Mega Thread Coronavirus & the AFL - season postponed. Part 2 * CONTINUED ABUSE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED *

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Spain?

Im only referring to Italy (as their flu numbers have spiked from previous years)

But hey for every Spain there is a Germany and even dare I say it an Australia that have a much lower case fatality rate...

The numbers are all over the shop, but the test to case ratio is pretty important

Last edited:
Im only referring to Italy (as their flu numbers have spiked from previous years)

But hey for every Spain there is a Germany and even dare I say it an Australia that have a much lower case fatality rate...

The numbers are all over the shop
Germany is apparently reporting deaths as the underlying conditions (ie. heart failure) rather than the virus itself.

In New York they have 20,000 hospital beds. Their mayor said that all those beds will probably need to be converted into ICU.

For all the testing the US has done, they're running out. The mayor said he asked the government for test kits beck on January 26th but was denied. This was a time when Fauci said "there is very little risk to the American public" and Trump was praising China. Anyone still defending Trump and his government?

Death rate worldwide is doubling every week with UK(381) France (499) Netherlands(175) Belgium (192) Turkey (46) recording their worst days yet.

Italy has recorded 12,428 deaths, ten thousand of those deaths have come in the last thirteen days.

Spain (8269) and France (3523) have also none than five thousand critical/serious patients, while Italy, Iran and the US all have over 3000 currently. Belgium and the Netherlands have over a thousand critical/serious patients with Germany close to 2000. Germany who has the highest number of ICU beds in the world is taking patients from all over Europe including Italy and Netherlands.

Last edited:
In New York they have 20,000 hospital beds. Their mayor said that all those beds will probably need to be converted into ICU.

For all the testing the US has done, they're running out. The mayor said he asked the government for test kits beck on January 26th but was denied. This was a time when Fauci said "there is very little risk to the American public" and Trump was praising China. Anyone still defending Trump and his government?

Death rate worldwide is doubling every week with UK(381) France (499) Netherlands(175) Belgium (192) Turkey (46) recording their worst days yet.

Italy has recorded 12,428 deaths, ten thousand of those deaths have come in the last thirteen days.

Spain (8269) and France (3523) have also none than five thousand critical/serious patients, while Italy, Iran and the US all have over 3000 currently. Belgium and the Netherlands have over a thousand critical/serious patients with Germany close to 2000. Germany who has the highest number of ICU beds in the world is taking patients from all over Europe including Italy and Netherlands.
People are still defending Trump yes

But like... if you can't leave your house aside from shopping for essential items, yet non-essential businesses are still trading because they haven't been forced to close, can you be fined just for shopping? Doesn't that seem like entrapment or just a huge oversight?

Rebel sport is still open for example. Can I be fined for buying a pair of shoes? Why is it open if I can't go there?

But like... if you can't leave your house aside from shopping for essential items, yet non-essential businesses are still trading because they haven't been forced to close, can you be fined just for shopping? Doesn't that seem like entrapment or just a huge oversight?

Rebel sport is still open for example. Can I be fined for buying a pair of shoes? Why is it open if I can't go there?

I don't think you can be fined for buying shoes that you might need to get exercise. It's a little confusing but they aren't fining people for heading to Rebel etc.

Meanwhile the Herald Sun today asks readers the vital question- just who is the Pies greatest ever player

Pendles.

Read also that ANZ is out of action. So this means Marvel, possibly Subi and AAMI (if not redeveloped) host finals. Also this has effects on the season as the grounds still need to be available for H and A not just finals. Especially if they're running into November and December So where do they all get played? (This assumes the Cricket is played anyway which is doubtful if theborders are shut).

One thing I don't get is sure clubs are bleeding now but wouldn't they recoup most of the money if games go ahead. (If not then season could just be as easily called off).

When realistically should the season be scrapped?

IMO There needs to be 17 games minimum. Time if you push it past Dec 1 it starts to become impracticle in terms of starting again next year. Players need at least 6 weeks off then need to train again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The argument that things will cost more is brought out but besides economic theory there is little real evidence that products would cost more.
Labour will be higher, freight lower. It will cost more as labour is generally the biggest expense. To offset this, quality and longevity could be improved which could swing it back but probably not as far and hard to convince consumers on long term benefit.

Darwin was right.

