Roast Grumpy Old Thread- 10k posts of whinging

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Actually funny thing last night. Decided to watch " Train to Busan " last night with Mrs. H. After the intermittent screaming from her at certain points we finished and closed the Netflix. T.V. went to SBS. Guess what was on ?

Yep......" Train to Busan " 😄

Last edited:
Actually funny thing last night. Decided to watch " Train to Busan " last night with Mrs. H. After the intermittent screaming from her at certain points we finished and closed the Netflix. T.V. went to SBS. Guess what was on ?

Yep......" Train to Busan " 😄

Watched it, too, Hoj. Think that was the third go around for me. Such a cool film.

4cb15f921ab2be165f1952ae00bc9098.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After recently transferring all my movies, series, music, videos, and photos to a 4TB external drive, I had a brainwave, if my smart TV has no trouble when i plug in a 128G memory stick, connecting the 4TB would be a winning move, sadly, does not work, but thumb drives are not too much of a hassle, so back to where I started for now.

After recently transferring all my movies, series, music, videos, and photos to a 4TB external drive, I had a brainwave, if my smart TV has no trouble when i plug in a 128G memory stick, connecting the 4TB would be a winning move, sadly, does not work, but thumb drives are not too much of a hassle, so back to where I started for now.

Same here.
Hugely hopeless effort

Someone must have an answer

The answer is likely in your tv manual Gaso. Mine does state format type and size requirements.
When all else fails RTFM!
Yeh I read the manual after I plugged the portable HDD into the tv. One tv (about 6 years old) can only play 64g USBs whilst the 3 year old can play the 2T portable HDD. There is a 10 year old smaller tv that won’t play any videos from a USB but has a built in DVD.

I don’t know why I just typed all that

Yeh I read the manual after I plugged the portable HDD into the tv. One tv (about 6 years old) can only play 64g USBs whilst the 3 year old can play the 2T portable HDD. There is a 10 year old smaller tv that won’t play any videos from a USB but has a built in DVD.

I don’t know why I just typed all that
The 'universal' in usb, definitely doesn't apply to tv's. I think it might be due to privacy laws. My tv wants to format whatever usb I use to make it difficult to use the same usb on some other device or pc.

2000- the first day of the millennium saw me walking the streets of Agra India. The day before, the last day of the millennium, I walked through the Taj Mahal.

1990- I had half a mullet. It never sat well at the back of the neck. Looking back at those photos I wish I had the hair now but not the haircut. I saw the great Ninthmond belting at the MCG. We were coming. You could buy full strength VB cans at Friday night games.

1980- I was in Grade 6. I can’t recall much from school. It was pretty ho hum. I think Kracker Magic came to North.

1970- I was 2 and vaguely remember the trauma of being knocked over by Dog near the clothes line. Maybe I was older. Idk. The dog was a puppy about 20cm high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back