Game Day Round 6, 2020: Collingwood v Hawthorn, 7.50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’re you in a coma in 2017?
I'm hoping, like in 2017, we persist with absolute stupidity until it's too late, then romp home to finish 9th*.

Oh, and like 2019, when we persisted with absolute stupidity then romped home to finish 9th*.

*or 10th or whatever the f***.

I have seen worse and less competitive Hawthorn sides but I don’t think I’ve seen a less interesting Hawthorn side. We don’t score. We don’t look like scoring. Our team is old. We rolled the dice after 2015 and tried to trade to stay relevant. I agreed with the strategy but the strategy failed
"a less interesting Hawthorn side" - that's what I have been trying to say. There's just nothing to it.

We need to seriously reevaluate where we are as a club from the Top down
There's boo e who bleeds brown and gold. Clarko went soft in the earl 2010s, stopped demanding perfection. Players now are individuals with feelings... hell, our captain is a DJ at the most notorious drug club in Melbourne...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The ONLY time we’ve looked good in this game and this entire season is when we’ve moved the ball forward quickly and with purpose. Chipping it around backwards with no intent to convert that into a decisive attacking play is when we’ve looked the least dangerous.

We have plenty of talented players but they’re being stifled with this gameplan. It’s not fun to watch, just frustrating. I imagine it’s the same from a playing perspective. Just look at Wingard - he’s stuck in first gear.

There has to be major changes after tonight. If not, I'll start watching again in 2021.

Is anyone else miserable, but also feeling a little relief that we can't pretend anymore? Our list is poor.
I've been trying to figure out the feeling and you have summed it up here.

We haven’t got a CHF, think that is a issue,
Even if we did have leading forwards would we be able to string together 3 possessions to even get it to them?

At least they only got 1 goal that quarter. Just gotta have a go when we get the ball. Too often we mark and go back over the mark allowing them to setup. Rather lose by 60 trying to do something than lose by 30 playing this s**t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back