QAFL 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Gee Aspley's div 1 side possibly would give a few QAFL sides a run this year. Reportedly had half a doz of the NEAFL boys stick with them (as ex juniors in the main) plus Aaron Young now.

Surely Grange haven’t been granted additional points per game this season??
They’ve got the whole northside and somehow need more points. Is this the rumour?

Surely Grange haven’t been granted additional points per game this season??
They’ve got the whole northside and somehow need more points. Is this the rumour?

How can Grange be given 3 extra player points at this level? They have done it at our level with Teams getting 5 extra points more than other clubs.

Supposedly because clubs have had lack of success or competitiveness?

Thought poor player management would be more likely and not working hard enough as a club. I thought Grange were starting To get their act together better than most clubs. Why would they need a leg up?

How can Grange be given 3 extra player points at this level? They have done it at our level with Teams getting 5 extra points more than other clubs.

Supposedly because clubs have had lack of success or competitiveness?

Thought poor player management would be more likely and not working hard enough as a club. I thought Grange were starting To get their act together better than most clubs. Why would they need a leg up?
I think if you witnessed the Grange practice match on the weekend you would realise they need all the help they can get to be competitive this year. Star recruit looks to have been feasting on meat pies for the last couple of months.

I think if you witnessed the Grange practice match on the weekend you would realise they need all the help they can get to be competitive this year. Star recruit looks to have been feasting on meat pies for the last couple of months.

But surely you don’t get an advantage because you have recruited poorly?

Seems Grange get a lot of leg ups with AFLQ for various reasons but not sure any club at any level should get an advantage on a system that is put in place to level the competition?

Just makes a mockery of salary cap and points system in my eyes.

Seems Grange get a lot of leg ups with AFLQ for various reasons but not sure any club at any level should get an advantage on a system that is put in place to level the competition?

Yeah actually just getting g our heads around this points system.Im hearing a neafl player is 4 points for this shorter season but reading they are infact 5 points if they have played more than 5 neafl games in previous 3 years! Has the points system been relaxed for this season? Is 48 points the total team amount for 2020 which is what I am hearing however read that it is 45.Luckilly a lot of our boys are juniors!

Yeah actually just getting g our heads around this points system.Im hearing a neafl player is 4 points for this shorter season but reading they are infact 5 points if they have played more than 5 neafl games in previous 3 years! Has the points system been relaxed for this season? Is 48 points the total team amount for 2020 which is what I am hearing however read that it is 45.Luckilly a lot of our boys are juniors!

It was 45 points in QAFL.

With the NEAFL folding we all got upgraded to 56.

Its bloody hard to get anywhere near that, so I don't understand why anyone would need more.

Last year's premiers I doubt got anywhere near 40 points most weeks. If we picked our absolute highest value 22, we can't get to 56 and will likely float between 45 and 50.

Grange having 59 points just seems crazy. One of the biggest junior clubs in Brisbane can't fit 22 guys in under 56 points??

I don't have an issue with it, won something like 15 of their last 64 games, rules are there for this sort of thing - but I wouldn't have thought the points cap is what holds them back, it's so high this year it can't hold anyone back!

If indeed true then it is an absolutely stupid decision. It doesnt matter about the whys or the reasons, its just unbelievable that it would be needed. The issue possibly might lie with the number of colts boys they recruited from other clubs in 2019 that wont be 1 pt players when (if) they play senior footy this year but 2 point. Add in the more senior recruits from NEAFL and elsewhere then it might be looking grim. But that should be irrelevant.
maroochy will play them this week with a team sitting around 30 points!

You guys will be fine mate.

It was 45 points in QAFL.

With the NEAFL folding we all got upgraded to 56.

Its bloody hard to get anywhere near that, so I don't understand why anyone would need more.

Last year's premiers I doubt got anywhere near 40 points most weeks. If we picked our absolute highest value 22, we can't get to 56 and will likely float between 45 and 50.

Grange having 59 points just seems crazy. One of the biggest junior clubs in Brisbane can't fit 22 guys in under 56 points??

I don't have an issue with it, won something like 15 of their last 64 games, rules are there for this sort of thing - but I wouldn't have thought the points cap is what holds them back, it's so high this year it can't hold anyone back!

Different coach, different list and more points already. Just can’t see why it was needed this year if anytime?

Surely with all the changes and player movement they would wait until end of this 8 weeks and then make a call if Maroochydore, Grange or if Noosa come up next year look at it then?

How many games do you think Grange will win in 8 game season?

Lets get on with the season ,, geez guys its on in 5 days time ,, something we are privledged to have compared to absolutley no grassroots footy in the aussie rules state of Australia be it Victoria,
My Broady have the bye in round 1 so I will go and watch Morningside vs Labrador this Saturday...cant wait

Lets get on with the season ,, geez guys its on in 5 days time ,, something we are privledged to have compared to absolutley no grassroots footy in the aussie rules state of Australia be it Victoria,
My Broady have the bye in round 1 so I will go and watch Morningside vs Labrador this Saturday...cant wait
I’d love a match report stuyd. I’m going to surfersv palmy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They were talking of no coverage of any games up until last week but I think AFLQ managed to get the approval of funds to have game’s videoed. You would presume then hopefully one game a weekend is live streamed?

Apparently Morningside have 3 or 4 draft hopefuls playing. (No idea if Hodge will) That in itself should draw some interest. Perhaps even from interstate?

Hey boys, a bit of a long shot but with the vfl season cancelling myself and a mate are looking to play some footy up north. 22 and 23. There’s obviously a few hurdles to get through and very late notice but would any teams be interested to have a chat?

Sherwood Magpies AFC (facebook) maybe your best bet. Great club. Have struggled, may need a gun or 2.. Oh yeah. They are a QAFL club.

Last edited:
Hey boys, a bit of a long shot but with the vfl season cancelling myself and a mate are looking to play some footy up north. 22 and 23. There’s obviously a few hurdles to get through and very late notice but would any teams be interested to have a chat?

Few hurdles!! I’d say heaps. How the hell can u get out mate?

Is that your thoughts or the whole clubs? Would you need to console with the other key stakeholders as well?

1st id like to say 'struggling' may not have been the correct wording. Perhaps 'have been pretty average' better.

Fleet Foot. You make a good point. I wonder what the coaching staff and ALL the committee members think? Thinking outside the box may be what the Pies need? Perhaps those 2 young blokes could be encouraged to stay? Get them jobs etc?

During chaos is always the best time for opportunity. Not the best time to make 'limiting decisions'. If I was a club isd be picking their brains, finding out how long term it could be, asking about other players looking for a warmer lifestyle etc. QLD has a lot to offer kids who realise their AFL dream is gone but their talent can still open opportunities. So offer them opportunity and lifestyle. Don't tell them to piss off. FFS!

1st id like to say 'struggling' may not have been the correct wording. Perhaps 'have been pretty average' better.

Fleet Foot. You make a good point. I wonder what the coaching staff and ALL the committee members think? Thinking outside the box may be what the Pies need? Perhaps those 2 young blokes could be encouraged to stay? Get them jobs etc?

During chaos is always the best time for opportunity. Not the best time to make 'limiting decisions'. If I was a club isd be picking their brains, finding out how long term it could be, asking about other players looking for a warmer lifestyle etc. QLD has a lot to offer kids who realise their AFL dream is gone but their talent can still open opportunities. So offer them opportunity and lifestyle. Don't tell them to piss off. FFS!
All valid points, but park this aside and tell me this, how do they get into the state in the current climate?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back