Roast Ladhams (3mtch) & Houston (2mtch) COVID Breach

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder if the club could appeal the fine handed to them that is included in the soft cap. The AFL changed the rules regarding team fines for COVID breaches shortly before the Taylor incident, but to the best of my knowledge (and please correct me if I'm wrong), the breach by Ladhams and Houston happened BEFORE the AFL changed this rule.

Chris Davies is the real reason for our current renaissance.

Renaissance? Haven't you got the message that we're living in a sporting groundhog day and the only way to get out of it is to point it out in every single thread?

It's a long way back into the team for Ladhams now. If Westhoff plays even half acceptable football, they won't drop him for Ladhams after such an enormous breach of trust. He's lost his spot in the best 22 and won't necessarily get it back this year.

It's a long way back into the team for Ladhams now. If Westhoff plays even half acceptable football, they won't drop him for Ladhams after such an enormous breach of trust. He's lost his spot in the best 22 and won't necessarily get it back this year.

Yep. Marshall to come back as well. That's one selection headache that has just disappeared. With only 2 games left of the regular season for Ladhams to force his way in, we're probably going to need to s**t the bed against a couple of the worst sides in the league for him to even be considered.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep. Marshall to come back as well. That's one selection headache that has just disappeared. With only 2 games left of the regular season for Ladhams to force his way in, we're probably going to need to sh*t the bed against a couple of the worst sides in the league for him to even be considered.

I'm not discounting that Westhoff doesn't play well enough to keep his spot. But in an instant we've switched from the backup ruck/third forward role being Ladhams' to lose to it being Westhoff's to lose. And to be perfectly frank, after this episode, I hope the dedicated 14 year pro plays well and keeps his spot and plays finals ahead of a young fella who has clearly got well ahead of himself.

Chris Davies is the real reason for our current renaissance.

tenor.gif

I'm not discounting that Westhoff doesn't play well enough to keep his spot. But in an instant we've switched from the backup ruck/third forward role being Ladhams' to lose to it being Westhoff's to lose. And to be perfectly frank, after this episode, I hope the dedicated 14 year pro plays well and keeps his spot and plays finals ahead of a young fella who has clearly got well ahead of himself.

Even if Westhoff goes out, we might run with a Dixon/Marshall/Georgiades setup and get Dixon or Marshall backing up in the ruck. The 2nd ruck spot just sort of happened because Ladhams played well enough that he kept his spot ahead of Westhoff, but if Marshall had been fit he might have lost his spot anyway.

Honestly a fair punishment in my eyes. Was expecting to see rest of H&A for both of them so this is better than that.

it might be for Ladhams (if you add the bye onto the 3 games) ... It will leave only the Essendon game for him to try and get in before the finals

(Houston will have the North & Essendon game because round 15 is the bye for us)

Even if Westhoff goes out, we might run with a Dixon/Marshall/Georgiades setup and get Dixon or Marshall backing up in the ruck. The 2nd ruck spot just sort of happened because Ladhams played well enough that he kept his spot ahead of Westhoff, but if Marshall had been fit he might have lost his spot anyway.

If Westh can find form for two months of footy, he could well be a key ingredient in a flag.

>> Cat Dog

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ha look, as much as I like the way you think, and think it’s bull that we have copped it, it’s fraud, it’s cheating.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It’s the Port Tax.... maybe the AFL thought we could rub them out for longer or cop a fine.

The whole show is rigged, I heard a story that Richmond refused to play in WA against West Coast, just said ‘ up’ so the AFL rescheduled.

I do wonder what rules there are for coaches to get money in other ways - I mean it’s always played related.

Bass does have a legit side business though!

who knows.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back