GoSaints12’s Phantom Draft Game

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouldn't mind with a few good players who could slot in but high price considering reckon will be top 10 in swans future first
I would do that in a heartbeat beat if it was on offer.

Would even include my 39 for your 64 to get it over the line, but doubt Sydney would do it for real.

Why would you split an early pick to cover bids if it looks like you can use it live?

Thilthorpe and Trew before you have to match academy bids would be ideal.

Then add Campbell and Gulden.

That would wipe out our 2021 draft though. It’s something to remember. If we did what you are suggesting we’d have a massive deficit in 2021. It’s possible but that’s a risky play especially when we are rebuilding. I’d hate to have another top 5 pick in 2021 and not be able to use it.

Pick 17 - Hawthorn - Eddie Ford - Western Jets

i have really liked how this kid plays since i watched him at the Vic Metro Trials at Carltons old ground in Princes Park, great pair of hands, strong mark, plays taller than he is, can kick a long goal and has good energy on the field, traded a lot to get him but i'm hoping he pays off with a good career.
Good selection.

Had I selected Macrae at 11, I would have gone either Perkins or Ford here.

But I was trying be greedy and get two players I really wanted.

That would wipe out our 2021 draft though. It’s something to remember. If we did what you are suggesting we’d have a massive deficit in 2021. It’s possible but that’s a risky play especially when we are rebuilding. I’d hate to have another top 5 pick in 2021 and not be able to use it.
All your effectively doing is moving your 2021 first round pick up a year.

All your effectively doing is moving your 2021 first round pick up a year.

Which is a huge gamble. Are you confident we won’t have a top 6 selection in 2021? I’m not that confident. Still feel we are a good 2 years away.

Mid-late first rounder. If a bid had come in let’s say 12-14 I’d consider matching depending on who’s on the board, 15-16 more likely than not match, after my first pick definitely match. There’s no way the Pies would match at Pick 5 in real life (and unless he suddenly has a ridiculous year when they get back there wouldn’t be a bid there anyway). I’m confident he gets past our first pick, but then who knows how many picks clubs are taking anyway so we might just take him...
Cheers for the reply mate. Good to hear a different perspective of Reef. I would have liked to of seen what he could have produced this year playing as a full time mid. I think that really could have rocketed him into top 5 calculations if he had a solid year. With a late birthday he definitely has lots of development left in him. Could grow a few more cms too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Next years top 5 could be even better though.
Just to make sure we’re discussing the same thing.

If you trade in Carlton’s first round pick (which probably means trading out your second round pick to Carlton), and keep your own first round pick, you’re willing to split one of those picks just to pay for Campbell and Gulden with no deficit on your 2021 first round pick. Even if both are top 5 picks this year.

Just to make sure we’re discussing the same thing.

If you trade in Carlton’s first round pick (which probably means trading out your second round pick to Carlton), and keep your own first round pick, you’re willing to split one of those picks just to pay for Campbell and Gulden with no deficit on your 2021 first round pick. Even if both are top 5 picks this year.

As long as we have no deficit going into next year that’s the goal. We need to be somewhat smart.

Mid-late first rounder. If a bid had come in let’s say 12-14 I’d consider matching depending on who’s on the board, 15-16 more likely than not match, after my first pick definitely match. There’s no way the Pies would match at Pick 5 in real life (and unless he suddenly has a ridiculous year when they get back there wouldn’t be a bid there anyway). I’m confident he gets past our first pick, but then who knows how many picks clubs are taking anyway so we might just take him...

Cheers for the reply mate. Good to hear a different perspective of Reef. I would have liked to of seen what he could have produced this year playing as a full time mid. I think that really could have rocketed him into top 5 calculations if he had a solid year. With a late birthday he definitely has lots of development left in him. Could grow a few more cms too.

Sorry to jump in.

Fair reasoning both posts.

For Reef, I would be surprised if he lasted without a bid prior to Collingwood's first. Would be top 10, but we have seen some reticence from clubs to bid too high on academy and FS picks.

For me, he is a high risk/high reward proposition. With more exposure as a FT mid feel would've pushed up in the rankings.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back