Toast Bulldogs smash Norf 87-38. Lolnorf

Remove this Banner Ad

Holy sh*t McLean did an absolute number on Higgins tonight. Massive reason why they were so sh*te on the outside/whenever they had the ball. BOG for me.

English coming along nicely.
That has been Maclean's role since he came back in.

Stitched up Whitfield (with help from Naughton), then Lloyd, then Higgins.

Great strategy and great execution.

Big ups Toby.

This win was built on relentless pressure from every player for the full 80 minutes. It created turnovers.

When the turnovers came our handling was clean and we moved the ball quickly by hand until we found a player in space with time to pick out a target and drive it forward.

The bookends - Keath and Bruce - were ruthlessly efficient with strong support roles from Cordy and Schache (and a fleet of smaller players).

The backline was well organised and very disciplined. As good a back half performance as I’ve seen from us in ages.

Opposition coaches will be concerned. North managed to shut down our star player (Bont, BoG last week) a difficult thing to do. And early in the first quarter they KO’d our overall best player so far this year (Smith). Yet we didn’t skip a beat. So who do they try to shut down next week? And all this without star players Dunkley and Naughton.

Two youngsters with barely 10 games between them (West, Vandermeer) have emerged as aggressive and creative playmakers, while Toby McLean has been quietly productive and is returning to his best form.

This is so 2016. The skill, the ball movement, the quick hands, the pressure and above all - the belief injuries.

Make no mistake, we are in this with a genuine chance this year. So much will depend on how we cope with life in the hubs.

FTFY

When was the last time we had a team who were this good in the air? We have genuine marking power across the ground now, especially when Naughton is playing. I honestly don't remember seeing it in my lifetime.
Jong has become a whole new player. No more of the poor decisions, panic disposals and sloppy kicks. He's probably legitimately our best contested mark, giving Wood and Naughton a run for their money. Makes a huge difference around the field

My views and are a bit not 100% because i only seen about 50% of it
Vandermeer is going to be very good.
As soon as English can halv the hitouts or win them he has brownlow written all over him, as he is essentially a mid with his numbers.
West... oh my he will be very very good, and as i know his twin brothers are rated a bit better at the same age we are in for a treat in five years time when they are all entrenched in the system with Smith also.
We are better with Schache in the team.
We forget how little training together didn't help Bruce fit in at the start of the year. he will get better from here on in id say.
To have Williams, Crozier and Wood play in the same side is great to watch the way they attack defend.

Kind of hard to believe this is the same side that we’re so bad against the Pies and the Saints.

I had written the season off after the Saints game but wowsers the improvement since then has been amazing.

Whoever said Cordy is having his best year is bang on the money, he was terrific again tonight. Keath also monstered the flopping Sideshow Bob lookalike.

Easton was also magnificent tonight, it’s easy to forget just how good the guy is at his best.

The most obvious difference in the past three weeks - and there’s been plenty - has been that we don’t let the opposition move the ball easily. The Pies and Saints went through us like a knife through butter. The past few weeks the giants, the swans and norf have been suffocated against us.

I’m too superstitious to say we’re back, but geez, the last three weeks have been so good.

And just one last time, go **** yourselves Norf you pack of whining, self pitying, perennially victimised bunch of turds.

I really, really, really hate that lot, in case I neglected to ever mention to you all. :)

He’ll be at least a couple of years in and out of the 2nds you would think. Not a major issue next year and fights for his spot the year after.
Maybe, but he could hit the ground running. Players who can excel in their underage year at TAC often start well at AFL level, Matt Rowell being the obvious current example.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jong has become a whole new player. No more of the poor decisions, panic disposals and sloppy kicks. He's probably legitimately our best contested mark, giving Wood and Naughton a run for their money. Makes a huge difference around the field
My only criticism of Jong tonight and in previous games is his reluctance to take the shot. Have confidence young man.

I am not getting carried away on one performance but with Bruce and Schache working so well together and Naughton to come back in do we really need to waste a high draft pick on JUH?
Also with Hunter, Dunkley, Duryea, Weightman, Dickson, Lloyd etc to come back in, is it time for a second team to come into the AFL from Footscray?
Other than that I am just keeping a lid on it.

Our last 9 games played:
- R21-R23 2019: 3 wins, 384 points for, 185 points against, 208%
- EF 2019 + R1-R2 2020: 0 wins, 138 points for, 287 points against, 48%
- R3-R5 2020: 3 wins, 211 points for, 110 points against, 192%

More ying less yang please.

Happens to young sides...the goals will kick themselves....

He’ll be at least a couple of years in and out of the 2nds you would think. Not a major issue next year and fights for his spot the year after.

JUH’s guns say otherwise. He won’t be held back by strength or conditioning. He has played in the midfield too and isn’t a liability.

It will be a good problem to have. Competition for spots up forward is going to be immense.

It takes a few years to know if a recruiter is any good, but we might look back and think Nick Austin has a good eye for talent. Smith and West picked themselves, but I think Vandermeer in the 30s, Butler in the 50s, Hayes a good depth option in the 70s, Lachie Young and Sweet both look to have something to offer as rookie picks, it looks to be a good two years of drafting.

hope the new guy has similar ability

Our supporters are the best.

After three months of the AFL season, we were sitting on the bottom of the ladder without a single win. Our supporters were calling for Bevo's head.

We have since gone undefeated and have to go way back to the last financial year since we lost a match. As a result, we are sitting in the top eight and Bevo is now the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back