Roast Moving of threads- FTB - join the cause

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why now?

You know no one will be here after the Draft.

It's the off season bar the AFLW finals and draft. The Lounge is one click away (or none for people subscribed to those threads) and the traffic will be no different (hopefully more). If it happened in March there'd still be people saying why now.

We've been lazy with the more casual threads, it's a common set up among team forums and we've followed suit. Over the off season we'll see how it goes with other major sports. The hope is we can keep some of the more casual chat active in the Lounge and there's a bit more freedom to be creative there with new topics and discussion. For the existing threads they are just as accessible and more likely to stay prominent.

A 2 second scroll is beyond painful, a coffee scroll however ā€¦ I wonder where the best ones are
Cinnamon apple scroll
Itā€™s a hill Iā€™ll die on alone if need be
It's the off season bar the AFLW finals and draft. The Lounge is one click away (or none for people subscribed to those threads) and the traffic will be no different (hopefully more). If it happened in March there'd still be people saying why now.

We've been lazy with the more casual threads, it's a common set up among team forums and we've followed suit. Over the off season we'll see how it goes with other major sports. The hope is we can keep some of the more casual chat active in the Lounge and there's a bit more freedom to be creative there with new topics and discussion. For the existing threads they are just as accessible and more likely to stay prominent.
youve changed man, old The Filth Wizard would have had WWF threads upā€¦
Raising all that money for Pandas

Cinnamon apple scroll
Itā€™s a hill Iā€™ll die on alone if need be

youve changed man, old The Filth Wizard would have had WWF threads upā€¦
Raising all that money for Pandas

Itā€™s all part of the plan. Nobody will put in money for Xiang Xiang if old dad jokes are a distraction.

Itā€™s all part of the plan. Nobody will put in money for Xiang Xiang if old dad jokes are a distraction.
Just panda-ring to the crowds eh?

(Kraks then scurries away while the crowd boos)

Nah, unfortunately we still have to mod the Lounge too. Unhinged bozos are our lifeblood and we canā€™t just wait until match day threads.

Just for what itā€™s worth everybody that has been upset by this it doesnā€™t affect your watched threads. Theyā€™ll still show up in there if youā€™re subscribed or have posted in them.
Angry Russell Crowe GIF by Solstice Studios

You've got 3 footy threads that are getting posted in atm and 2 of those, the draft thread and the trade thread are the same circular discussions repeated ad nauseam.
Could we have one draft/trade thread that just has actual news. Keep the other sideshow for idle speculation

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok well fair enough I suppose; but his come Punting and Cricket have stayed? And others? Coronavirus?

Old people don't like change.
Insert one of those smiley things

Ok well fair enough I suppose; but his come Punting and Cricket have stayed? And others? Coronavirus?

More stuff will move as they reappear. Punting has its basis in AFL betting. Cricket will get a run as a summer sport. Itā€™s a transitional change, certainly something we knew would have some initial teething problems.

Could we have one draft/trade thread that just has actual news. Keep the other sideshow for idle speculation

I actually couldnā€™t agree more with the views on the draft and trade threads. It can be a bit much to take in but on the other hand I can see how a draft related thread might benefit being separate from the list management one. I think the Blues board has a tidy set up in this regard. The problem is once they start intersecting itā€™s almost impossible to moderate and maintain as then posts start snaking off into other discussion.

I can definitely see a way to start the 2025 versions the right way, in collaboration with giantroo and some of our draft experts.

I actually couldnā€™t agree more with the views on the draft and trade threads. It can be a bit much to take in but on the other hand I can see how a draft related thread might benefit being separate from the list management one. I think the Blues board has a tidy set up in this regard. The problem is once they start intersecting itā€™s almost impossible to moderate and maintain as then posts start snaking off into other discussion.

I can definitely see a way to start the 2025 versions the right way, in collaboration with giantroo and some of our draft experts.
It's just a lot to scroll through every day trying to find news. I can't be on here all day everyday.

I know giantroo does a lot already but if he posted news in a separate thread it could be a popular ' quick read'

Ok, off to Lidges Lounge it is!

I reckon as good practice in the future to give us heads up of whatā€™s planned

I will probably miss it and go off my head but at least itā€™s there for Karenā€™s to see

Take a leaf out of our Membership Team for exampleā€¦communication!

Funny GIF

It's just a lot to scroll through every day trying to find news. I can't be on here all day everyday.

I know giantroo does a lot already but if he posted news in a separate thread it could be a popular ' quick read'

I think this is a great idea. A no discussion North news aggregator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back