People are still defending Trump yes

He was still vehemently defending himself this morning on his press conference in a way of never seen before, which says something.

Basically was saying in hindsight he was doing a very good job and wouldn't have done anything different. Fauci also was showing graphs on their policy making decisions at the start which was just embarrassing.

There is always a time you admit wrong and you move on.

They're still at war with democrats, states, not unified, not helping each other or the situation as best they can. A million deaths coming up for them.

The dont have enough people for a pandemic or a team
Send the 18 team there. Split the games between Hobart, Launceston and Kingborough.

We could have footy again in 3/4 weeks.

Pendles.

Read also that ANZ is out of action. So this means Marvel, possibly Subi and AAMI (if not redeveloped) host finals. Also this has effects on the season as the grounds still need to be available for H and A not just finals. Especially if they're running into November and December So where do they all get played? (This assumes the Cricket is played anyway which is doubtful if theborders are shut).

One thing I don't get is sure clubs are bleeding now but wouldn't they recoup most of the money if games go ahead. (If not then season could just be as easily called off).

When realistically should the season be scrapped?

IMO There needs to be 17 games minimum. Time if you push it past Dec 1 it starts to become impracticle in terms of starting again next year. Players need at least 6 weeks off then need to train again.

I wont be surprised if they go to a similar conference system to the AFLW to get the rounds done if they get desperate. I also wont be suprised if theres a compromise on preseason/offseason breaks...after theyve had several months off.

I wont be surprised if they go to a similar conference system to the AFLW to get the rounds done if they get desperate. I also wont be suprised if theres a compromise on preseason/offseason breaks...after theyve had several months off.

Conference system sucks imo. Thou maybe necessary. (11 rounds 2 conferences) Just another trend where will blindly follow the US. Means you are essentially running 2 different comps rather than 1. Does not take into account the AFL year.

In the conference case I'd just live with not everyone playing each other once and re-configuring the 6 6 6 seedings to determine who you play in your group rather than who you play twice.

Germany is apparently reporting deaths as the underlying conditions (ie. heart failure) rather than the virus itself.
1. Link please.
It is very misleading & inaccurate because, if the person didn't have covid-19, they would still be alive (notwithstanding they had a serious underlying condition).

What other countries have the German approach to not recording covid-19 as the cause of death, if the person also had an existing serious condition?

The true nos. must be recorded, as it is, IMO, inevitable that the Chinese Communist Party will be held responsible for covid-19- & international demands will be made for FULL compensation.

2. It is being reported on ABC Radio 24 hour News that backpackers, inside hostels & inside other accomodation etc, are not observing social distancing rules etc. Photos have emerged that some are even having parties. Bondi & Waveley are a cluster, with 140 covid-19 cases.
Pathetic! Stronger penalties needed.

Labour will be higher, freight lower. It will cost more as labour is generally the biggest expense. To offset this, quality and longevity could be improved which could swing it back but probably not as far and hard to convince consumers on long term benefit.
3. It is inevitable that the more things we manufacture in Australia, prices will be much more expensive cf. China (but the quality will be better).
Labour costs are a major component of final price, & labour costs will always be much cheaper in China- nevertheless, for Australia's defence & strategic interests, we need to revive our greatly reduced manufacturing industry (particularly manufacturing with crucial strategic implications).

We can still import many items from other low wage countries.
All pro-democratic countries should forbid their companies setting up manufacturing operations in communist China- they can go to other low wage countries to set up (and must also close their factories in China- to be relocated elsewhere).

Last edited:
1. Link please.
It is very misleading & inaccurate because, if the person didn't have covid-19, they would still be alive (notwithstanding they had a serious underlying condition).

What other countries have the German approach to under-reporting covid-19 cases?

Are we one of them? I find it hard to believe that we have had 20 deaths in the entire country due to COVID-19. How many deaths have there been in Australia in the past month and only 20 with the virus? Fantastic if true but if we are questioning every other countries count we should be slightly skeptical of our own as well.

The argument that things will cost more is brought out but besides economic theory there is little real evidence that products would cost more.

Working in manufacturing and distribution I can tell you a lot of products would cost more, however textiles etc I found Vietnam to be better quality and the cost wasn't too dissimilar. Production time was the main barrier but if you forecast well that shouldn't be an issue. China will still be needed in the future but there are industries that could easily move away from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back