Festival of Footy - Round ... whatever we're up to - Other Game Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

you'd think 1 day wouldn't make that much difference would ya? and was a pretty bruise free game of keeping off. its not like they're playing their 3rd game in 10 days or whatever cause they had the bye the week before. Anyway im tipping Freo.
Fair enough. Who knows why some teams are favourites week to week. I've seen Melbourne as favourite plenty of times for no reason I could think of.

Carlton are clearly a superior side to Freo, they just lack consistency. You don't go +20 points up at half time vs WCE at home unless you can play some decent football.

I'd expect them to win quite comfortably. They can score goals in a hurry, Freo can't.If they can got off to a decent start and lead it's all over baby.

Like many I struggled with Toyota AFL season 2020. Melbourne Demons performing below professional standard, stop-start of season due to pandemic, no live games to get drunk at and lockdown etc.

But now... immense joy and pleasure to be had.

Not one but TWO first round pics to project hopes and dreams on + some guy named Trent who is also very good.
Petracca gone from "s**t Trac's got the ball from 20 metres out we're 5 points down 0% chance this one" to "Ripper Trac's got the ball anywhere unreal good things to come".
Collingwood playing toilet. Hawthorn bottom 4. North Melbourne rabble. Adelaide haven't had a single win + new and interesting stories about shitty camp still being revealed.

Credit where it's due, the product is very very good right now! Just need Dees to sneak into the 8 and I'd be very happy! What a season!

(pls fix the ******* umpiring tho)

I think Richmond's game has gone under the radar here. They scored 11.7 from 24 inside 50s on the weekend.
That's gotta be one of the most remarkable conversion rates in this era of footy.
Could you imagine if we could score at even close to that?? Jeepers.
I remember seeing during the game, I think it was mid-late 3rd, Fox put the I50 Conversion percentage on the screen, and they were 100% ... have never seen anything like it.

I remember seeing during the game, I think it was mid-late 3rd, Fox put the I50 Conversion percentage on the screen, and they were 100% ... have never seen anything like it.
It's ******* crazy, it means they can win any game because they can have a crap quarter and stay in it.
Not exactly game breaking analysis as they've won 2 flags but we are almost the opposite. We lose games we dominate.

It's ******* crazy, it means they can win any game because they can have a crap quarter and stay in it.
Not exactly game breaking analysis as they've won 2 flags but we are almost the opposite. We lose games we dominate.

It could also mean that their current conversion rate is unsustainable long term and they have been lucky so far.

Yeah exactly ... imagine knowing, even if you're being thoroughly outplayed, that you're never actually out of the game? We dominate play and know that we're never really in it ...

Eh it's got em 2 flags, I think it means they are always in a game. Must be nice.

They're definitely always in the game, I would say though when they lose they tend to get belted (Look at their losses 2018 - present). If you're willing to concede midfield dominance that much there will be games when the oppo make you pay for it.

They're definitely always in the game, I would say though when they lose they tend to get belted (Look at their losses 2018 - present). If you're willing to concede midfield dominance that much there will be games when the oppo make you pay for it.
Yeah except most of their losses are in away games interstate that don't really matter. Richmond know that all they need to do is win at the G.

Yeah except most of their losses are in away games interstate that don't really matter. Richmond know that all they need to do is win at the G.

They lost to the Cats by 80 last year and were beaten comfortably by the Pies at the MCG too. Great side yes but their weakness has always been they can get belted out of the middle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They lost to the Cats by 80 last year and were beaten comfortably by the Pies at the MCG too. Great side yes but their weakness has always been they can get belted out of the middle.
They also deal with sides when it matters too, they normally lose contested ball but who cares really? Compare them to our style of dominating contested ball and it's pretty clear it's not that important

I think Richmond's game has gone under the radar here. They scored 11.7 from 24 inside 50s on the weekend.
That's gotta be one of the most remarkable conversion rates in this era of footy.
Could you imagine if we could score at even close to that?? Jeepers.
I missed that game but that kind of stat would indicate to me that Port locked the ball in their forward half for much of the game an Richmond scored on transition. Am I around the mark?

24 inside 50s is super low in modern footy, but if you've got space any entry is going to be dangerous. Case in point we've scored more goals from the back half than pretty much every other team.

I missed that game but that kind of stat would indicate to me that Port locked the ball in their forward half for much of the game an Richmond scored on transition. Am I around the mark?

24 inside 50s is super low in modern footy, but if you've got space any entry is going to be dangerous. Case in point we've scored more goals from the back half than pretty much every other team.
Yeah but it didn't really feel like port were dominating either, was the most watchable game I've seen in a decade

A couple of very MFC - making the easy look impossible - inside 50's for Essendon there ... a couple of near guarantee goals that they couldn't even turn into a scoring shot ... absolutely delightful!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back