for essential items, yet non-essential businesses are still trading because they haven't been forced to close, can you be fined just for shopping? Doesn't that seem like entrapment or just a huge oversight?

Rebel sport is still open for example. Can I be fined for buying a pair of shoes? Why is it open if I can't go there?
If a jigsaw puzzle is "essential", replacing your last worn through pair of shoes presumably is.

The Deputy Chief Medical Officer just said again, no more than 5 minutes ago: “I don’t think we can eliminate the virus without a vaccine, no.”

So what is everyone's proposed solution? Herd immunity via 60% of the population becoming infected and recovering, or a lockdown of the country for 18 months until a vaccine is available and widely distributed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back